The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I checked out Chiraq last night. Movie wasn't bad at all. I think there are two main reasons people didn't like it.
1) The crowd looking for a doc type film 26 & up.
2)The youngins 23 & under looking for a paid in full/city of God bang bang gritty film

Don't click spoilers if you haven't seen the movie. Altho I didn't give away too much about the movie

Nick cannon role seemed more symbolic than anything. Hence how it ended with his character. Film had some very enlightening scenes. One would be Angela Bassett scene with Chiraq girlfriend. Her talking about how we call it Chiraq but how the American government actually tries to better the Iraqi community.

Seeing clay Davis, Dave Chappell were both pleasures. Snoop from the wire talking bout no p*ssy no peace was:mjlol::scust:

Overall a good movie with a lot of indirect meanings. Would I go pay for it again? more than likely no. It's still a shame spike tried a money grab rather than letting his work speak for itself

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:wtf:

I swear white Chicago folks be having a layer of blubber or something, stay being in the cold ass weather working out all naked and shyt.

man, I'm black and I regularly exercise in the winter as well. I am an avid runner and I can do runs in temps as low as about 15 degrees. anything colder, and I gotta tap out tho.

btw, look at this shyt :russ:
Q7jRhOG.gif

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man, I'm black and I regularly exercise in the winter as well. I am an avid runner and I can do runs in temps as low as about 15 degrees. anything colder, and I gotta tap out tho.

btw, look at this shyt :russ:
Q7jRhOG.gif
Breh why I was just bout to post this :russ:

Which one of y'all is this?:martin:

Edit:

Use this one

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin

:patrice:Gentrifying Black neighborhoods in chicago is harder than they think..Them hipster cacs takin over Pilsen, Humboldt Park, & Logan Square becuz they ain't afraid of them hispanics :pachaha:But nikkas is a different story..

Last edited:

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:patrice:Gentrifying Black neighborhoods in chicago is harder than they think..Them hipster cacs takin over Pilsen, Humboldt Park, & Logan Square becuz they ain't afraid of them hispanics :pachaha:But nikkas is a different story..

I always wondered how far south they would go to gentrify. I figured, wherever it was, it had to have some sort of valuable resource or rich history. Pullman makes sense as a target.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I always wondered how far south they would go to gentrify. I figured, wherever it was, it had to have some sort of valuable resource or rich history. Pullman makes sense as a target.
The Mexicans probably won't even put up much a fight either over there. Damn shame cause there's some serious value over there, but black folks don't be understanding the gold they have until someone takes shyt away.