Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Honestly got a bad feeling about this. Amateur boxing orgs are so deeply corrupt that the requirements to keep it in the olympics are likely not gonna be met :francis:
It may truly be over. At least for a while until they decide to bring it back because of heritage

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
His win over Lucas Matthysse :wow::troll:
I grudgingly gave him respect for that win....one thing that I won't deny is Danny had a very elite chin...lucas did land heat on him...shyt dude has been laced by real punchers without as much taking a standing 8..even respected the fact he fought Herrera after that..of course that fight was the beginning of his slide into mediocrity lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I’m watching Floyd-Golden Boy rn for the first time (was 8 years old when fight happened) What’s wrong with Leonard Ellebe? The looks he be givin Floyd mad sus
Nothing sus about it. That's just your own imagination.
Floyd-Ellerbe.gif

gifit-1722083006626.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like at no point was Stephen Fulton in control of that fight, not even 1 second. shyt was crazy
Ppl on boxing twitter that were so Gung ho on fulton are still salty to this day lol...it made it easier on who I don't take serious for boxing talk like the idiot philly godfather cat or ysm for a couple of examples

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Ppl on boxing twitter that were so Gung ho on fulton are still salty to this day lol...it made it easier on who I don't take serious for boxing talk like the idiot philly godfather cat or ysm for a couple of examples
It seemed Naya's power made all Fulton immediately cover up and try to box.Which was wild because he's the bigger fighter

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It seemed Naya's power made all Fulton immediately cover up and try to box.Which was wild because he's the bigger fighter
The power and the speed..Fulton tried to adjust..even the combo he got koed by...he wasn't ready for that right hand that followed after the stab jab to the body

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Yeah crazy thing is is how easy it is to injure the brain too. You can get concussions by nodding your head to music because your brain is rattling around.

I just got intrigued and did some research watching the Garcia brothers talk, like no slurring, stuttering or pausing with their speech, etc. between them. Fluid communication and witty jokes. The only long term injuries they have to worry about is damage to their bodies like their fists, joints, etc.

It’s so unpredictable too. Same thing with football.

You see a person take a bad beating in a fight or suffer a concussion on the football field. For every one of those, think of how many countless hits the boxer took in sparring and amateur fights, or how many smaller hits the football player took in games and practices. Some guys seem relative unaffected and some are in awful shape.

Some boxers have speech deterioration but seem to have their wits about them. I know that Riddikk Bowe’s lawyers used his brain damage in his family kidnapping case, and it first worked and he got a lighter sentence (it got overturned), so I’m not sure about his personality changes. But I recently watched a long interview with him, and the way he acts seems just like he did in interviews in his prime. He seems sharp mentally, and is cracking jokes he always did. It’s just the slurred speech that’s noticeable. Same thing for James Toney. Evander Holyfield has maybe a slight slur, but not that big and he seems normal mentally.

It’s rough but I definitely think it’s the lesser of the negative outcomes regarding CTE.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It’s so unpredictable too. Same thing with football.

You see a person take a bad beating in a fight or suffer a concussion on the football field. For every one of those, think of how many countless hits the boxer took in sparring and amateur fights, or how many smaller hits the football player took in games and practices. Some guys seem relative unaffected and some are in awful shape.

Some boxers have speech deterioration but seem to have their wits about them. I know that Riddikk Bowe’s lawyers used his brain damage in his family kidnapping case, and it first worked and he got a lighter sentence (it got overturned), so I’m not sure about his personality changes. But I recently watched a long interview with him, and the way he acts seems just like he did in interviews in his prime. He seems sharp mentally, and is cracking jokes he always did. It’s just the slurred speech that’s noticeable. Same thing for James Toney. Evander Holyfield has maybe a slight slur, but not that big and he seems normal mentally.

It’s rough but I definitely think it’s the lesser of the negative outcomes regarding CTE.

shyt with james toney its so pronounced and bad. That guys workout IS sparring. Roadwork? Nah sparring. Mf even gave vitali hell in there. It explains his insane instincts in the ring. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that comfortable under fire. Its like going for a stroll for him. But damn it added up

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
So apparently it is genetic, the lack of the APOE E4 gene/allele is why Mexicans can recover from brain trauma, not get CTE, low rate of Alzheimer's, etc. Lowest carriers of that variant among all groups of people. Some groups in Asia have lower rate, some higher but Mexicans overall clearly have the lowest frequency of it on average.

I mentioned it before, but Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is insanely quick and witty for his age. I don't understand Spanish, but you could tell his verbal fluency isn't slow. People in the comments are saying the same thing.

But even people like Robert Garcia and his brother, you watch them in interviews and they basically are still sharp with their words and vocabulary.

so now theres a Get Yo Azz Whipped Gene? :mjlol:

.....Man let me stop