The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Is Englewood trying to be on that :mjpls:

:leon: Wouldnt surprise me if they tried to push black folk outta there

me and my boy were having this convo just last week. he was talking about the increased police presence combined with the fact that they fixed up the red line stops on 63rd street, and they're re-doing the bridge on 63rd over the dan ryan as we speak which will allow greater access to the new whole foods, starbucks and other stuff being built on 63rd and halsted.

and they recently put divvy bikes in englewood also for ride sharing.

then think about this. the north side of englewood is garfield blvd, which is a direct route between the expressway and midway airport. and englewood has close proximity to I55 and the dan ryan and skyway. so you are easily able to get to the far south side and suburbs, indiana, west suburbs and downtown chicago. and on top of that, public transportation wise, it has both red and green line access for the EL buses everywhere that run like 5 minutes apart.

when you think about all the geographical advantages the area has, along with the affordable housing and land, it's only a matter of time before the area is regentrified. that's just my thoughts.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Welp I did it. Had the Bacon Cheeseburger and a bite of the bacon dog from Five guys.

break-dancing-in-church-o.gif

And those cajun fries...
:ohlawd:

Ole punk ass meter maid gonna start trippin cause I was 2 mins past the parking time limit, look at that nikka like :birdman: "I'm right here, back yo ass up playboi". Definitely gonna make sure to come by every once and a while. My lil bro acting like a Culver's fanboy "they aight but they ain't fukking with Culver's butter burger". :what:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The options yall got up in the city though:ohlawd:

The GOAT city for food:wow:

one of the things I hate about the sticks is everything closes early as shyt.

when I lived in peoria, they only had ONE fast food restaurant in the entire city that stayed open past like 10pm. shyt was ridiculous. how do you only have one joint to go to when you're drunk as fukk and hungry????

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
one of the things I hate about the sticks is everything closes early as shyt.

when I lived in peoria, they only had ONE fast food restaurant in the entire city that stayed open past like 10pm. shyt was ridiculous. how do you only have one joint to go to when you're drunk as fukk and hungry????
:russ:Damn. You lived in a place where after a certain point, all the lights were out. Dead streets and all. That shyt sucks.:francis:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
its about to be hot :fire: as hell this weekend. havent' barely used AC this summer which is saving me plenty of money, but it will have to be on for the next 4 days or so :mjcry:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
White folks gon' force nikkaz on the south side, further south. nikkaz gon be near altgeld gardens n shyt:mjlol:

altgeld gardens is literally on a dump. they'd love to put all the nikkas out there, riverdale and in dolton and what not. trains don't go that far south, and the bus service is :trash: once u get out there.

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
altgeld gardens is literally on a dump. they'd love to put all the nikkas out there, riverdale and in dolton and what not. trains don't go that far south, and the bus service is :trash: once u get out there.
Yeah man, that shyt is fukked up to me. They do that shyt, Harvey, Robbins, Markham, etc gon be extra turnt.

White folks want them city limits back:mjpls:

nikkaz wont be able to afford to live in the city. I really hate gentrification.

It's fukked up what's happening in NYC. I never been there, but I always wanted to visit Harlem. Not now, though. It aint "real" Harlem.

ajkamkel

Chi-Town
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
me and my boy were having this convo just last week. he was talking about the increased police presence combined with the fact that they fixed up the red line stops on 63rd street, and they're re-doing the bridge on 63rd over the dan ryan as we speak which will allow greater access to the new whole foods, starbucks and other stuff being built on 63rd and halsted.

then think about this. the north side of englewood is garfield blvd, which is a direct route between the expressway and midway airport. and englewood has close proximity to I55 and the dan ryan and skyway. so you are easily able to get to the far south side and suburbs, indiana, west suburbs and downtown chicago. and on top of that, public transportation wise, it has both red and green line access for the EL buses everywhere that run like 5 minutes apart.

when you think about all the geographical advantages the area has, along with the affordable housing and land, it's only a matter of time before the area is regentrified. that's just my thoughts.
my job did all those projects, just believe the city have a plan and :mjpls: is on its way

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago

:ohhh: I never realized how convenient it would be to live in Englewood. Thats PERFECT location for gentrification. :wow:

White folks gon' force nikkaz on the south side, further south. nikkaz gon be near altgeld gardens n shyt:mjlol:

its crazy cause most of those people they pushing out probably have NO idea whats going on. they think that whole foods and starbucks in "englewood Square" is there for them :mjlol:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Is Englewood trying to be on that :mjpls:

:leon: Wouldnt surprise me if they tried to push black folk outta there

My girl and me have talked about this since they announced the Whole Foods. 4 blocks from the police station, a mile from the expressway and red line and a block from the green line.

Exactly. Apartments are going for 50k and assuming one puts another 50-100k into it and sells when the gentrification hits, the return on investment is huge.

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:ohhh: I never realized how convenient it would be to live in Englewood. Thats PERFECT location for gentrification. :wow:

its crazy cause most of those people they pushing out probably have NO idea whats going on. they think that whole foods and starbucks in "englewood Square" is there for them :mjlol:
:mjlol:

"We gettin a whole foods":gladbron:

White ppl: "yes. Oh yes you are":mjpls:

They know damn well many of those residents aint about to pay those prices.

I never thought about this until you brought it up.

The majority of Englewood is an Aldi type consumer in terms of prices.