The Official Callisto Protocol thread. PS/XB/PC - Dec 2.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The entire Kinda Funny crew was positive about this and they all they finished it, so I doubt it is that bad. Apparently you get used to the dodge mechanic as you go.
I watched that review.

They said the game is full of 6/10 decisions and mechanics but after they talked to the devs, their explanation for those decisions made them bump it up to 8/10

:stopitslime:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched that review.

They said the game is full of 6/10 decisions and mechanics but after they talked to the devs, their explanation for those decisions made them bump it up to 8/10

:stopitslime:

(a) that was one person and (b) 4/5 is much closer to the average scores (76 on MC) this game has gotten than a 3/5.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A. They all agreed.
B. That’s because publications like KF gave it the sony stan stimulus package. Had this been just a random indie for $70…:huhldup:
Indie? Sony? It's a fukking multi-plat? You retarded kid? :what:

And the person who moved it from 3/5 to 4/5 due to the interview with the game's creator is Snow Bike Mike an X-Box stan and the host of their X-Box podcast. :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Indie? Sony? It's a fukking multi-plat? You retarded kid? :what:

And the person who moved it from 3/5 to 4/5 due to the interview with the game's creator is Snow Bike Mike an X-Box stan and the host of their X-Box podcast. :russ:
It had sony marketing which is why they were able to fly people out to serenade them into higher scores.

Without the Playstation affiliation places like KF don’t even review the game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waste time arguing with meach breh

Dude thinks there is some pro-Sony conspiracy around the game because it had a trailer at a SOP. :what:

He obviously doesn't know shyt about Kinda Funny because they review the big release of the week in a show every week. What else were they going to review this week? They already previewed Midnight Suns and Callisto Protocol is a big Greg Miller kind of game. :beli:

Dude was out here acting like Snow Bike Mike, a hardcore X-Box stan, was giving this a 4/5 because it is marketed by Sony. :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude thinks there is some pro-Sony conspiracy around the game because it had a trailer at a SOP. :what:
I said nothing about a conspiracy.
He obviously doesn't know shyt about Kinda Funny because they review the big release of the week in a show every week. What else were they going to review this week? They already previewed Midnight Suns and Callisto Protocol is a big Greg Miller kind of game. :beli:
Callisto Protocol is not a “big release of the weak” if it doesn’t have Sony Marketing. That’s my point. They don’t fly out Sony centric publications if they don’t have the Sony marketing cash. That’s the whole point of signing the marketing deal. Marketing deals work. That’s why they exist.
Dude was out here acting like Snow Bike Mike, a hardcore X-Box stan, was giving this a 4/5 because it is marketed by Sony. :russ:
No, he said why. It’s cause he personally talked to the devs and felt their motivations were sound even though the execution wasn’t that great.

That does not happen if they don’t have Sony Marketing dollars to fly out Sony centric publications to review and talk about the game.

It’s no conspiracy. It’s literally what happened and dude said it straight up.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said nothing about a conspiracy.

Callisto Protocol is not a “big release of the weak” if it doesn’t have Sony Marketing. That’s my point. They don’t fly out Sony centric publications if they don’t have the Sony marketing cash. That’s the whole point of signing the marketing deal. Marketing deals work. That’s why they exist.

No, he said why. It’s cause he personally talked to the devs and felt their motivations were sound even though the execution wasn’t that great.

That does not happen if they don’t have Sony Marketing dollars to fly out Sony centric publications to review and talk about the game.

It’s no conspiracy. It’s literally what happened and dude said it straight up.
There is zero basis to think they don't have an interview with Schofield if this game doesn't have "Playstation" marketing - your argument has no basis in reality.

I agree that Mike's reasoning was stupid but he is (a) an X-Box stan and (b) there is no reason to assume Playstation marketing has anything to do with the game being reviewed. It was a hyped game from way back.