The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

Karume

All Star
Daps
nikka be serious, Primetime Jakes only cares about 3 players on this team, even people who didn’t see it last year are on the fence now. Are you gon rebel against all criticism of him?
the issue is that the phrasing playing favorites is used differently by people. for some it means playing someone who isnt better than the other players. to others it means that the best players are featured.

rebel? that makes no sense. If you actually read my posts I havent defended anything.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Charlie clearly shouldn’t be starting, but is it really making that big a difference? Do we beat Nebraska if Hayden starts?

It’s much bigger than that. Prime brings in top 30ish recruiting classes, which is way better than we were getting, but not good enough to get to where he set the expectations.

A .500 season 2 years removed from what happened 2 years ago should be a huge success, but no one inside or outside of the program is gonna see it that way.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Yall keep blaming the line when this is a Deion issue even at JSU the line never was all that great. Benson was really good at IU, Jordan was the top OT recruit in the country , Tyler Johnson was one of the best pass blocking guards in the country and a top run blocking guard in this conference, Jordan Myers was a top guard in his conference only allowed 1 sack and was part of a team with a good rushing attack, Tyler brown was part of a Joe Moore semifinalist offense line. These guys have talent the problem is Deion and the scheme. I didn’t even mention the running backs. I see way too much blame on these players man they aren’t the problem you don’t go from all that I listed to being a bum and my point is proved by every running back and lineman who left balling out this year so far.

Karume

All Star
Daps
Yall keep blaming the line when this is a Deion issue even at JSU the line never was all that great. Benson was really good at IU, Jordan was the top OT recruit in the country , Tyler Johnson was one of the best pass blocking guards in the country and a top run blocking guard in this conference, Jordan Myers was a top guard in his conference only allowed 1 sack and was part of a team with a good rushing attack, Tyler brown was part of a Joe Moore semifinalist offense line. These guys have talent the problem is Deion and the scheme. I didn’t even mention the running backs. I see way too much blame on these players man they aren’t the problem you don’t go from all that I listed to being a bum and my point is proved by every running back and lineman who left balling out this year so far.
what do you mean by JSU's line wasnt great. didnt they have 1k yard rushing seasons?

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
what do you mean by JSU's line wasnt great. didnt they have 1k yard rushing seasons?
1 and he barely had 1100 yards mind you that is with Deion having legitimately the best oline in the swac they had p5 Guys on that oline and they still looked bad because in the celebration bowl they got done just how it look in Colorado also that guy who got 1100 yards was a transfer who was already one of the best backs in hbcu football the year before

Karume

All Star
Daps
1 and he barely had 1100 yards mind you that is with Deion having legitimately the best oline in the swac they had p5 Guys on that oline and they still looked bad because in the celebration bowl they got done just how it look in Colorado also that guy who got 1100 yards was a transfer who was already one of the best backs in hbcu football the year before
didnt you just say that the JSU wasn't all that great? having a 1k rusher is great.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
didnt you just say that the JSU wasn't all that great? having a 1k rusher is great.
It wasn’t great they got a 1000 yard rusher because the swac d lines that year weren’t good when they played in the celebration bowl against an actual d line they did nothing. It’s a scheme and Deion issue

Karume

All Star
Daps
It wasn’t great they got a 1000 yard rusher because the swac d lines that year weren’t good when they played in the celebration bowl against an actual d line they did nothing. It’s a scheme and Deion issue
explain how it's a Deion issue

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Yall nikkas gotta stop this cap bruh …. I get it they lost to Nebraska but It’s getting silly :mjlol:

I don’t know where this “every past olineman is balling” myth started but it’s clear that this is new narrative that nikkas are just running with and it doesn’t seem to be based on much …now there’s 4 linemen from the CU team last year that transferred and are playing elsewhere… 2 at Oregon State …one at Northwestern and one at Syracuse ….below I’ll post their PFF grades that go over their actual performance this year and compared to the year with CU…now PFF isn’t perfect but they do do a good job of noting what a guy actually did vs giving players credit for something that actually was their teammates doing ….ill post the grading scale last so you can see where they all rank as well

1. Van Wells

IMG-2795.jpg

I actually liked Van last year he was decent and young …I thought this was a decent loss from a depth perspective but as you can see his overall grade has dropped from last season at CU which was only barely around average to begin with …he’s now hovering around below average

2. GCL

IMG-2790.jpg

He’s basically had one great game against IDAHO STATE….everything else especially his pass pro grade is the same as what it was last season… they play Oregon next week …we’ll see how much he “balls out” against them

3. Jack Bailey

IMG-2791.jpg

Yet again we see a drop in Overall grade with 2 absolutely trash performances in consecutive weeks…. He did have a good game in pass pro but he’s been generally mid so far

4. Big Savion

IMG-2794.jpg

Once again ….another former CU linemen performing worse on his new team than he did in Boulder ….his pass pro has fell off a cliff and he’s already been penalized this season …far from thriving definitely not balling lol

IMG-2793.jpg

Posting the grading scale for additional context but yall nikkas gotta stop coming on here just blurting everything you heard in so,e troll YouTube video …it looks silly :mjlol: These nikkas are who we thought they were

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I can also get into the specific pressures allowed from each of them nikkas too and it ain’t pretty

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Yall nikkas gotta stop this cap bruh …. I get it they lost to Nebraska but It’s getting silly :mjlol:

I don’t know where this “every past olineman is balling” myth started but it’s clear that this is new narrative that nikkas are just running with and it doesn’t seem to be based on much …now there’s 4 linemen from the CU team last year that transferred and are playing elsewhere… 2 at Oregon State …one at Northwestern and one at Syracuse ….below I’ll post their PFF grades that go over their actual performance this year and compared to the year with CU…now PFF isn’t perfect but they do do a good job of noting what a guy actually did vs giving players credit for something that actually was their teammates doing ….ill post the grading scale last so you can see where they all rank as well

1. Van Wells

IMG-2795.jpg

I actually liked Van last year he was decent and young …I thought this was a decent loss from a depth perspective but as you can see his overall grade has dropped from last season at CU which was only barely around average to begin with …he’s now hovering around below average

2. GCL

IMG-2790.jpg

He’s basically had one great game against IDAHO STATE….everything else especially his pass pro grade is the same as what it was last season… they play Oregon next week …we’ll see how much he “balls out” against them

3. Jack Bailey

IMG-2791.jpg

Yet again we see a drop in Overall grade with 2 absolutely trash performances in consecutive weeks…. He did have a good game in pass pro but he’s been generally mid so far

4. Big Savion

IMG-2794.jpg

Once again ….another former CU linemen performing worse on his new team than he did in Boulder ….his pass pro has fell off a cliff and he’s already been penalized this season …far from thriving definitely not balling lol

IMG-2793.jpg

Posting the grading scale for additional context but yall nikkas gotta stop coming on here just blurting everything you heard in so,e troll YouTube video …it looks silly :mjlol: These nikkas are who we thought they were
the guys I listed were good at the other schools tho so explain the drop off when they come to Colorado. Also the only one who was worse is Savion the rest have better grades idk why you trying to put an * by there grades.