The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People were trying to say that she’s basically another Jennifer Roberts. I think she’ll do her best to NOT be like Jennifer. Congratulations to her. Man but the big deal story to me is Braxton Winston.
braxton

Winston(5)

Braxton-Winston-1-1.jpg

DFJDXVPWAAAjgd3.jpg

Bruh was out there everyday after the Keith Scott shooting even after the noise died down. Dude ran for city council and won. Congratulations to him and I really hope he can bring some change.
:ohhh: I'm not really up on politics like I should be, but I remember seeing dude out there during the protests when I was there

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
People were trying to say that she’s basically another Jennifer Roberts. I think she’ll do her best to NOT be like Jennifer. Congratulations to her. Man but the big deal story to me is Braxton Winston.
braxton

Winston(5)

Braxton-Winston-1-1.jpg

DFJDXVPWAAAjgd3.jpg

Bruh was out there everyday after the Keith Scott shooting even after the noise died down. Dude ran for city council and won. Congratulations to him and I really hope he can bring some change.

On paper, that looks like a win. Hope he can carry the momentum and continue to build a much needed, working class & lower middle black base in Charlotte to help leverage resources...but also build alliances with upper middle blacks. Hope he doesn't get corrupted.

Daps
New restaurant and lounge opens soon in uptown Charlotte

nestuptown

Chef Jamarr Shular
Courtesy of Jamarr Shular

What's In Store
By Katherine Peralta

kperalta@charlotteobserver.com

November 10, 2017 12:57 PM

A new restaurant and lounge called Nest opens next month at the corner of North Caldwell and East Sixth streets.

The restaurant’s executive chef and co-owner is Jamarr Shular, a Le Cordon Bleu-educated former sous chef at Apple Inc. in Cupertino, Calif., who moved to Charlotte a little over a year ago.

Shular describes Nest as a comfortable hangout specializing in “new American” cuisine, such as shrimp and grits and herb roasted chicken.

“I would describe Nest as a hotel lounge. We’re on the bottom of the condo building, so there’s no loud music,” Shular said. “It’s a place where you can come to get a good meal and a good drink.”

Nest will serve glasses of wine that are $2-$3 cheaper than they are on average at other area restaurants, Shular said. “We’ve done our research,” he added.

nestburger

A Nest cheeseburger

Nest has three bars – one in the main lounge, another in its dining room and a third in an upstairs private area, meant for meetings and parties. The restaurant will have seating for about 80 people Shular said. He’s aiming for a soft opening of Nest on the weekend of Dec. 8.

Shular – who helped open Factory Café and NoCa Uptown, which has since closed – acknowledges that his spot in the bottom of the Courtside Condominiums has been home to a few different restaurant concepts over the years. He said his goal is to cater better to the neighborhood.

And like other entrepreneurs, Shular said he sees Charlotte as a place full of business opportunity.

“It’s up and coming, it’s growing. Everywhere you look, there’s something being built. I don’t think Charlotte’s reached its full potential yet,” Shular said.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls

nestuptown

Chef Jamarr Shular

What's In Store
By Katherine Peralta

kperalta@charlotteobserver.com

November 10, 2017 12:57 PM

A new restaurant and lounge called Nest opens next month at the corner of North Caldwell and East Sixth streets.

The restaurant’s executive chef and co-owner is Jamarr Shular, a Le Cordon Bleu-educated former sous chef at Apple Inc. in Cupertino, Calif., who moved to Charlotte a little over a year ago.

Shular describes Nest as a comfortable hangout specializing in “new American” cuisine, such as shrimp and grits and herb roasted chicken.

“I would describe Nest as a hotel lounge. We’re on the bottom of the condo building, so there’s no loud music,” Shular said. “It’s a place where you can come to get a good meal and a good drink.”

Nest will serve glasses of wine that are $2-$3 cheaper than they are on average at other area restaurants, Shular said. “We’ve done our research,” he added.

nestburger

A Nest cheeseburger

Nest has three bars – one in the main lounge, another in its dining room and a third in an upstairs private area, meant for meetings and parties. The restaurant will have seating for about 80 people Shular said. He’s aiming for a soft opening of Nest on the weekend of Dec. 8.

Shular – who helped open Factory Café and NoCa Uptown, which has since closed – acknowledges that his spot in the bottom of the Courtside Condominiums has been home to a few different restaurant concepts over the years. He said his goal is to cater better to the neighborhood.

And like other entrepreneurs, Shular said he sees Charlotte as a place full of business opportunity.

“It’s up and coming, it’s growing. Everywhere you look, there’s something being built. I don’t think Charlotte’s reached its full potential yet,” Shular said.

If I'm free, I'm there opening night :mjgrin:

It's tough uptown tho. Restaurants get thrown in the bushes with the quickness

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man I didn't realize Charlotte had so much heat out here in the rap game! Already heard Reuben Vincent and I went to the Earthgang and J.I.D. concert and thus dude Lute performed. Man he killed it! I just previewed his album and it's fire! I might have to actually buy this shyt lol. J. Cole got him a little roster over there at Dreamville.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
braxton

Winston(5)

Braxton-Winston-1-1.jpg

DFJDXVPWAAAjgd3.jpg

this was dope

actually taking action....nothing but respect

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I walked past Bearden park and saw ESPN setting up for College Gameday. I had no idea they would be here. Might swing by there before work Saturday