The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
As much as Art Barr's posts make absolutely no sense, he's not wrong at all about chi town bein one of da most segrated "big cities" in da US. :usure:

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
^ Depends on what part youre in.....I go to school and work security part time up north and it is pretty mixed....also the suburb Oak Park ( that i stay in) is right outside of chicago and it is pretty mixed as well.

The south side and the west side is not the only parts of Chicago...thats what ppl dont get :smh:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
As much as Art Barr's posts make absolutely no sense, he's not wrong at all about chi town bein one of da most segrated "big cities" in da US. :usure:
It's more of a class thing than a race thing these days. My neighborhood has plenty of non-white people living here. Most of them being Black.

One time I lost my phone and a black prosperity preacher found it. Dude lived in River North not too far from me.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Again, I've yet to find a place where blacks are off limits and not present. The only segregation I see here is economic.

How long have you been here and how much of the area have you covered. We aren't speaking segregation like the 1960s but...how many areas can you name that have a nice mix of race. Most areas out here are dominated by one race. There is nothing different economically about Humboldt Park and alot of areas in the City..yet its dominated by one race.

2005-2009Map-01.png

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Again, I've yet to find a place where blacks are off limits and not present. The only segregation I see here is economic.

you are not from the chi.

you also,..do not know where bridgeport is either

as you are a transplant.

living in a purposeful sheltered bubble..so kill the bullshyt.

you know nuffin about the history here whatsoever.

also,..white people in michigan are way better examples of white people than the ones in chicago.

i know so,...as a fact.

you have never toured your own actuals state like i have.

so,..kill the bullshyt.

artist in your town get to draw in a grassroots manner because of me and juice.

so kill your ignorance,...

this is my city... i am the city heir of chicago.

i done more in your state than you, too.

art barr

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
^ Depends on what part youre in.....I go to school and work security part time up north and it is pretty mixed....also the suburb Oak Park ( that i stay in) is right outside of chicago and it is pretty mixed as well.

The south side and the west side is not the only parts of Chicago...thats what ppl dont get :smh:

Where up North?

And....Oak Park? ...in a decade it will look like Maywood :smugfavre:

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
How long have you been here and how much of the area have you covered. We aren't speaking segregation like the 1960s but...how many areas can you name that have a nice mix of race. Most areas out here are dominated by one race. There is nothing different economically about Humboldt Park and alot of areas in the City..yet its dominated by one race.

2005-2009Map-01.png
Everywhere I go I see Black people. Its a very rare instance that I'm the only Black person around. And no, nobody has ever told me "You are Black, you are not allowed here."

You guys are really really caught up on this racism and color sh!t. Yes, racism exists and it's unfair but I'm telling you to get over it for your own sake. You can't make it in this country if you think you can only associate with Black people. You're limiting yourself socially, economically, and intellectually. Your life will be better when you can stop being caught up about the fact that you are a Black person. I'm not all about cliches... but the fact is, the old adage "Seek and ye shall find," is very applicable when it comes to modern racism.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Now you're being silly.

Michigan is the home of the Michigan Militia. I grew up north of GR not too far from where Terry Nichols and Timmothy McVeigh were rolling around in the weeds training for helter-skelter.

Detroit is the home of "White Flight."

Mid-michigan is full of uneducated trashers that fly the stars and bars. I've only seen one Confederate flag since I've been in this city. ONLY ONE!

That isn't to say that Chicago isn't racist... but dude, you're a grown ass man. You need to realize that you're limiting your potential when you only associate with the brokeass black folks that you grew up around.

Black people in this city think it's acceptable to stand on the street and harass people for money. I've seen them bring their kids out there to help them pan-handle. Do you really think that minset is productive? Is only limiting yourself to that good for you?

I guess what I'm saying is that racism exists. It's a social dynamic present anywhere you go in this country. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you can maintain a job and become a productive member of society.

nikka,..

i am living a real blackballed existence and i know from real life.

a life that is way more evolved and higher than your own in professional grade and salary a full decade ago.

you have no idea of what exists here,..you are a transplant.

you are as ignorant, white washed and inexperienced as any transplant ever.

you know nuffin about chicago at all.

you don't even know not one real name of any neighborhood in this city.

so kill the bullshyt,...you can not tell me nuffin about my city.

i really been on these blocks in every stratum economically for real.

i grew up around and immersed in every socio-economic stratum.

this city has,...you have not and real talk.

you do not have the courage to walk these blocks at all.

so, kill your bullshyt.

you are naively ignorant and inexperienced.

especially when it comes to chicago, period.

art barr

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Well to be fair Chicago still is pretty segregated. Whereas it is nice for places to retain culture it usually comes off as bad. Blame Papa Daley though.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Well to be fair Chicago still is pretty segregated. Whereas it is nice for places to retain culture it usually comes off as bad. Blame Papa Daley though.
I'm a Black man and I had my choice of where to live in this city. When I first got here I didn't have an established credit history limiting my options, but as soon as I got crackin' and got a 20% bump in my anual take home I pretty much had my pick of where to stay.

Every public social setting I've been in has included Black people for the most part.

Art, this "blackballed existence" you're living is probably due to your own behavior to some degree. I mean, I'm trying to get along with you on here but you seem to be a really stubborn person that's hard to talk to. I can imagine that disposition of yours doesn't translate well into non-hood, non-backward settings.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Everywhere I go I see Black people. Its a very rare instance that I'm the only Black person around. And no, nobody has ever told me "You are Black, you are not allowed here."

You guys are really really caught up on this racism and color sh!t. Yes, racism exists and it's unfair but I'm telling you to get over it for your own sake. You can't make it in this country if you think you can only associate with Black people. You're limiting yourself socially, economically, and intellectually. Your life will be better when you can stop being caught up about the fact that you are a Black person. I'm not all about cliches... but the fact is, the old adage "Seek and ye shall find," is very applicable when it comes to modern racism.

nikka,..you stay downtown in an overpriced crib.

scared to venture past the magmile.

stop playing,...where you stay is essentially the only melting pot in the city.

you don't even remember me tellin you that you are so ignorant.

you know nuffin about this city,....

go look up my post on mad sam,..and get a gateway clue.

this city is used as the building block to racism and segregstion via the elder daley.

whose model wss used and employed nationwide to limit blacks.

learn some history about even being arrested and segregstion posters.

it used to be and is still virtually illegal to be black in certain areas of this city.

so, kill the bullshyt.

PROJECT PAT : a real nikka don't speak if he don't know.

you don't know,..so why are you posting.

art barr