The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Fast Forwarding to tip off
(No disrespect to girls sports but there really wasn’t that big of a crowd early on but by the time we was doing warm ups the gym started to fill up a bit and pretty much sold out packed on their side, home side)

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So we doing warm ups and man..... the intensity was heavy..... something I’ve felt before on but games but nothing like this cuz the hate was was getting was different. More vile.

I remember them calling us all times of “black fukks, nappy headed p*ssy’s, monkey’s” in addition to flat out calling us “n!ggers”

I remember them calling my white teammates “n!gger lovers”

I remember looking on the other half of the quart and seeing the white boys on that team feed into that energy and just get hype on some “YEEEAAAAAAA” type shyt. Now, full disclosure.... that team was the polar opposite of us as they had a predominately white team. But they did have like 1 or 2 black dudes on it and I could see in their eyes they looked soulless. Like they just trynna tune it out and not have emotions.
At times I could see a sense of shame and subtle anger, but what can they do. One was like this light skinned naturally brown/blondish Stephen Curry looking dude. I remember him the most cuz I just remember the void expression he just to keep on his face

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
*Game time*

Now I’m the starting Center, so from the top off they going IN! (The crowd)

This shyt felt like what I can only imagine what Bill Russell to a degree had to deal with. Everytime we scored the most racism comments being shouted out. If they fouled us, pleads from the crowd to hit us harder and knock the black off us.

I always played the game with an edge but 1st half I admittedly was rattled because this shyt was low key kinda terrifying. Threats that they got something for us when the game was over. Grown men making gun gestures at us when we shooting freethrows or moose gesture like they gonna hang us.

And then outside of maybe the cheerleaders and a few parents we had NO real support on our section.

Also, then white dude at home was really feeling themselves. I remember the PF on there team did a decent post move on my teammate, scored and got an And1.

And he felt himself a little too much as he slapped hands with the guard and was like “fukk these n!ggers” right in the vicinity of the Curry looking black dude. Who I know hears him say that too, but just had this dead/blank look on his face like “I’m just trynna play ball”:aicmon:

Like that was the only time they said it too, on plays where they scored I remember in bounding and looking at a dude say “n!gger” to my PG” and we looking at the ref like “Ain’t you finna give him a tech?”:mindblown:

And the ref like :manny:

As he starts his 5 count

I recall one inbound play when when a teammate was take the ball out from the side of the court like in front of the crowd, a fan spat on the back of his calves.

shyt was insane...... at half time we was up but not by much and it was clear we was not playing our best.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
My bad this is long y’all...... but that night was something else so I’m going to forward past a bit.

Halftime in the locker rooms out coach basically did a mental check on us, said we gonna talk more about it when the game is over and we’re back home. Also explained when the game is over grab our shyt and head to the bus. Then game prep.

Second half we basically came out in fire and whooped their ass. And OH BOY there was so much more racism...... from on every free throw they chanting “NIIIIIIIII-GGGGGEEEERRRRR!!!!! NIIIIIIIII-GGGGGEEEERRRRR!!!!! NIIIIIIIII-GGGGGEEEERRRRR!!!!!“

To more threats of violence after the game.

After the game I just remember doing the cordial line up after we mopped them with a smirk, but to the black guys (who can’t even look us in the eyes) feeling pity for them and a little disgust.

We like coach says grab our shyt and go straight to the bus to which we seen had be egged and slightly vandalized.

Then we kinda see, hear the fans kinda not about to let us leave till the cops seriously started to make them move but as we drove through the lot the bus was hit with more eggs and spit and trash as we hit the road and got the fukk out of there.

Mind you..... this ain’t 1965 civil rights shyt..... this 199somethin (I’m not old old, but I’m old enough and ain’t about to age myself):russ::flabbynsick:

I just remember thinking {Man I can wait till them white boys play us at home}

Which that is another story in itself. Which maybe I will tell another time or even other stories from them Cuz we played them every year twice so that wasn’t the end.

But preciate anyone that took a minute to read all that.. Again this wasn’t a joke thread to troll or offend. Just wanted to share some ugly racism I’ve experienced in my life as a black man and curious if anyone else has in theirs.

Feel free to chime in or in y’all had some stories share.

@CarmelBarbie where you at?

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
:whew:
Bluz on Instagram: “some black folks(the sip and paints) were calling the #BLM mural in Charlotte an "empty gesture" shouts to @dammit_wesley @marcus_kiser…”

Not sure if any of y’all like me know Bluz, but this nicca went off on all the haters or crab niccas and I love it!
I’m so tired of people hating bruh smh. THIS IS THOSE ARTISTS ACTIVISM! I was out there and it was dope to see! People say they want change but don’t know how to handle it when change happens. Like he said, you go your ass up there and ask for these new laws while these artists paint and while I take pictures and post them. Thank you for posting this:salute:i followed that man.​

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:whew:
I’m so tired of people hating bruh smh. THIS IS THOSE ARTISTS ACTIVISM! I was out there and it was dope to see! People say they want change but don’t know how to handle it when change happens. Like he said, you go your ass up there and ask for these new laws while these artists paint and while I take pictures and post them. Thank you for posting this:salute:i followed that man.​

If you’re in to poetry or spoken word, he be having events too.

Yes he’s a cool dude, I met him like 6 years ago via some business partnerships and been cool ever since

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Bluz on Instagram: “some black folks(the sip and paints) were calling the #BLM mural in Charlotte an "empty gesture" shouts to @dammit_wesley @marcus_kiser…”

Not sure if any of y’all like me know Bluz, but this nicca went off on all the haters or crab niccas and I love it!
I haven’t watched yet & I actually visited the mural yesterday. As someone that’s artistically inclined it’s dope! I don’t see how anyone can hate on it from that aspect. But if I’m judging the whole thing, I’ve definitely called it an empty gesture much like when them white folks were kneeling with kinte cloth on. It’s wild because City Council just approved a 290 million to the cpmd at the same time the mural was started. I’d like to see something tangible in the form of laws that would the black community.

Edit: just watched. He has a point and I wouldn’t consider the protest art being an empty gesture bc of all the work they went into it. I was annoyed seeing politicians kneel with kinte cloth on & seeing white people washing black folks feet lol. I definitely wouldn’t demean an artist because it’s hard work.

Last edited: