The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Police: Two men killed in Southeast Side gang-related attack - chicagotribune.com

Two men were shot to death inside a car in the South Deering neighborhood late Thursday night - among five people killed by gunfire between Thursday afternoon and early Friday morning.

The men were at National Pride Car Wash at the southeast corner of Torrence Avenue and 100th Street about 11:10 p.m. when someone opened fire, hitting both multiple times in the body. Each man was also shot once in the head, police said. The attack was likely gang related, according to police and family members at the scene, who acknowledged the dead men both had ties to an area gang.

The men were found inside a small red sedan by responding police. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. Cameras sit atop each of the 11 car wash bays but it's not clear if police were able to get useful video from the business.

Police hung tape around the entire parking lot and later expanded the size of the scene and posted more officers around it after family members tried to get a glimpse of their loved ones by ducking under the tape or running through the back of the car wash.

An officer nearby heard the shots and police set a perimeter on Torrence to prevent anyone from getting into the neighborhood west of Torrence. Train tracks border the crime scene on the east side and an industrial area lies beyond that.

Police arrested one person running from the scene, who tried to flee across Torrence. He was captured after a brief foot pursuit in a back yard west of Torrence Avenue. It’s not yet clear if he’s a suspect or just someone running from a double homicide.

A Chicago Police Department K9 unit searched near the train tracks east of the car wash. The car where the men were shot was also found on the eastern edge of the property. At least a dozen casings were found at the scene.

Family gathered at the scene a couple hours after the attack. One of the men was engaged and recently celebrated his 30th birthday. The other had young children, they said.

Both men affiliated with the same gang and were shot near a border between gang territories though police say the shooting may have stemmed from an internal gang conflict.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I don't even understand the point of being in a gang. U ain't seein no real money, and you will likely end up a victim of violence. Compares to tem dumb nikkas, I'm a Rockefeller.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Damn art, you on that last page typing up war & peace length novels.

beanie,....my nikka!!

WE IS AT WAR.

not we are at war,..

my nikka, we is at war!!

we are the emotional breaking point where the feral savagery of the wrongs done to us.

has broken down, proper grammer.

we are past the point of return. it has been like that as long as the ragen's colts.

it has never been peaceful,...pay attention my dude.

i am a soldier,..i really live like a soldier.

shyt is not a game,...i was hoping you dudes would realize that shyt.

why you think i post and give info. from mad sam to anything else.

pay attention,.....the last generation did not listen.

neither does this one, and you can tell because neither listen to rap.

the are a disco generation on bullshyt,....
talking about fleeting ideals of love that never existed.

while ignoring the past and the content of marvin gaye and groups like war.

while they let themselves be economic sharecroppers who are still slave hands.

with no idea or want to be anything else.
i am a bboy, for real.........we came up with one of the greatest black men in history krs. i hope you listen to him.

art barr

WE IS AT WAR!!

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't even understand the point of being in a gang. U ain't seein no real money, and you will likely end up a victim of violence. Compares to tem dumb nikkas, I'm a Rockefeller.

gang members are impessionable, disenfranchised and poor in a number of key societal areas.

just be glad you never had that as your only outlet, beanie.

you can't blame any of these guys, who are out here.

some do not even have the resources or support groups to consistently attend school.

so they were not able to.

plus all of them have an uneducated parent who preys on them, for a check.

it is a number of societal reasons we are living how we live.

the people in power have purposefully made it the only discourse.

they have purposefully made it like this.

learn just chicago history as far back as it being spelled with an e, and named

eschicago

do rearch and reference my thread on mad sam.

hopefully you can educate someone to stop wearing those stoopid ass glasses.

plus what it symbolizes,......

do your part as a soldier,..beanie.

you have a job,....watch the spook who sat by the door and be that spook,..you are that spook.

i am a defeated spook,.......in the land of a sellout president, who was never a spook but posed as one.

art barr

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Art Barr:

Please do tell the story of how you lost the girlfriend/fiance/love of your life. I never heard this saga before.

You should write a book of your Chi-town life on that "Native Son" tip. Like "If He Hollers" for gen-x?

But do not expect any living woman to try to compete with your deceased woman's memory, AB. It's not worth the effort. :( Life is for the living.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I went to school in Chicago and ended up living there for two more years after I graduated just because I loved the city so fukking much... Its such a great city to be young in because you can go to a bar on a thursday afternoon downtown and it'll be packed with people... Im glad I left though. Just heard one of my friends was shot while walking home a few weeks ago... Its crazy to think, Amongst all the beauty this city has to offer, they have hella sociopaths under the age of 18 walking around ready to lick shots on the first person who looks at them wrong... I have some :merchant: moments when I first moved there... I remember when I barely escaped like a 10+ on 10+ wild wild west style shootout... shyt was fukking ridiculous... I thought I was in a movie...

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I've never been to Chicago. I had a flight going through Chicago and I thought our layover was going to be in O'Hare. I was looking forward to seeing the huge airport from my window and hanging out in the terminal. The layover was in Midway Int'l Airport. It was kind of a let-down.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
shyt didn't get as fukkin crazy as it is now until dey torn down dem projects and dispersed mufukkas throughout da city. :wtb:

I was born n raised on da souf side n grew up like a couple blocks away from Morgan Park high school. I stayed on Longwood. Once i left for college i never really "lived" dere since. I aint been back since 2006 but it wasn't NOWHERE NEAR as bad as it seems right now. :wtf::huhldup::scusthov:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I've never been to Chicago. I had a flight going through Chicago and I thought our layover was going to be in O'Hare. I was looking forward to seeing the huge airport from my window and hanging out in the terminal. The layover was in Midway Int'l Airport. It was kind of a let-down.

Actually ohare is near my job and I work way in the burbs. Now technically ohare is in the city, but it's like and unincOrporated island that's away from the city. So u wouldn't see shyt as far as the chi is concerned. Now midway ain't too far from my crib and is on the southwest side. It's not by downtown, but it's closer than ohare and it's basically an airport in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Literally.

But real talk, u can't experience any city just from being in the airport.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
And i HATE when you come across somebody and dey find out you from Chicago:

Person: "Yeah i'm from dere too!" :gladbron:

Me: ":ohhh: Str8 up?, What part you from?"

Person: "Well actually i'm from Wheaton, IL but i go to the city like every weekend."

Me: :sitdown::stopitslime::snoop:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And i HATE when you come across somebody and dey find out you from Chicago:

Person: "Yeah i'm from dere too!" :gladbron:

Me: ":ohhh: Str8 up?, What part you from?"

Person: "Well actually i'm from Wheaton, IL but i go to the city like every weekend."

Me: :sitdown::stopitslime::snoop:

:laff: :clap: Well OG if they said Wheaton or Lisle no one knows where the fukk that is. Same with people from Stamford, CT claiming NYC.