The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
yup, it opens up tonight.

they have MANDATORY valet parking and that cost like $30. I also heard that they charge for cups and ice since it's BYOB.

:laff: they STILL don't have a liquor license? Welp, Arnie's &Skyboxx is gone be empty tonight. The the eway bout to PACK with thirsty dudes. I heard they used to have amature competetions before they got shut down.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Wonder if they let me film the scenery?

I live literally rite down the street too...

The Factory useta be the spot tho, whole lot of haters, jackboyz & overall grimy ass nikkas:wow:

I Remember when jane doe got robbed:mjlol:a yung lanipop:takedat:

Basically all the old factory hos went to kods..

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
And I guess KOD did get the :camby:I don't hear about it no more. Not even on the radio, lol.
Wonder if they let me film the scenery?

I live literally rite down the street too...

The Factory useta be the spot tho, whole lot of haters, jackboyz & overall grimy ass nikkas:wow:

I Remember when jane doe got robbed:mjlol:a yung lanipop:takedat:

Basically all the old factory hos went to kods..

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Nope :to: where was it at? How much were tickets? I kno he killed it.
It was at Thalia Hall in Pilsen. Tickets went on sale last Saturday, and he had two shows per day from Tuesday until today. Tix cost like $70.

Long ass line. Doors opened at 5:30 and we got there around 5:45. There weren't even enough seats available, so we ended up standing right behind the camera. Was still fairly close to the stage tho.

First comedian was funny. Second one was aight. Dave killed it tho. I'm mad I saw one of his jokes on YouTube already, but it was still funny because he told it differently...and better!

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight, so who bit the bullet and saw the movie?

Mixed reactions I'm seeing on my FB feed.
Saw it today with a mostly older 40+ crowd. The audience seemed to like it. Here's what i said in the film thread

Overall, I was entertained. I get people's gripes with the title, and it lacking authenticity, but i think it's still an entertaining movie. The humor was done well IMO.

Teyonah Parris :noah:. Hell, They could've titled it that lol

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Saw it today with a mostly older 40+ crowd. The audience seemed to like it. Here's what i said in the film thread
Mike love on his Facebook page said basically the mindset going in may determine how you will feel about the movie. Then I asked about Nick Cannon& how I was :scust: over his tough guy role; he told me its kinda the movie. He Tyonna's boyfriend that's she's holding out sex from (you can tell after watching the trailer enough) so I guess he's unavoidable.

That said, was he a believable goon?

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike love on his Facebook page said basically the mindset going in may determine how you will feel about the movie. Then I asked about Nick Cannon& how I was :scust: over his tough guy role; he told me its kinda the movie. He Tyonna's boyfriend that's she's holding out sex from (you can tell after watching the trailer enough) so I guess he's unavoidable.

That said, was he a believable goon?

Not really lol. I guess I viewed it with a different set critical eyes since it's a satire.