The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
1. The police here aint that bad, they are mostly white redneck looking dudes tho. I've only seen a few Black cops here which is crazy because Charlotte has a decent sized Black population so that kinda makes me noid a little. But overall I think they wont fukk with you unless you doing some super hot and reckless shyt.

2. Downtown is cool to live, I used to live on N Graham and on game days folks would park on the street in front of my building but I could still go out and run errands on a game day if I needed to. Plus it was fun sitting on my deck talking shyt to all the Panthers fan walking by. Now I live right outside the downtown loop and you can see BoA stadium from my porch and the traffic is still cool. There really is no shady factor in that area. A few things happen here or there but the downtown area is really safe. Charlotte as a whole a whole is pretty safe really.

3. The food spots here are awful, if you on the eating out with wifey demo a few times a week you will be disappointed. You will run thru the good spots here in a matter of weeks. The grocery stores suck too. They just got a Publix in town tho so there is some hope on that tip.

4. It probably depends on what you used to but me personally I found the club/bar/lounge shyt here stale and boring real quick. I see you fukk with Austin so Im guessing you on some all races, tattoo sleeve with a Pabst Beer dive bar or outdoor music festival type shyt and to be honest bruh that scene aint really here. The festivals I went to here last summer were real weak and the club scene here is real segregated. They got a few decent Austin type spots in NoDa and Plaza Midwood but if you go even on a semi regular basis you will end up seeing the same people real quick and overall its boring. Same thing with the upscale Black scene here, they got a few spots but you see the same people and even when they are crowded they are boring. People here dont mingle at all. Folk just post up on the wall and look at each other all night. Then you got a lot of nikkas on dates at clubs here which I still cant understand. This aint the town if you are singe and trying to get your rocks off. It even sucks if you like me and just like to go out with the gf sometimes and people watch.

5. Do you but 4-5 years here is too long for me. The money is good here but I can only give Charlotte 2 maybe 3 years at the most. But I see you in your mid 20's with a kid. As a 31 year old I think there are some better choices for someone your age. I wouldn't advise any Black person to spend their 20's in Charlotte. Stay in Texas or move to ATL or Chicago if you on a budget bro or move to NYC, DC or Cali if you can afford it.

:salute: My G, I appreciate the different view and insight on everything :myman:

Always good to hear as many angles as possible

So it sounds like you from the A then originally? :steviej:

Trust and believe if I was a single man, no child, I would flock with no hesitation

INSTEAD
We coming from upstate SC right now :trash:

(Fuccin transition spot Breh, don't ask me why :why: )

So we right in the middle of CHL and the A currently. We moved from TX last spring

"I see you fukk with Austin so Im guessing you on some all races, tattoo sleeve with a Pabst Beer dive bar or outdoor music festival type shyt"

:deadmanny: :deadmanny: :deadmanny: That description tho

Austin for being in TX is livable Breh but I promise you just outside the city they on that BS too

:mjpls:HEAVY. Ask anybody from The Lone Star State how it be outside the metro areas lol

It's funny ATX gets talked about as some sort of super "liberal" city but it's still a city
in one of the most historically conservative states :beli:

People still get arrested daily for small amounts of weed. Detained, searched, arrested, booked and have to post bond daily, for some weed

When I first touched down in TX it was culture shock coming from Cali and at the time having no travel experience

I was on some all race, sleeved out, do you, city, whatever type shyt before Austin Breh

So I don't get fooled by any large cities in the south I know they all fucced in one way or another

(Not a diss song, just a real song)
and I can't imagine raising my seed out here long term :scust:

But I had to make a move, and I know CHL might not be it but shiiiiiiiiiiiiit Breh

I'm on that paper chase with you too

:mjcry: We've already been here all week locking down the new spot anyways, it's over

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Yeah Cacs here are racist as fukk. The Black people here are on some other shyt but thats a different thread. And I dont know what these nikkas in here saying about people moving here and not leaving, I guess that's just here on the Coli, In real life damn all the people I have met here cant wait to leave. My girl line sister was up here a few years ago and she was having trouble selling her house so she just let it go back to the bank and left because she couldn't take it anymore. I don't regret moving here because I knew what it was about before I came here, but I can't wait to leave. I just got back to CLT the other day after a week in Chicago. My last night there I was bar hopping in Hyde Park around a bunch of beautiful Black people and when I got back into the CLT I went a caught a drink with a cousin who was in town that same night at this spot in NC Music Factory and i was looking around at the folks in there and the overall vibe and just got depressed.

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Daps
:mjpls:

10899573_482919898513624_834901857_n.jpg

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
:salute:

@JamilALAmin @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

For y'all input

We a be out there 3rd week in Feb

Just in time for this fuccin cold to start moving on

Looking forward to summer in the Queen City

Sidenote - was smoking heavily while we were apartment shopping and ran into no issues so I feel like ima be just fine

Lowkey humble brag bout my medi grade killa post

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
People do leave Charlotte bruh. Lots of them. I'm here on the paperchase and I still cant wait to leave. I cant tell how many times I've heard from white and Black people here who are just here for the money and cant wait to leave this city. The nightlife overall is boring, the Black nightlife is horrible-the ratchet shyt is wack and the upscale shyt tries to hard and is kinda country. And to top it off the broads are ugly, they cant dress and it seems like getting their hair done and working out on a regular basis is an afterthought to most of these chicks. Even the hoodrats and the strippers who are from here are trash. Most of the good strippers here from Miami or the A anyway. Corporate nikkas is eating but the local hustle is barely there. You pretty much gotta come here with a plan already mapped out and even then you basically just gotta network with other nikkas who moved here from somewhere else cuz the locals just dont see the vision. The white people here dont respect nikkas even when they in the hood, and if you halfway look like you getting money they stare at you like you're an endangered species when you in a mostly white spot. My girl likes to waste money on that Whole Foods nonsense and every time I go in there with here people just stare us like they shocked that nikkas in there shopping. That shyt really gets on my nerves.

And bruh the food here sucks. How are you a foodie from NYC saying the food here is good? I'm from the A and our scene is popping but it aint got shyt on NYC but the foodie scene in the A makes Charlotte look weak as hell. Charleston and Savannah got a better foodie scene than Charlotte, real shyt. Bruh I respectfully disagree with most of the shyt you said. Stop lying to that nikka from Texas bruh. Most people move here and hate it. They stay for a few years, stack the paper up and then go somewhere else. This shyt so dead the money wouldn't be worth it if I was single. I couldn't imagine being 20-25 on the cat chase in this city, you would hate it
I didnt see this.

I dont get any weird stares. And Im past the fast night life shyt. I could care less about strippers etc. Im turning 32 this year and have been in a relationship/marriage for 8-9 years. Homeboy is married with a family so its a whole different vibe for him which works better. For young people yea I prob wouldnt recommend it if u are looking for action. The chicks here are not that great. Food is obviously not like NYC like I said but it's still good IMO. Most people I know who moved here love it and don't want to leave. Dude should come visit and make his own opinion but in my experience CLT is great.