The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Post 2 of 2:

Home burglaries reported in Lincoln Park, Lake View

North siders think it's possible to isolate themselves from the poverty on the South and West side, looks like the proletariat feel differently :francis:

hell, if I'm gonna rob a home, I'd hit up lincoln park as well. them yuppies got more stuff most likely, and they're also more likely to be gone during the day at work. why victimize the hood where it's more likely to be more people around in the day time and you end up with worse shyt??

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
When your step pops got you in this suspect ass alley on 57th and Morgan to pick up this water heater for the cheap from some hustling ass nikka. Got you all out here like

:lupe:

Reminds me of when me and my brother would do weekend work as kids for my Uncle Frank and he'd have us and our cousin Kenny watching the pick up as he'd try to barter like we're in Skyrim. Old black men who work with their hands know about them come ups.

:heh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yo!!! Spike Lee was just on Wgci about an hour ago going off about Chi-raw &Chicago's mixed reactions for it!!! Like breh, calm the fukk down.

that movie doesn't interest me. the premise sounds stupid, and from the previews it looks like a musical. plus it seems a lot of the actors are playing into black stereotypes.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
that movie doesn't interest me. the premise sounds stupid, and from the previews it looks like a musical. plus it seems a lot of the actors are playing into black stereotypes.
I like musicals & I feel on the sense on it too, but I'm willing to give it a chance. When I first saw the trailer, I wasn't fully won over until I saw Jennifer Hudson (Spike's go to girl when defending the movie) since she is personally affected by Chicago violence, she wouldn't have done it if it weren't done right.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Ain't nobody in the movie from chicago besides 4 people, which are already established actors:martin:
They got bloods & crips in the movie :wtb:rockin bandannas n shyt...Bangin over colors n shyt..

straight up money grab by spike....

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo!!! Spike Lee was just on Wgci about an hour ago going off about Chi-raw &Chicago's mixed reactions for it!!! Like breh, calm the fukk down.

Ima check it next week after the initial rush dies down. You know shyt bout to be packed & it ain't gonna be real cold. That's a mix for:demonic:

Last edited: