The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yo so what we thinking about Toni preckwinkle raising the county sales tax? My wife works in Tinley park, so it's nothing for her to take her business over to will county.

I think that shyt is gonna drive a lot of business out of the county and jobs with it. The sales tax is already high as shyt at 9.25% currently.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Yo so what we thinking about Toni preckwinkle raising the county sales tax? My wife works in Tinley park, so it's nothing for her to take her business over to will county.

I think that shyt is gonna drive a lot of business out of the county and jobs with it. The sales tax is already high as shyt at 9.25% currently.

I tried to dap that fat cow up coming out of the Daley center once and she snubbed me. :pacspit:

As for the tax, i don't care, tax us to death, it has to happen.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Heads Up!

Looking for a 3rd Roommate IMMEDIATELY!

Anyone looking to live in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood?

Rent+Utilities usually comes to about $600/month.

In unit W/D

Central AC

Free Street Parking

Two other roommates. Both creatives with day jobs. One is a stand up comedian, the other is a bass player.

Located above a bar. So there's entertainment every night of the week.

Located near the Blue line, multiple bus stops, and the I-94.

Move in ASAP!

Inbox me!

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heads Up!

Looking for a 3rd Roommate IMMEDIATELY!

Anyone looking to live in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood?

Rent+Utilities usually comes to about $600/month.

In unit W/D

Central AC

Free Street Parking

Two other roommates. Both creatives with day jobs. One is a stand up comedian, the other is a bass player.

Located above a bar. So there's entertainment every night of the week.

Located near the Blue line, multiple bus stops, and the I-94.

Move in ASAP!

Inbox me!
Got rid of the loft?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I tried to dap that fat cow up coming out of the Daley center once and she snubbed me. :pacspit:

As for the tax, i don't care, tax us to death, it has to happen.

toni preckwinkle used to be on the board (back when she was just an alderman) at my old job when I worked for a group of community health centers. I used to see her up there regularly.

you know she's on the :mjpls:

I have seen her a few times while running thru hyde park cuz she lives out there. one time, she was walking this BIIIIIGGG ass dog over by like 52nd and woodlawn. I also saw her at the fruit market over on 53rd and kimbark. Both times she said hello :yeshrug:

as for taxes, I don't mind paying my fair share, but there needs to be more accountability on all levels of government to insure they aren't squandering my hard earned dollars.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
toni preckwinkle used to be on the board (back when she was just an alderman) at my old job when I worked for a group of community health centers. I used to see her up there regularly.

you know she's on the :mjpls:

I have seen her a few times while running thru hyde park cuz she lives out there. one time, she was walking this BIIIIIGGG ass dog over by like 52nd and woodlawn. I also saw her at the fruit market over on 53rd and kimbark. Both times she said hello :yeshrug:

as for taxes, I don't mind paying my fair share, but there needs to be more accountability on all levels of government to insure they aren't squandering my hard earned dollars.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
So I'm on a mini mission to make a list of my favorite burger spots at the end of the summer...

So far I fukk with
Checkers and Culvers real heavy :ohlawd:

Also, there is a Hardees that's hidden on 47th and Damen, shyt be so good :wow:

I plan on going to Five Guys for the first time real soon, probably the one in Hyde Park, get that bacon burger :shaq:

RIP Fudruckers in River Oaks :mjcry:
That fudruckers was there since forever too :mjcry:

I had five guys for this first time this year :wow:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
when mcdonald's is charging $7-$8 for a meal, why not drop an extra $2 and get five guys which is far superior.
It's ridiculous what mcdonald's charges for their subpar food. I haven't ate anything from them in over a year. Here in Decatur, my favorite burger joint is Culver's :ahh:

We dont have a 5 Guys, so we gotta drive to Champaign if we want it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's ridiculous what mcdonald's charges for their subpar food. I haven't ate anything from them in over a year. Here in Decatur, my favorite burger joint is Culver's :ahh:

We dont have a 5 Guys, so we gotta drive to Champaign if we want it.

I dont even really go to five guys or mcdonald's these days. but if I have the choice, it ain't gonna be mcdonald's with their jacked up pricing.

I got no problem with mcdonald's food if it's priced lower than superior alternatives. but these days, that shyt is high as fukk, so I have ZERO interest in going there.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I dont even really go to five guys or mcdonald's these days. but if I have the choice, it ain't gonna be mcdonald's with their jacked up pricing.

I got no problem with mcdonald's food if it's priced lower than superior alternatives. but these days, that shyt is high as fukk, so I have ZERO interest in going there.
The options yall got up in the city though:ohlawd:

The GOAT city for food:wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
starbucks coming to englewood as well. I'm guessing it will be on the same corner as whole foods on the north west corner of 63rd and halsted.

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/16/931559/

Starbucks coming to Englewood
Posted 9:12 AM, July 16, 2015, by Karly Free, Updated at 09:13am, July 16, 2015

CHICAGO – First Whole Foods…now a Starbucks is opening in the Englewood Neighborhood.

It is part of an effort by Starbucks to help lower unemployment rates among teenagers nationwide.

Plans for the 63rd and Halsted location include a 40-square foot space where teens undergo the same training as new Starbucks employees.

The company is also looking to partner with a neighborhood group to teach young adults valuable communication skills.

Starbucks hopes to hire 100,000 young adults by 2018.

The Englewood location opens next summer.