The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Merry Christmas

Thc4Czl.jpg

Now if these mufukking bad ass kids start fukking with this shyt, I swear to god.....
How far you from round 76n Seeley. Feel like I done rode by yo crib before:patrice:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So apparently DJ Tim buk 2 is dead....

:wtf:

The fourth greatest hip hop DJ in Chicago history and the protege to tone is gone.

I am really hurt by the news and I wish more people talked about it in this thread.
Except it speaks volumes about Chicago not being a great party scene.
since, the era when Tim was tone's protege.

RIP = TIMBUK2 : ONE OF CHICAGO'S GREATEST DJ'S.
FOURTH ALL TIME IN CHICAGO HIPHOP HISTORY

tater

Superstar
Daps
I always wondered how far south they would go to gentrify. I figured, wherever it was, it had to have some sort of valuable resource or rich history. Pullman makes sense as a target.

If we could invest our money in this neighborhood while the property is cheap...:mjcry:

I wouldn't think they would come so far south. They're building that whole foods in englewood too...

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
just left y'all city a couple weeks back,,,imma be there end of january too

i honestly wanna move there, they doing alot to detroit but this shyt gone take 10-15 years to pop

plus im getting burned out by my job real talk

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fourth greatest hip hop DJ in Chicago history and the protege to tone is gone.

I am really hurt by the news and I wish more people talked about it in this thread.
Except it speaks volumes about Chicago not being a great party scene.
since, the era when Tim was tone's protege.

RIP = TIMBUK2 : ONE OF CHICAGO'S GREATEST DJ'S.
FOURTH ALL TIME IN CHICAGO HIPHOP HISTORY
No words really needed. You said exactly how I felt. I remember growing up listening to him on the radio in middle/high school
:salute: :rip:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No words really needed. You said exactly how I felt. I remember growing up listening to him on the radio in middle/high school
:salute: :rip:

I was there and this kid was playing for adults as twilite tone's protege.
He was amazing and I feel a certain type of way.
All, because when he was getting taken under the wing.
I was well on my way as a protege as well.
Kid was the only new DJ after the old guard of tone, 33, and Jesse rocked.
Personally he was the only good new DJ in the whole city, imo.

Art Barr

Art Barr

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Im in Dolton... Can I get in.on this shyt??? Born at Cook County...... Went to Pope in the early 90's...... Still slide out West for my Pops when I need to..... Got fam out south on my grandma side and west side nikkas on my dad's side..... Chicago and these south burbs :wow:... I wanna leave but I cant :wow::feedme::sadcam::jawalrus::beli::patrice::what::skip:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I checked DNAINFO and according to their homocide tracker, no one in the area where I just moved has been shot/killed in over 5 years :blessed:

bout fukking time. and yes I'm on the south side still! :yes:

my fukking neighbors are all old

I can send the kids outside with reckless abandon in the front yard for a change :blessed:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Hispanics is the only people really losin their neighborhood

Gentrification Watch : Curbed Chicago

Will These New Developments Gentrify Black Neighborhoods?

Will These New Developments Gentrify Black Neighborhoods?

A yr old article..

The development on the LowEnd is the only gentrification Black People should take serious in Chicago.
Its not surrounded by Black Folks like EngleWood...Minutes away from Downtown, Chinatown, The Loop & The Lake

man, if you're white, and considering buying a crib, you should seriously consider the south side. we have just as great of access to downtown, but less traffic, and the cost of housing is significantly less. bronzeville/grand boulevard, oakland all have close proximity to downtown. but those areas are food deserts.

areas like englewood are close as well, and they are getting that whole foods as well. plus they have aldi and multiple food 4 less's and walmart.

you can live like a :king: out south for significantly cheaper. I keep tellin ya'll how I moved recently. stayed south like before, but my new house has EVERY bell and whistle of a north side crib that would hit you for over 500K for waaaaaayyyyy less.

I got 3500 sq ft including the basement, tray ceilings, 2 car garage, 5 br, and 3 full bath. on top of that, I am right off 87th street so it's only 2 blocks for me to walk to the train. and I'm right by walmart and target.