The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
My lease up in April. I'm a probably move to Gastonia. I heard it's cheaper over there. I thought about moving to Uptown, but the area isnt worth what they're offering.

Out here, a pool and a gym is considered luxury living :russ: the building and appliances can be old as fukk.

North Jersey is still worse in comparison so I cant complain. I don't mind paying top dollar for the right location. Charlotte not there just yet.
I personally can’t fukk with Gastonia. That place is scary to me lol. I like Belmont and that area though. Mountain Island Lake and Mcadenvillle. Not too sure about Mcadenville though, I don’t know how they feel about black folks there.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Get your credit up. Make sure you have wills. Make sure you have illife insurance policies for your loved ones.

Please please please do estate planning.

Don't let your family members sell homes for quick cash after grandma dies.

Think long term value.

Check on those taxes.

Sigh.

this shyt right here :damn:

you don’t know how many FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS I’ve heard of what you’re talking about . Sad af mane :to:

I personally can’t fukk with Gastonia. That place is scary to me lol. I like Belmont and that area though. Mountain Island Lake and Mcadenvillle. Not too sure about Mcadenville though, I don’t know how they feel about black folks there.

Yeah Gastonia is kinda ... different . :usure:

But you’re gonna find more and more people considering and moving to more affordable bedroom communities and really reevaluating whether theyre more ok with living in a smaller city or town that meets all of their “needs” rather than all of their “wants.” Not mad @Ethnic Vagina Finder for wanting to try out Gastonia. It’s not horrible it’s just ... blah in terms of the “wants” and it’s a little ratchet on certain sides of town :mjpls:

All told there could be faaaar worse bedroom communities that you coulda ended up in .

I woulda fukked with Rock Hill or Concord if I’m tappin on 30 mins to get to the city proper, but I know it’s pricey in many parts of both of those locations too and the cost benefit analysis doesn’t really add up . Gastonia STILL has the least expensive rent out of the somewhat “sizable” surrounding bedroom communities . :manny:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State

giphy.gif

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I work midtown Charlotte right by the hospital and target

I walk around this white ass neighborhood at least 5 days a week and laugh at the Lil bit of black history they left behind....

The glass on the bus stops:mjlol:

That's the only thing left to let you know this was once a black neighborhood. Everything else is nothin but gentrification. Hell, my white bish call herself telling me about the history of this neighborhood because she live in midtown

I normally hit her with the:mjpls:
but based on what im reading here...she tellin the truth:ohhh: