The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I think he needs to try and do more pulls with the G, maybe that may help out the running game. Down hill running is good when you have a strong line, misdirection, pulling can help aid the OLine when they are not so good..
Yeah if I can recall from last year they did have a little success with those little misdirection pitches to get their RB'S some space to the outside....they definitely need to deploy something different than that shotgun power shyt...running behind Khalil Benson especially was giving them nothing...it was embarrassing to watch that nikka get tossed like a pillow twice on that 3 and 1 then 4th and 1 play :mjlol:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A win is a win, but Colorado seems to be the same team they were last year.

Deion is shameless in trying to daddyball Sheduer into the Heisman conversation.

Colorado needs to really commit to actually running the ball. Would make Sheduer's life so much easier.

Travis Hunter is a dog, but you can't rely solely on him every week.

Shilo 24 years old still in college. Breh, it's time to get started on your post football life.

If Prime decides to stick around, I think he’ll be a better coach once his sons are gone. He’s a little too bias, and I think he’ll take more of an objective approach once they’re gone.

You gotta make a commitment to the run. I think Prime is okay abandoning it, because it helps Shedeur’s stats, and he has this irrational belief that it’s best for the ball to be into Shedeur’s hands, because he’s his father and seen it all his life.

As far as Shilo, I don’t think he’s starting material. I do think he has good qualities, in the sense that he’s hard hitting, and can create turnovers. He’s just way too slow for me. I’m sure there are plenty of NFL linemen that would smoke him in a race.

Karume

All Star
Daps
If Prime decides to stick around, I think he’ll be a better coach once his sons are gone. He’s a little too bias, and I think he’ll take more of an objective approach once they’re gone.

You gotta make a commitment to the run. I think Prime is okay abandoning it, because it helps Shedeur’s stats, and he has this irrational belief that it’s best for the ball to be into Shedeur’s hands, because he’s his father and seen it all his life.

As far as Shilo, I don’t think he’s starting material. I do think he has good qualities, in the sense that he’s hard hitting, and can create turnovers. He’s just way too slow for me. I’m sure there are plenty of NFL linemen that would smoke him in a race.
the daddy ball comments are disengenuous at best as many of the people who use that phrasing would be just as quick to clown shedeur if he didnt throw for big yards.

that being said I do agree with needing a commitment to the run. IMO the first quarter in particular should have been about establishing that. even if it isnt overly effective you dont want the defense going right back on to the field so quickly.

I do think Shilo is too caught up in the headache gang ceo persona. however I would say that I think he is faster than you think he is. what I do think he lacks isnt top end speed but acceleration.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Sheduer is one of the best in CFB and will be a top draft pick... I don't think you'll find many coaches that would find it irrational to keep the ball in his hands...if his last name wasn't Sanders no one would question that

vino

Superstar
Daps
Won’t win games in the big 12 if he refuses to run. Th2 run plays that were called were bullshyt. They can definitely run the ball because that line gave Charlie slow ass a massive lane that should have been a TD. I knew they were on some bullshyt the moment I saw Drelon (true freshmen) take the first snap on a novelty play. Then those damn rpo screen plays. They need to not allow Sheduer to do that. They will gone piss off the entire running back room .

Last edited:

vino

Superstar
Daps
Sheduer is one of the best in CFB and will be a top draft pick... I don't think you'll find many coaches that would find it irrational to keep the ball in his hands...if his last name wasn't Sanders no one would question that
While I agree, he has to feed his running backs. He ate enough and he should have not thrown the ball in their final drive or at goal line

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You gotta run the ball, I don’t care who the QB is

Hell if CU has a running game, Shedeur is even more effective.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
the daddy ball comments are disengenuous at best as many of the people who use that phrasing would be just as quick to clown shedeur if he didnt throw for big yards.

that being said I do agree with needing a commitment to the run. IMO the first quarter in particular should have been about establishing that. even if it isnt overly effective you dont want the defense going right back on to the field so quickly.

I do think Shilo is too caught up in the headache gang ceo persona. however I would say that I think he is faster than you think he is. what I do think he lacks isnt top end speed but acceleration.
I think it was mentioned earlier too with the run game that it just seems soo vanilla and predictable....the don't seem to try to run it to the edges ever it's consistent some bland shotgun hand-off where the RB takes too long to get to the line and then has no explosion thru the hole..
They need to get more creative with how they're trying to implement the ground game or that shyt is going to be useless for another season

Karume

All Star
Daps
Won’t win games in the big 12 if he refuses to run. Th2 run plays that were called were bullshyt. They can definitely run the ball because that line gave Charlie slow ass a massive lane that should have been a TD. I knew they were in some bullshyt the moment I saw Drelon (true freshmen) take the first snap on a novelty play. Then those damn rpo screen plays. They need to not allow Sheduer to do that. They will gone piss off the entire running back room .
the problem IMO isnt the horizontal passing that CU was doing. it's that it didnt seem to be used to setup the down field stuff. it was almost like random plays were being called versus a comprehensive gameplan

vino

Superstar
Daps
the problem IMO isnt the horizontal passing that CU was doing. it's that it didnt seem to be used to setup the down field stuff. it was almost like random plays were being called versus a comprehensive gameplan
That’s why I say remove them. They are wasted plays. Run that rock and it’ll set up down field passes

vino

Superstar
Daps
You gotta run the ball, I don’t care who the QB is

Hell if CU has a running game, Shedeur is even more effective.

What’s crazy is, I believe they have one they just refused to use it. They literally put a walk on, who is the smallest and the slowest of the backs on the field. This is over Augustave and Hayden.

Karume

All Star
Daps
That’s why I say remove them. They are wasted plays. Run that rock and it’ll set up down field passes
they are only wasted plays if they dont fit into a plan. short passes have long been used as pseudo running plays. the west coast offense is a prime example of such.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Georgia bama Oregon and Texas all have top qbs and the main thing is running the ball. Hes numbers not gonna drop off that much if any

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
While I agree, he has to feed his running backs. He ate enough and he should have not thrown the ball in their final drive or at goal line
That was Sheduers audible on that deep ball... If he connects to the wide open man or doesn't have that fluke int nobody is likely complaining...but he missed so it's MMQB going on naturally... I think next time Sheduer will just play on schedule and stick basic play based on what he was saying in the post game..... But regarding the play balance in general...I think we may just have to accept that this is a passing team that just can't run the ball effectively...they're likely going to live and die on Sheduers arm this year :francis:

Karume

All Star
Daps
That was Sheduers audible on that deep ball... If he connects to the wide open man or doesn't have that fluke int nobody is likely complaining...but he missed so it's MMQB going on naturally... I think next time Sheduer will just play on schedule and stick basic play based on what he was saying in the post game..... But regarding the play balance in general...I think we may just have to accept that this is a passing team that just can't run the ball effectively...they're likely going to live and die on Sheduers arm this year :francis:
they could stay in shotgun but add a second TE.....