The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I used to work right over there on 102nd Torrence. Used to go to that car wash all the time smh

Sorry to hear that.
I went to school in Chicago and ended up living there for two more years after I graduated just because I loved the city so fukking much... Its such a great city to be young in because you can go to a bar on a thursday afternoon downtown and it'll be packed with people... Im glad I left though. Just heard one of my friends was shot while walking home a few weeks ago... Its crazy to think, Amongst all the beauty this city has to offer, they have hella sociopaths under the age of 18 walking around ready to lick shots on the first person who looks at them wrong... I have some :merchant: moments when I first moved there... I remember when I barely escaped like a 10+ on 10+ wild wild west style shootout... shyt was fukking ridiculous... I thought I was in a movie...
Chicago is its ways is so interesting. It's like they dropped every ethnic group into one spot in the middle of the country. Things change from block to block.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
And i HATE when you come across somebody and dey find out you from Chicago:

Person: "Yeah i'm from dere too!" :gladbron:

Me: ":ohhh: Str8 up?, What part you from?"

Person: "Well actually i'm from Wheaton, IL but i go to the city like every weekend."

Me: :sitdown::stopitslime::snoop:

:laff: :clap: Well OG if they said Wheaton or Lisle no one knows where the fukk that is. Same with people from Stamford, CT claiming NYC.

Wheaton :what:, I hear they :violent: in Wheaton :ooh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art Barr:

Please do tell the story of how you lost the girlfriend/fiance/love of your life. I never heard this saga before.

You should write a book of your Chi-town life on that "Native Son" tip. Like "If He Hollers" for gen-x?

But do not expect any living woman to try to compete with your deceased woman's memory, AB. It's not worth the effort. :( Life is for the living.

she was killed in a car crash.

in my senior year of high school.

at this moment i really don't feel like going indepth about that in much detail right now.

art barr

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Well brehs, after reading through this thread and Art Barr and Harris dropping bombs on Chicago women, I will not be taking my talent to the Windy City when I graduate from law school.

You really goin offa what Art Barr and Harris, random message board nikkas, say breh? You prolly were never serious in da first place if you're dat easily swayed by 2 cats on da innanet homie. :heh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well brehs, after reading through this thread and Art Barr and Harris dropping bombs on Chicago women, I will not be taking my talent to the Windy City when I graduate from law school.

personally,..if you wanted a city with the looks landscape wise of the chi.

with the no alley aesthethic of ny mixed in.

with no aggression in the population like an american city...

plus better looking women with their actual culture.

where you can rely on another black man to help you.

or anyone who is receptive to a good natured person in general.

i say go to toronto.

toronto > chicago

art barr

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
personally,..if you wanted a city with the looks landscape wise of the chi.

with the no alley aesthethic of ny mixed in.

with no aggression in the population like an american city...

plus better looking women with their actual culture.

where you can rely on another black man to help you.

or anyone who is receptive to a good natured person in general.

i say go to toronto.

toronto > chicago

art barr
You need to get past this race sh!t, Art.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
I Hope it dont rain today :sadbron:

any who

tumblr_m6yk7muI7i1r6sfn3o1_r2_500.gif

Going to Portillos later on today....Italian beef on a crescent and chilli cheese fries here I come :noah:

Last edited by a moderator:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You really goin offa what Art Barr and Harris, random message board nikkas, say breh? You prolly were never serious in da first place if you're dat easily swayed by 2 cats on da innanet homie. :heh:

I was joking breh, but I remembered that asked awhile ago and never responded back. I was always NYC, Boston or DC bound.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You need to get past this race sh!t, Art.

you are a transplant in the most segregated city in the world.

michigan has incredible submissions of white cats in the culture of hiphop.

of which i have a large number of friends.

i know from experience. i do not wish on anyone to be actualized.
what is good wih chicago and its segregated landscape.

you come from grand rapids,...a tame division of michigan.

i beem in gr, flint, troy, hamtramack, tha d, pontiac, saginaw,....
as a real urban fixture in a number of capacities.

michigan is not filled with racial prejuidice like tha chi.

i am the city heir of this city,..i know my city, joe.

art barr

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin

U cant go by what an old white man posing as a black militant on a message board have to say about Chicago women....Chicago is a huge city....entirely too many women in this city to judge them as a whole.

Cus a lot of these men out here either look like Twista or one of them do or die nikkas :scusthov: them damn selves.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
you are a transplant in the most segregated city in the world.

michigan has incredible submissions of white cats in the culture of hiphop.

of which i have a large number of friends.

i know from experience. i do not wish on anyone to be actualized.
what is good wih chicago and its segregated landscape.

you come from grand rapids,...a tame division of michigan.

i beem in gr, flint, troy, hamtramack, tha d, pontiac, saginaw,....
as a real urban fixture in a number of capacities.

michigan is not filled with racial prejuidice like tha chi.

i am the city heir of this city,..i know my city, joe.

art barr
Now you're being silly.

Michigan is the home of the Michigan Militia. I grew up north of GR not too far from where Terry Nichols and Timmothy McVeigh were rolling around in the weeds training for helter-skelter.

Detroit is the home of "White Flight."

Mid-michigan is full of uneducated trashers that fly the stars and bars. I've only seen one Confederate flag since I've been in this city. ONLY ONE!

That isn't to say that Chicago isn't racist... but dude, you're a grown ass man. You need to realize that you're limiting your potential when you only associate with the brokeass black folks that you grew up around.

Black people in this city think it's acceptable to stand on the street and harass people for money. I've seen them bring their kids out there to help them pan-handle. Do you really think that minset is productive? Is only limiting yourself to that good for you?

I guess what I'm saying is that racism exists. It's a social dynamic present anywhere you go in this country. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you can maintain a job and become a productive member of society.