The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I remember McCrory getting jealous of Atlanta after they got the games in 96 and started growing. A lot of this gentrification shyt here went into overdrive under his watch cause he wanted Charlotte to be on the same level as Atlanta..funnily enough, we’re getting there damn quick but we lost a lot of our soul in the city with the progress.

Nothing wrong with growth but I really don’t want to see the same finishing line as Atlanta.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I remember McCrory getting jealous of Atlanta after they got the games in 96 and started growing. A lot of this gentrification shyt here went into overdrive under his watch cause he wanted Charlotte to be on the same level as Atlanta..funnily enough, we’re getting there damn quick but we lost a lot of our soul in the city with the progress.

Nothing wrong with growth but I really don’t want to see the same finishing line as Atlanta.
Too late . That train BEEN left the station . And Charlotte for a couple of decades at least has been in that corporate, glitzy boat and trying to grow that exponentially (not by an organic means either) just by design of the economic engine there . I’ll tell you how you KNOW this shyt ain’t letting up anytime soon ... it’s when you see the continued razing of previously low-income lots and new construction continue to happen constantly amid a pandemic with the unemployment rate at one of the highest levels it has even been.

best thing you and others who are interested can do is to get civically involved , join think tank groups , attend and participate in community forums, show up in the communities that are being gentrified and help empower the residents via non profits that are already serving those communities and yes, vote ... even fund some candidates you think would be worthy and willing to stop the bleeding. And doin that is just a band aid really :manny:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The only effective thing that is going to help is if we collectively improve our economic situation so that we own the houses we live in and the businesses in our communities, because otherwise the people with money (white people) will always get their way.
Hope the folks can get Beatties Ford before they come in and take over. It’s already starting.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Get your credit up. Make sure you have wills. Make sure you have illife insurance policies for your loved ones.

Please please please do estate planning.

Don't let your family members sell homes for quick cash after grandma dies.

Think long term value.

Check on those taxes.

Sigh.

:francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It means that Beatties Ford is going to be gentrified and we can't stop it

I already stay by a bunch of white people (about 5 min from south park mall)

From what people been telling me this entire city is being gentrified. Rent going up all over. Too many out of state plates pushing in. Too many put of state developers buying up property.

And it's sad really. I know people working multiple jobs like its nothing. That's why I'm trying to leave in the next 4 to 5 years. It's only going to get worse.

Daps
I already stay by a bunch of white people (about 5 min from south park mall)

From what people been telling me this entire city is being gentrified. Rent going up all over. Too many out of state plates pushing in. Too many put of state developers buying up property.

And it's sad really. I know people working multiple jobs like its nothing. That's why I'm trying to leave in the next 4 to 5 years. It's only going to get worse.

You live in South Park, that's :mjpls: central

Every major US city is being gentrified, so good luck with moving

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You live in South Park, that's :mjpls: central

Every major US city is being gentrified, so good luck with moving

My lease up in April. I'm a probably move to Gastonia. I heard it's cheaper over there. I thought about moving to Uptown, but the area isnt worth what they're offering.

Out here, a pool and a gym is considered luxury living :russ: the building and appliances can be old as fukk.

North Jersey is still worse in comparison so I cant complain. I don't mind paying top dollar for the right location. Charlotte not there just yet.