The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
you're not even from here, so you don't know most of the neighborhoods. yeah there are places where there's a lot of black fukkery going on, but there are probably more places where black people are working class and there isn't any trouble at all.

if you're generalizing that all black neighborhoods in the city are as you described, that's flat out :duck:

Yeah im just reading that post like:what:.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
you're not even from here, so you don't know most of the neighborhoods. yeah there are places where there's a lot of black fukkery going on, but there are probably more places where black people are working class and there isn't any trouble at all.

if you're generalizing that all black neighborhoods in the city are as you described, that's flat out :duck:

Dat p*ssy nikka don't even go past the south loop

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
that's not true. there are black professionals all throughout the city:

hyde park
kenwood
chatham
woodlawn
galewood
bronzeville
douglas
beverly
pullman
morgan park

and I'm just naming some of the neighborhoods :camby:
Thank you!! My grandma & grandpa stayed in the Beverly area. Went to church in the Morgan Park neighborhood, of which is of the same name.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Thank you!! My grandma & grandpa stayed in the Beverly area. Went to church in the Morgan Park neighborhood, of which is of the same name.

yeah, we considered moving to beverly and morgan park. I didn't wanna live in morgan park because I don't wanna be all the way out in the 100's. and the house we liked in beverly was too expensive and we couldn't get it at the price we wanted.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
25 New Illinois Laws in 2016 That May Change Your Life

25 New Illinois Laws in 2016 That May Change Your Life | Patch

LAW ENFORCEMENT

Body Cameras, Chokeholds, Fired Officers and Reform
New law establishes rules and regulations for the use of officer-worn body cameras and implements a package of police reforms.

• Body-camera regulations: Does not require police departments to use body cameras. If they choose to do so, officers must keep their cameras on when conducting law enforcement activities. Officers would be allowed to turn the camera off when talking to a confidential informant, or at the request of a victim or witness. Requires officers to let people know they are recording if they enter a home. Videos will be kept for 90 days, unless flagged for specific reasons. Allows for grants via a $5 fee increase for each $40 on criminal and traffic offenses, to go toward cameras and new training.
  • Police reforms: Prohibits police from using chokeholds, except when deadly force is justified; requires an independent review of officer-involved deaths, and makes investigation reports part of the public record if an officer involved in a death is not charged with a crime; expands police officer training to include topics like use of force; creates a database of officers who have been fired or resigned due to misconduct.
Fake 9-1-1 Calls
Making a phony 9-1-1 call could cost you. If one does so without reasonable grounds for making the call or transmission and further knows the call or transmission could result in the emergency response of any public safety agency, the caller could be forced to pay up. Reimbursement will be capped at $10,000.

:martin:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If you ain't got to do serious driving today, don't. Slippery as fukk out on the expressway, two cars spinned out and a truck hit a rail. It's dangerous, so you know dumb mufukkas won't be cautious and get people killed.

:stopitslime:

Man the weather is BRUTAL today. I had to take my kid to the orthodontist and next to piano lessons. Then I'm in for the rest of the day.