The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
they are only wasted plays if they dont fit into a plan. short passes have long been used as pseudo running plays. the west coast offense is a prime example of such.
I agree with you but I think the still need a solid running game.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
That was Sheduers audible on that deep ball... If he connects to the wide open man or doesn't have that fluke int nobody is likely complaining...but he missed so it's MMQB going on naturally... I think next time Sheduer will just play on schedule and stick basic play based on what he was saying in the post game..... But regarding the play balance in general...I think we may just have to accept that this is a passing team that just can't run the ball effectively...they're likely going to live and die on Sheduers arm this year :francis:
So why’d they get rid of the other OC or was it just because he got the new job midseason or something because tbh they look the same

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Georgia bama Oregon and Texas all have top qbs and the main thing is running the ball. Hes numbers not gonna drop off that much if any
Georgia Bama Texas and Oregon are loaded with 5 stars all around their QBs so they don't have to do as much...it's like Purdy with the 49ers ....that is not the case for CU so I don't really get that comparison...they have to do what works for THEM and their actual personnel not what works for teams that are far more talented...they aren't set up to be a team that runs the ball 40 times a game or anywhere close to that like Alabama which is why they lean way more on the pass game than an Alabama does

Also just for reference Oregon only ran the ball 2 more times per game last season than CU did...why? Because they let their Heisman candidate QB run the show

Karume

All Star
Daps
I agree with you but I think the still need a solid running game.
trust me if you had ever played me in Madden or CFB you would know how much I like running.

as far as CU goes I would like at least some plays with a FB.

honestly I'm the type to run plays designed to run straight into people not away from them.

Karume

All Star
Daps
So why’d they get rid of the other OC or was it just because he got the new job midseason or something because tbh they look the same
it's different, I think you think it's the same because of how much passing.

that being said I think the bigger issue was the OL coach. it's interesting to note that when Lewis left for the SDSU job he didnt take the OL coach with him

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Making a full team analysis about how "they look the same" after 1 game is silly amateur hour shyt first of all...Secondly that offense fell off a cliff as far as consistency through 4 quarters after the CSU game last year and Sheduer was getting killed every game as well.... I'm sure that didn't help endear Sean Lewis to Deion...

Lastly.. I saw Sheduer only take 1 sack yesterday while he averaged around 5+ last year...that certainly isn't "the same" to me

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
it's different, I think you think it's the same because of how much passing.

that being said I think the bigger issue was the OL coach. it's interesting to note that when Lewis left for the SDSU job he didnt take the OL coach with him
You sure I thought he did?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
they could stay in shotgun but add a second TE.....
They don't have quality TE's to be running two of them out there...lol you better off just bringing in an extra Lineman if you want to do that...but nevertheless that shyt would be ultra predictable because you'd know those guys aren't receiving threats

Karume

All Star
Daps
They don't have quality TE's to be running two of them out there...lol you better off just bringing in an extra Lineman if you want to do that...but nevertheless that shyt would be ultra predictable because you'd know those guys aren't receiving threats
at some point running is about attitude

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Making a full team analysis about how "they look the same" after 1 game is silly amateur hour shyt first of all...Secondly that offense fell off a cliff as far as consistency through 4 quarters after the CSU game last year and Sheduer was getting killed every game as well.... I'm sure that didn't help endear Sean Lewis to Deion...

Lastly.. I saw Sheduer only take 1 sack yesterday while he averaged around 5+ last year...that certainly isn't "the same" to me

LOL they definitely don’t look the same offensively. Shurmur and Lewis’ offenses are completely different. Perhaps it’s the “same” to the untrained eye, because it’s a Coach Prime team. He has a fondness for the air raid, so his teams are going to be able to put some points on the board.

I’m really interested in seeing how Lewis’ offense looks at San Diego State, because his CU offense was really bad. Yeah they put up some numbers in spurts at times, but dude could not call a game for an entire four quarters. It’s like the offense did well at times in spite of him.