The Official Callisto Protocol thread. PS/XB/PC - Dec 2.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So they are using the stick like mechanics of that Jet Li game(Jackie Chan I believe as well)
Watched the final boss fight to see what all the hub bub was all about
It looks like a really easy fight:patrice:
Maybe I have to play it to see why everybody is frustrated
I’ll wait until deep sale
A 9-12hr game ain’t worth that price
Even though I’m liking the “linear” sale of the game
Sometimes exploration can be daunting
So seeing games like this definitely piqued my interest more
The problem is...this game is just as long as dead space and resident evil 8

Survival horror isn't a 40 hour genre

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Finished. Not bad at all, but it has some pretty glaring gameplay flaws that are magnified by some frustrating combat scenarios.
I give it a 6.5/10.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
The problem is...this game is just as long as dead space and resident evil 8

Survival horror isn't a 40 hour genre
RE 1 and 2 OG, RE4,5,6 are longer games
Fatal Frame, especially 2 is a longer game
And the list goes on and on
What’s your point :russ:
Fam I’m not against people liking this game(hell I’m one of the biggest fans of a critically panned game known as Days Gone which IS a survivor horror game although PURISTS of the genre don’t see it as one:dead:)
I’m still intrigued even after watching the whole play through
I even said in my OG post that exploration can be daunting :skip:
It’s cool if you fukks with the game
But don’t die on this price hill breh:deadrose:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
RE 1 and 2 OG, RE4,5,6 are longer games
Fatal Frame, especially 2 is a longer game
And the list goes on and on
What’s your point :russ:
Fam I’m not against people liking this game(hell I’m one of the biggest fans of a critically panned game known as Days Gone which IS a survivor horror game although PURISTS of the genre don’t see it as one:dead:)
I’m still intrigued even after watching the whole play through
I even said in my OG post that exploration can be daunting :skip:
It’s cool if you fukks with the game
But don’t die on this price hill breh:deadrose:
Re1 and 3 arent long, RE2 is probably 6-8 hours per character (I don't consider doing the reverse order a part of the run time)

Re4 is less than 20 hours, like 15-17, 5 the same

Never played fatal frame but I haven't played a silent hill thats over 10 hours

Days gone stands out as an anomaly, but for the most part you're strengthening my argument that survival horror isnt a 40 hour genre. Let's not even mention all these walking sim survival horror games like amnesia that are usually 4 to 8 hours at best and still were 60 dollar releases

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Re1 and 3 arent long, RE2 is probably 6-8 hours per character (I don't consider doing the reverse order a part of the run time)

Re4 is less than 20 hours, like 15-17, 5 the same

Never played fatal frame but I haven't played a silent hill thats over 10 hours

Days gone stands out as an anomaly, but for the most part you're strengthening my argument that survival horror isnt a 40 hour genre. Let's not even mention all these walking sim survival horror games like amnesia that are usually 4 to 8 hours at best and still were 60 dollar releases
Amnesia Dark Decent was $20 at release, and it still is (but it's always dirt cheap during sales)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Weird

This game is far from wack it’s almost like a hivemind way of hate going on with this :patrice:

Or maybe it’s me because I love this game I can’t see how it got bashed like that :manny:
you ask the same reviewers and Stray is flawless or a game of the year candidate

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am seriously shocked by the negative reviews after I play this game for hours in days. Yeah, the combat is strange at first and I wasn't feeling it, but it is something new, and it works great after you get used to it. Ironically, people loved Dead Space cause Callisto is too similar to Dead Space. I'm willing to bet Dead Space Remake will be the exact as the Callisto Protocol gameplay, etc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I am seriously shocked by the negative reviews after I play this game for hours in days. Yeah, the combat is strange at first and I wasn't feeling it, but it is something new, and it works great after you get used to it. Ironically, people loved Dead Space cause Callisto is too similar to Dead Space. I'm willing to bet Dead Space Remake will be the exact as the Callisto Protocol gameplay, etc.

Nostalgia will carry Dead Space

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nostalgia will carry Dead Space

Yeah, no shyt but don't you rather play a new game with a new story that you haven't played it before?. I still have my Dead Space on Xbox 360 and it still looks great, the graphics look good as PS4/XB1 graphics.

I will skip Dead Space Remake and wait for a sale cause when I played the Callisto Protocol I felt like I'm playing Dead Space Remake and also don't want to spend another $70 when I already have Dead Space on Xbox 360.

I know this game it's not for everyone, and that understandable....but however, if they haven't played Dead Space then I don't think they will enjoy this game and Dead Space Remake.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Game had prime time commercials during the UFC fight last night. It’s clear sony treated this release as very important to them.

Without the sony push it woulda been just another mediocre indie game.

They got with sony to convince you goofys to spend $70 on what should have been a $40 game at best.

I see why they shunned gamepass. That sony stimulus package comes with loyal fans that will buy your shyt for $70:wow:
poisonpen-poison.gif