The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You know a dude named Rob that went there? Played QB a couple a season or two for them.

Honestly, I couldn't fukk w/ any of the private HBCUs here in NC.

A&T was the only HBCU I applied to in NC. Didn't finish :pachaha:got halfway through my jr year and realized I hated finance and the whole idea of being in business :dame:
The white backup?

When I was there, the QB was Carton. Lightskinned Omega on all the billboards :mjlol:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
jcsu losing accreditation? :what: :what:
mark price fired? :what: I keep hearing on 610 that uncc fans hate the AD but she's teflon
was reading the article and I don't think I've ever heard an AD give those reasons especially r/t the bball team AND before conference play :pachaha:

She was straight up mad at how the seniors looked their last game against Chattanooga :skip:

Why is she teflon!?

Honestly, it's over for a lot of private HBCU's not named Howard/Hampton/Florida A&M/Morehouse/Spelman. So one losing accreditation is a damn shame and low key suicidal. With the Department of Education locking down on things and the cost to attend some of these private HBCU the reward just isn't greater than the risk imo.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
was reading the article and I don't think I've ever heard an AD give those reasons especially r/t the bball team AND before conference play :pachaha:

She was straight up mad at how the seniors looked their last game against Chattanooga :skip:

Why is she teflon!?

Honestly, it's over for a lot of private HBCU's not named Howard/Hampton/Florida A&M/Morehouse/Spelman. So one losing accreditation is a damn shame and low key suicidal. With the Department of Education locking down on things and the cost to attend some of these private HBCU the reward just isn't greater than the risk imo.
It makes no damn sense how much JCSU costs :dead: they had my dorm using the fire escape to get in and out of the building because the stairwell flooded so bad that they electrical wiring fell out of the ceiling as was dangling over people's heads

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It makes no damn sense how much JCSU costs :dead: they had my dorm using the fire escape to get in and out of the building because the stairwell flooded so bad that they electrical wiring fell out of the ceiling as was dangling over people's heads
When I was a kid they sent us their for kiddie college.

I learned how to solder, code in visual basic, and that I wouldn't go to JCSU. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
When I was a kid they sent us their for kiddie college.

I learned how to solder, code in visual basic, and that I wouldn't go to JCSU. :mjlol:
Most of the people I know that actually went far out of my class were in entertainment, law, or poli science.

Outside of that.... yeesh :picard: not that I'm any better. I got everything I needed through the military and general life experience along with my family being just smart, driven people.

I was always trying to be a writer first and foremost, but again - smart black kid trap - I was doing more community work at JCSU than anything else. Not that I regret it, I really do value that life experience from Charlotte. The good and the bad. But as a real school institution? They failed the fukk out of hundreds just at my time there.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Most of the people I know that actually went far out of my class were in entertainment, law, or poli science.

Outside of that.... yeesh :picard: not that I'm any better. I got everything I needed through the military and general life experience along with my family being just smart, driven people.

I was always trying to be a writer first and foremost, but again - smart black kid trap - I was doing more community work at JCSU than anything else. Not that I regret it, I really do value that life experience from Charlotte. The good and the bad. But as a real school institution? They failed the fukk out of hundreds just at my time there.
For most of us that's college. I went to UNC, but my dad didn't go to college until my last years in high school, so we were in school together. He came up through the navy and being charismatic, but he really had no idea how I should have approached college.

He loved that I had a scholarship and played sports and he was all about that. In the summers instead of finding internships I was just waiting tables and working out and competing.

It definitely set me back years. If I had worked some internships or just worked in my field I'd have been clearing 6 in my early / mid 20s.

We live and we learn. My kids will certainly have more informed parents.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
For most of us that's college. I went to UNC, but my dad didn't go to college until my last years in high school, so we were in school together. He came up through the navy and being charismatic, but he really had no idea how I should have approached college.

He loved that I had a scholarship and played sports and he was all about that. In the summers instead of finding internships I was just waiting tables and working out and competing.

It definitely set me back years. If I had worked some internships or just worked in my field I'd have been clearing 6 in my early / mid 20s.

I can only imagine what it would be like headed to school with my parents lol. I think I'd love it, because they were honestly at their best when they were working and engaged rather than sitting around trying not to look in the mirror.

I would've never went to college at all if I could've helped it. I was just too damn smart for my neighborhood and my family at the time was at a huge black male crisis. I was one of two guys in my whole generation in the family able to go to school at all. Kids around my neighborhood were getting shot on the regular and Durham was going to shyt. I wanted to go straight into the military (I always wanted to as a kid, I wanted that experience and needed to see the world through those eyes). My grandma was NOT having it. This was when Iraq was popping off heavy too. She made me promise to give her at least two years in college and I wasn't going to tell her otherwise, especially right after my mom died.

So I went to JCSU. I was that kind of kid in school who'd skip every class and ace every test. My teachers knew I had no business being around any of that shyt lol. Damn near aced my SAT, got a track scholarship, ended up walking on to JCSU hoops and football for a while.

Fell in love with Charlotte :wow: I could see Bank of America stadium from my dorm window. Biggest city I'd ever been around was in walking distance.

I think if I went straight into the military I'd be straight retarded. I love the best parts of the military even now, but one thing I wouldn't have is perspective. College is full of the smartest and dumbest people you'll ever meet in your life and the first thing you realize after that is that none of that determines how successful you are.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Mount Holly, brehs do any of yall want to explain why the security guard at your food lion is wearing body armor. :mjgrin:
:russ:

What sport you play?

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
he was about 5'10 with mod boots on. :ehh:

I know who that is, name is Jeff..he used to be a police officer in Gaston county until the town disbanded the police department a few years ago. Dude works security like he's special ops and he's waiting to get on with CMPD, cac is intense as hell..I told him to choose another police dept...don't need anymore trigger happy white cops in Charlotte.