The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Cant wait :blessed:

City is crowded enough as is.... so much shyt shuts the city down on a regular basis. Panthers games, street festivals, w/e. fukk that

To be honest you need those outdoor events and festivals breh. That shyt makes the city pop. I ain't trying to throw shade but when I was living there that was one of the things I didn't like about CLT. wasn't really a lot to do in terms of festivals, concerts or block parties. In the spring/summer damn near every wknd in the A its some outdoor shyt you can go to. CIAA has just gotten too big and too many ratchet nikkas is coming now. Same thing happened in the A with Freaknick. Now y'all just got start up something else or find a way to keep the racthets out.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
To be honest you need those outdoor events and festivals breh. That shyt makes the city pop. I ain't trying to throw shade but when I was living there that was one of the things I didn't like about CLT. wasn't really a lot to do in terms of festivals, concerts or block parties. In the spring/summer damn near every wknd in the A its some outdoor shyt you can go to. CIAA has just gotten too big and too many ratchet nikkas is coming now. Same thing happened in the A with Freaknick. Now y'all just got start up something else or find a way to keep the racthets out.
Im a homebody so I dont like to do too much anyway. But when the weather is good we find something to do like every weekend. Anywhere nikkas wanna show out is somewhere I don't want to be though.

CLT is still a smallish city. Hasnt got its weight up culturally IMO. Lot of my favorite bands and artists won't perform here :mjcry: But it's getting momentum. Biggie will be if it can build up a big enough black middle class. Hard to do with the A right there

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
CIAA been jumped the shark. That shyt is pretty ratchet now. And it's not the people who come into town for it either, it's mostly the locals and nikkas from cities close by that come thru and act up. I was up there last year and Trade St right outside of the uptown loop looked like a Crown Vic on 24's car show. And a lot of the nikkas with sense who do come don't really spend money. I can't think of the name but I hit up that brunch spot down there by the old settlers cemetery in uptown last year during CIAA and had to wait like an hour plus to get seated. Group of like 6 dudes was waiting behind me and when they got seated next to me at the bar and only 2 of them fools bought a drink. The rest was drinking water or nothing at all, them nikkas didn't even look at the food menu. Like damn breh, buy some chicks some mimosas at least. They was just in there to be seen, not to actually drop a check. And that's what we tend to do a lot at events like this. Service industry folks hate shyt like that. The bartender was even talking shyt about them right in front of them to the one loley white patron who was on the other side of me, opposite from them.
shyt is giant cluster fukk. Yall CLT nikkas one or two more violent incidents from that bytch being shut down altogether.

I miss the days when that shyt was in the Boro. @Bryan Danielson knows what I'm talmbout. :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Responding to some above comments...... I still think we are good from anything shutting this shyt down.

It would have to take one epic "dumb nicca shyt" to happen before cat start thinking it's not worth the money for this to go down.

Charlotte has changed..... A lot! I been down here since 04, so I do feel older cats that used to live here that be on that "Bu Bu bu there's nothing to do there..."

If it's one thing I learned about Charlotte is its always something to do here..... Just a matter of where you live at and what you feel like doing.

Even if it's not something consistent in you zip code then it's like "nicca see what's happening in another spot.

Noda, Midtown, Dilworth, East Charlotte, South Char, Univerisity, HVille, Mathews, and so on and so on. shyt I find something to get in every weekend.... And I have options

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Noda, Midtown, Dilworth, East Charlotte, South Char, Univerisity, HVille, Mathews, and so on and so on. shyt I find something to get in every weekend.... And I have options
Yea I am still turning stones over here.....

Its still a big shock coming from NYC..... but there is a good amount of stuff for me to do here, especially since I've slowed down

Good family town too.... but there is a decent amount of nightlife for damn near any taste

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't fukk with the CIAA. The fellas ain't down here and it's just my chick.

We always take the kids at my school to the CIAA education day at the convention center. That's about it.

Beautiful weather after the storm today. .

Daps
In my experience, whenever people say there is nothing to do in Charlotte, they compare the city to NYC or LA, and OF COURSE we don't have as much stuff as the two largest cities in the country. But Charlotte has over a million people in the metro area so if you can't find something to do, it's your fault.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
In my experience, whenever people say there is nothing to do in Charlotte, they compare the city to NYC or LA, and OF COURSE we don't have as much stuff as the two largest cities in the country. But Charlotte has over a million people in the metro area so if you can't find something to do, it's your fault.

Like I always tell people.... there are 50 states and hundreds of cities per state.

After NYC, LA, Chi, and like 3 or 4 others.... I cant really think of any other city better than Charlotte

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Just got back from the CIAA games tonight. Always good to see the cheerleaders do their thing. Also, some real nice ladies in the crowd.

Gonna be on the rest of the weekend though here in Charlotte.