The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Olivia Pope

Banned
Daps
Reppin
City of Peace of Mind
Chicago in general has its bad parts if you live in the city. No ways around it. My bias is only because most of my friends are from the South Suburbs (Orland, Matteson,C.Heights) and they once lived in the city. They told me never to go on the Westside and when I took a wrong turn by UIC they made me a believer.

I hate the south burbs. I dislike the south side as a whole :birdman:

:wtf: It was just a question,why are you getting smart for?

stupid questions deserve smart answers :manny:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Actually the west side look a whole lot better than most parts out south. 5 years ago you probably would have been correct but now? Not so much. Plenty of new townhouses, condos, etc being built out here. Remember Rockwell projects? No more. Nothing but townhomes and condos in that entire area. White people along with other races are moving back out west. We just moved into a condo around jackson and western. Really decent area.

Harolds :scusthov: Uncle Remus and the sauce :noah: godly.

Yea I know I went to school over by the medical district and they cleaned up the whole area by the united center. But places like L town and K town still looks imo way worse then any area south. Gentrification is crazy. They knocked down all the jects out south except for those ones by Ford City and Altegled Gardens(which is basically swamp land so there's no value in developing that land). Its amazing to go on the low end and see nothing but whites, asians, and middle easterners

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
our new jewish mayor don't give 2 fukks about black people..he focused on that budget..ya'll see how he actually closed down some police departments,lol..he tighting up around here with no remorse, and as long as the violence stay where it normally stays..he could careless,str8 up

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yup

Damn breh Crestwood? :snoop:

yup. thats why I dont buy into that "this side is all bad, or this side is all good nonsense". when I stayed off 83rd and cottage, I had no problem in almost 5 years I was over there. hell I was walking my dogs regularly at midnight and what not out there.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
lol @ comparing Uptown to Englewood just becuase crime can happen in both.....Niccas comparing VARIOUS MURDER ONES within HOURS to 1 killing + 2-3 strong armed robberies every 4 months. :rolleyes: & :laff:

We can make better arguments than this, cant we?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
our new jewish mayor don't give 2 fukks about black people..he focused on that budget..ya'll see how he actually closed down some police departments,lol..he tighting up around here with no remorse, and as long as the violence stay where it normally stays..he could careless,str8 up

and what makes this different than any other politician?

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Yea I know I went to school over by the medical district and they cleaned up the whole area by the united center. But places like L town and K town still looks imo way worse then any area south. Gentrification is crazy. They knocked down all the jects out south except for those ones by Ford City and Altegled Gardens(which is basically swamp land so there's no value in developing that land). Its amazing to go on the low end and see nothing but whites, asians, and middle easterners

yeah they cleaned it up from 26th on down to pershing rd..but after that its :noah:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
People acting like the Southside is a warzone, I seen prostitutes strolling in the afternoon in mink coats on the Westside in the summer...
I know you're trying to boost Chi-town's coli image...

but ........ *snickering*

This argument doesn't make the city seem any more righteous than does the rest of the thread, bro.

What next? "I saw a pimp with goldfish in the aquarium heels of his platform shoes. His women service 75% of the east side johns, & he aint been robbed YET. True story!"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
lol @ comparing Uptown to Englewood just becuase crime can happen in both.....Niccas comparing VARIOUS MURDER ONES within HOURS to 1 killing + 2-3 strong armed robberies every 4 months. :rolleyes: & :laff:

We can make better arguments than this, cant we?

:comeon: I don't understand what you dont get. Murders where the victims are mainly gang members vs random crimes were more then likely you are the victim. Think about it. Unless you are in a place you know you shouldn't be, you are more then likely to be robbed by a skitzo nut job in uptown then shot in Englewood. Just saying :yeshrug: And I know plently of cacs who move to neighborhoods like Kenwood and are surprised at how safer it is then supposed good neighborhoods like Edgewater and Rogers Park.