The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It still pisses me the fukk off that they made that empty spot on 87th and dan ryan a fukking beauty salon owned by chinese mufukkas. And watch our dumb asses support this shyt.

That Best Buy was convenient and a nice luxury to have in our community, and now we lose that for more bullshyt. Empty space on the south side of Chicago? Let's make it some bullshyt arab chicken and fish complete with mini mall or some other bullshyt we don't need. But you gotta break a damn leg just to get a Mariano's or relevant mall with useful shyt. You'd think nikkas would learn after the booming success on 111th with Walmart.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
It still pisses me the fukk off that they made that empty spot on 87th and dan ryan a fukking beauty salon owned by chinese mufukkas. And watch our dumb asses support this shyt.

That Best Buy was convenient and a nice luxury to have in our community, and now we lose that for more bullshyt. Empty space on the south side of Chicago? Let's make it some bullshyt arab chicken and fish complete with mini mall or some other bullshyt we don't need. But you gotta break a damn leg just to get a Mariano's or relevant mall with useful shyt. You'd think nikkas would learn after the booming success on 111th with Walmart.
Over the years I've learned that the Black men in Chicago are some of the countries most pathetic and ass-backwards.

You would think y'all would have come together, pool your resources and get what y'all communities need for survival by now, but nah.

Grown ass Black men are sitting around b!tching about other people coming thru, and setting up shop on your ass.

"Another Arab chicken and fish spot…"

Well, that's what you people want for yourselves, I guess. Keep b!tching tho. I'm sure that will help.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
man, if you're white, and considering buying a crib, you should seriously consider the south side. we have just as great of access to downtown, but less traffic, and the cost of housing is significantly less. bronzeville/grand boulevard, oakland all have close proximity to downtown. but those areas are food deserts.

areas like englewood are close as well, and they are getting that whole foods as well. plus they have aldi and multiple food 4 less's and walmart.

you can live like a :king: out south for significantly cheaper. I keep tellin ya'll how I moved recently. stayed south like before, but my new house has EVERY bell and whistle of a north side crib that would hit you for over 500K for waaaaaayyyyy less.

I got 3500 sq ft including the basement, tray ceilings, 2 car garage, 5 br, and 3 full bath. on top of that, I am right off 87th street so it's only 2 blocks for me to walk to the train. and I'm right by walmart and target.
Oh, they've been plotting the takeover for some time now. You really thought that WholeFoods was for y'all?

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
that stop along with 35th street is where the red line goes from black and white folks to all black :mjpls:
That's the Roosevelt stop, breh.

But yeah, SLoop is great. It's refreshing to be around well to do Black people. I lived across from a school and I would watch dignified Black men and women dropping off and picking up their kids.

Such a good feeling.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

:salute:

man, I was soooo mad when they closed that best buy. only good thing I can say is that at least there is now a super wal mart on 83rd street in close proximity to where that best buy was. so now we got a bigger store with more stuff in the same area to take its place.

they should have closed one of the best buy's in lincoln park first. there's no reason for there to be two in that area as they have one on clark and another one on sheffield. actually, the one on clark is being turned into a target this summer, but still.

I would like to see a mariano's come south (not oak lawn or in mckinley park) but out south for real.

as for the walmart on 111th. that shyt was a necessity. there were literally ZERO grocery stores serving roseland and pullman unless u went to 95th and stoney for jewel.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That's the Roosevelt stop, breh.

But yeah, SLoop is great. It's refreshing to be around well to do Black people. I lived across from a school and I would watch dignified Black men and women dropping off and picking up their kids.

Such a good feeling.

south loop was not somewhere I wanted to live. too expensive for what you get in that area. plus, I was only interested in single family homes.

I cannot afford 700K plus just to have a townhouse in that area.

also, I HATE areas where there isn't plentiful free parking for your guest. that shyt is wack. friends and family gotta jump thru all sorts of hoops just to be able to come visit you. friends might be able to take public transportation, but older relatives aren't. and kids cannot be outside when you're in the south loop.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Over the years I've learned that the Black men in Chicago are some of the countries most pathetic and ass-backwards.

You would think y'all would have come together, pool your resources and get what y'all communities need for survival by now, but nah.

Grown ass Black men are sitting around b!tching about other people coming thru, and setting up shop on your ass.

"Another Arab chicken and fish spot…"

Well, that's what you people want for yourselves, I guess. Keep b!tching tho. I'm sure that will help.

what are you talking about? I express my disatisfaction with that type of business by refusing to spend my dollars there :manny:

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
south loop was not somewhere I wanted to live. too expensive for what you get in that area. plus, I was only interested in single family homes.

I cannot afford 700K plus just to have a townhouse in that area.

also, I HATE areas where there isn't plentiful free parking for your guest. that shyt is wack. friends and family gotta jump thru all sorts of hoops just to be able to come visit you. friends might be able to take public transportation, but older relatives aren't. and kids cannot be outside when you're in the south loop.
It's kinda "out of the way," yes. Parking is limited, yes.

But it's soooo damn cool living there. So much music and culture. Such a chill vibe. All the white people are inside by 11PM. And it's one of the few neighborhoods where you'll find a concentration of Black professionals.

It's very rare to see Black people living well in Chicago.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's kinda "out of the way," yes. Parking is limited, yes.

But it's soooo damn cool living there. So much music and culture. Such a chill vibe. All the white people are inside by 11PM. And it's one of the few neighborhoods where you'll find a concentration of Black professionals.

It's very rare to see Black people living well in Chicago.

that's not true. there are black professionals all throughout the city:

hyde park
kenwood
chatham
woodlawn
galewood
bronzeville
douglas
beverly
pullman
morgan park

and I'm just naming some of the neighborhoods :camby:

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
what are you talking about? I express my disatisfaction with that type of business by refusing to spend my dollars there :manny:
The Black community in this city is SUFFERING and it's pathetic.

It's shameful to be able to drive all around the city and see other groups prospering. They got their own businesses. Their own business centers. Their own chambers of commerce. You can see in tact families going to the park on the weekend. And there's a sense of "forward" and "winning."

It's not like that with us. Go to our neighborhoods and it's a bunch of shuttered buildings and closed businesses. The businessss that are open are all run the fvck down. The people are treated like sh!t in them. They have that dehumanizing bullet proof glass covering everything. It's like being in visitation.

The neighborhoods are depressing AF. People walking around aimlessly. Grown ass men and women getting into loud hostile arguments with one another. Open air drug dealing. Smh.

It's totally dysfunctional.

It's so disheartening to see.

I can't stand it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The Black community in this city is SUFFERING and it's pathetic.

It's shameful to be able to drive all around the city and see other groups prospering. They got their own businesses. Their own business centers. Their own chambers of commerce. You can see in tact families going to the park on the weekend. And there's a sense of "forward" and "winning."

It's not like that with us. Go to our neighborhoods and it's a bunch of shuttered buildings and closed businesses. The businessss that are open are all run the fvck down. The people are treated like sh!t in them. They have that dehumanizing bullet proof glass covering everything. It's like being in visitation.

The neighborhoods are depressing AF. People walking around aimlessly. Grown ass men and women getting into loud hostile arguments with one another. Open air drug dealing. Smh.

It's totally dysfunctional.

It's so disheartening to see.

I can't stand it.

you're not even from here, so you don't know most of the neighborhoods. yeah there are places where there's a lot of black fukkery going on, but there are probably more places where black people are working class and there isn't any trouble at all.

if you're generalizing that all black neighborhoods in the city are as you described, that's flat out :duck: