TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
this was dope

actually taking action....nothing but respect
I listened to him on Charlotte Talks. Interesting perspective. He has family in law enforcement, so he really has a full perspective IMO.

It's a big ask though. A lot of the problems being faced in Charlotte are way bigger than Charlotte. But hopefully they can make something happen. As he said there is a lot of money here, and as these elections showed a lot of interest in a more progressive and fresh agenda. Hopefully they can draw some investment and help stem the tides of gentrification and other market forces.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Random but after I left the Wiz/Hornets game the other week I saw that Marty guy that do NASCAR for ESPN :skip:

I mean I know he in the area a lot but that shyt was mad random.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Crazy. Whatever happened to the new VP search?
I don't even know. I legit don't fukk with them at all, this stuff just effects me directly as someone who attended.

People say this is all on the new president too and that's just unfair. Things were fukked up when Dr. Yancy was running things too. Now everybody wants to 'fix the school for the community' 'call on God to get things back on track' 'don't forget what the school did for you' and all that noise.... fukk them lol

acknowledge the damn problem. i think some of these schools need to legitimately capsize before HBCUs realize that things need to fukking change. They need to be scared and stop running this bootleg church fund institution called schools.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
when you come out?

like overall the school ain't accredited at all!? yikes
They're on probation right now, but its a joke.

Financial concerns? When they've been strangling kids with tuition costs for trash education, job outlook, and pushing mediocre at best teachers? Yeah, naw. fukk em.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/education/article188392099.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...son-c-smith-university-on-probation-amid.html

"The alumni don't support us" :bryan:
when you come out?

like overall the school ain't accredited at all!? yikes
I was there from 2006 to 2009. I should've transferred after my first year, but I stayed because I thought I could make a difference :dead: got caught in the smart black kid trap, got to shake hands with a lot of people and take pictures, but overall I did more for the school than they ever did for me.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
They're on probation right now, but its a joke.

Financial concerns? When they've been strangling kids with tuition costs for trash education, job outlook, and pushing mediocre at best teachers? Yeah, naw. fukk em.

Money questions land Johnson C. Smith University on probation

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...son-c-smith-university-on-probation-amid.html

"The alumni don't support us" :bryan:

I was there from 2006 to 2009. I should've transferred after my first year, but I stayed because I thought I could make a difference :dead: got caught in the smart black kid trap, got to shake hands with a lot of people and take pictures, but overall I did more for the school than they ever did for me.
You know a dude named Rob that went there? Played QB a couple a season or two for them.

Honestly, I couldn't fukk w/ any of the private HBCUs here in NC.

A&T was the only HBCU I applied to in NC. Didn't finish :pachaha:got halfway through my jr year and realized I hated finance and the whole idea of being in business :dame: