Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I also have the Mossberg Shockwave in 410. Interested in taking that the range one of these days too.
I figure thats all i need in my "arsenal". The Mossberg to protect my castle, the glock for my person.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
First thing i did was load all the clips, i was thinking that it seemed way harder than i expected it to be. Especially the last few rounds.I was honestly a little nervous about leaving it laying around loaded so i already ordered a safe, should arrive later this week.
I had a question about the ranges though. How do you take your weapons there? Like legally or whatever? do you need a case or can you just walk in with it in a holster?
What state are you in?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just bought a glock 26. came with 5 magazines including a 20 round clip.
I was considering getting a concealed carry license but for now i'm just gonna keep it in the house. I kind of new to guns, What are ya'lls routines as far as safety, maintenance, and self defense? Do you go to gun ranges?

First thing i did was load all the clips, i was thinking that it seemed way harder than i expected it to be. Especially the last few rounds.I was honestly a little nervous about leaving it laying around loaded so i already ordered a safe, should arrive later this week.
I had a question about the ranges though. How do you take your weapons there? Like legally or whatever? do you need a case or can you just walk in with it in a holster?

Ohio, Cleveland area.

First of all learn your basics.

Each part of the firearm has its own name for a reason. You have magazines for your glock, not clips. Then if you havent, get your fukking ccw. Not only do you need the education, but you will want to be certified through your state. Don't go searching online for some $35 ccw class because it's probably not worth the paper it's printed in. You take one of those classes the state can still deny your application or if the trainer gets his license revoked your ccw becomes invalid. A good ccw is going to cost somewhere in the $100 range. Should be from a reputable place could be $175, might be on sale for a day for $85.

I literally have a friend that got hemmed up in August. He could be facing up to 20 years, but as of 3 weeks ago his lawyers came back at the state with all if his applications and renewals and told them "if people like him are getting federal firearms licenses, purchase permits, concealed carry, and other stamps and tags with no issues then when they get arrested there's suddenly a bunch of issues they aren't the problem, you (the state) are.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
First of all learn your basics.

Each part of the firearm has its own name for a reason. You have magazines for your glock, not clips. Then if you havent, get your fukking ccw. Not only do you need the education, but you will want to be certified through your state. Don't go searching online for some $35 ccw class because it's probably not worth the paper it's printed in. You take one of those classes the state can still deny your application or if the trainer gets his license revoked your ccw becomes invalid. A good ccw is going to cost somewhere in the $100 range. Should be from a reputable place could be $175, might be on sale for a day for $85.

I literally have a friend that got hemmed up in August. He could be facing up to 20 years, but as of 3 weeks ago his lawyers came back at the state with all if his applications and renewals and told them "if people like him are getting federal firearms licenses, purchase permits, concealed carry, and other stamps and tags with no issues then when they get arrested there's suddenly a bunch of issues they aren't the problem, you (the state) are.
I already know a good place nearby that has CCW classes. But Ohio is an open carry state anyways so i was mostly asking about shooting range etiquette. I figured nobody there would be overly disturbed if i open carried on premises, but i don't want to jump to conclusions with a gun.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston

I would say walk in there with it in a bag or something. You dont want to come in there and have them on edge cuz the gun is on you.

Down here in Tx, we go into the range with the magazines empty and the bullets in a bag

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I already know a good place nearby that has CCW classes. But Ohio is an open carry state anyways so i was mostly asking about shooting range etiquette. I figured nobody there would be overly disturbed if i open carried on premises, but i don't want to jump to conclusions with a gun.

Range etiquette. Have cases and bag. Firearm is always empty except on the shooting lane.

Remember to never ever point the muzzle in the direction of another person whether unloaded or loaded.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I also have the Mossberg Shockwave in 410. Interested in taking that the range one of these days too.
I figure thats all i need in my "arsenal". The Mossberg to protect my castle, the glock for my person.
A shotgun might not be the greatest gun to protect your home.
Honestly my stance has changed, I think an AR is definitely better than a shotgun or pistol

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Just bought a glock 26. came with 5 magazines including a 20 round clip.
I was considering getting a concealed carry license but for now i'm just gonna keep it in the house. I kind of new to guns, What are ya'lls routines as far as safety, maintenance, and self defense? Do you go to gun ranges?
take your gun unloaded in a case to the gun range.
Most ranges will not allow holstering and drawing your weapon at the gun line.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A shotgun might not be the greatest gun to protect your home.
Honestly my stance has changed, I think an AR is definitely better than a shotgun or pistol
:rudy: I completely disagree. No rifle of any kind is better for close quarters than a pistol or short shottie. I have corners in my house where i wouldnt even have enough room

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
are this fn’s that most police carry worth the 6-700 dollar price tag?
Most times government purchase prices are overpriced.
Plus different police depts carry different guns, most carry glocks.

Me personally I refuse to pay a brand tax for a gun. My pistol limit is $600 with fees

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:rudy: I completely disagree. No rifle of any kind is better for close quarters than a pistol or short shottie. I have corners in my house where i wouldnt even have enough room
Tell me why do you think that?
What corners can you take with a shotgun that you can't take with a rifle, especially a short barrel rifle?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They are having some nice halloween sales at aeroprecision and palmetto state armory.

Palmetto has some great deals on pistol marked ar lowers 239 for one with a brace that is usally 200 itself.

aero has 15% off everything on the site and free shipping. get on these deals.