The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

Karume

All Star
Daps
I wonder if that's a Deion thing or Livingston, didn't they stay in man alot last year with Kelly too?
both, it's the strength of the secondary.

I think Livingston is adjusting to the fact that as a season goes on teams will take advantage of what they perceive as a weakness. just as much as you watch their film, they watch yours

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if that's a Deion thing or Livingston, didn't they stay in man alot last year with Kelly too?
I believe Deion has had that preference since JSU, it's never good to be completely dogmatic in philosophy....teams will learn and pick it apart

Karume

All Star
Daps
I believe Deion has had that preference since JSU, it's never good to be completely dogmatic in philosophy....teams will learn and pick it apart
for the most part playing man hasnt been their achilles heel IMO. it's lack of adaptability and recognition of specialty scenarios like spread QB run sets and to occasionally spy

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed, Shannon was saying he gotta get up out that man and switch it up during the Nightcap postgame

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
for the most part playing man hasnt been their achilles heel IMO. it's lack of adaptability and recognition of specialty scenarios like spread QB run sets and to occasionally spy
When you're in man theres generally only one player with visability on the QB...if that man can't make a difficult tackle it exposes the defense to big plays...especially when you spread a team out like NDSU and Baylor did..it's just not a favorable look for that attack...gotta be able to switch it up especially with teams you know are coming in with a mobile Q

Agreed, Shannon was saying he gotta get up out that man and switch it up during the Nightcap postgame
Just give teams more to think about IMO

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

This is something Shedeur has to clean up tho....this is a perfect example of holding onto the ball too long chasing the home run instead of just hitting that single.... You know your line is shabby...you need to avoid taking these drive killing sacks at all cost...the underneath is open in 3 spots...Just take the easy money and keep the drive alive.... This team is much better than last year but I think he still has that feeling that he has to do everything in order for them to be in a game

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is something Shedeur has to clean up tho....this is a perfect example of holding onto the ball too long chasing the home run instead of just hitting that single.... You know your line is shabby...you need to avoid taking these drive killing sacks at all cost...the underneath is open in 3 spots...Just take the easy money and keep the drive alive.... This team is much better than last year but I think he still has that feeling that he has to do everything in order for them to be in a game

Houston getting his asswhooped at RT again

Karume

All Star
Daps
U would disagree with a Hall of Fame te that knows what defenses give ppl problems.
a lot of defenses will give you problems if executed properly.

that being said I should have gone more indepth. yes there is something to be said for variety. but the need for zone is being overstated. CU's issues are primarily situational. that would likely involve zone or or perhaps mixed coverages. there's no reason to go away from man as their base concept