Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
So apparently it is genetic, the lack of the APOE E4 gene/allele is why Mexicans can recover from brain trauma, not get CTE, low rate of Alzheimer's, etc. Lowest carriers of that variant among all groups of people (some groups in Asia have lower rate, some higher). Mexicans overall clearly have the lowest frequency of it on average.

I mentioned it before, but Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is insanely quick and witty for his age. I don't understand Spanish, but you could tell his verbal fluency isn't slow. People in the comments are saying the same thing.

But even people like Robert Garcia and his brother, you watch them in interviews and they basically are still sharp with their words and vocabulary.

I remember them talking about that gene and brain damage in the great documentary After the Last Round

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I remember them talking about that gene and brain damage in the great documentary After the Last Round

Yeah crazy thing is is how easy it is to injure the brain too. You can get concussions by nodding your head to music because your brain is rattling around.

I just got intrigued and did some research watching the Garcia brothers talk, like no slurring, stuttering or pausing with their speech, etc. between them. Fluid communication and witty jokes. You would've thought they were carpenters or something. The only long term injuries they have to worry about is damage to their bodies like their fists, joints, etc.

Last edited:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I’m watching Floyd-Golden Boy rn for the first time (was 8 years old when fight happened)

What’s wrong with Leonard Ellebe? The looks he be givin Floyd mad sus

I think Floyd Sr said “Leonard Elerbee is a homosexual”. People would often point out the way Leonard looks at Floyd and say his mustache and expressions make him look creepier lol

I know there’s one story of how Floyd said the best day of his life was when he met Leonard. Leonard said he heard that and cried.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
floyd was going to really have to earn that victory over oscar...this was pretty much a passing of the torch type deal..this is last time floyd had to play the b side to get a super fight..with that being said..oscar was plenty competitive, up for the fight and more importantly aggressive..some judges like seeing that and may score that way..hell look at floyd vs maidana 1...shyt still happens even today

Facts
I've had casuals tell me they had that a draw or Oscar winning. I think the biggest difference in scoring that fight between casuals and hardcore boxing fans is that hardcores side more with clean punching, while casuals side more with ring generalship. Floyd backed up and gave a lot of ground in that fight so that impression of being overwhelmed gets cast. A lot of people view retreating straight back as losing so I can understand. My pops used to bytch at me for doing it and you seen how Floyd Sr was getting at him in the Pac fight. He understood what we're talking about even tho it was pissing off Jr.

I always felt that was a could go either way type of fight. I had Floyd winning 7-5, but I don't argue with anybody that thought Oscar nicked it. Fight really was that competitive.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

claressa5.gif
claressa6.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Facts
I've had casuals tell me they had that a draw or Oscar winning. I think the biggest difference in scoring that fight between casuals and hardcore boxing fans is that hardcores side more with clean punching, while casuals side more with ring generalship. Floyd backed up and gave a lot of ground in that fight so that impression of being overwhelmed gets cast. A lot of people view retreating straight back as losing so I can understand. My pops used to bytch at me for doing it and you seen how Floyd Sr was getting at him in the Pac fight. He understood what we're talking about even tho it was pissing off Jr.

I always felt that was a could go either way type of fight. I had Floyd winning 7-5, but I don't argue with anybody that thought Oscar nicked it. Fight really was that competitive.
It was..Oscar jabbing was giving floyd fits...he was lucky Oscar felt like coming forward so he could get those counters off like he did. Floyd won on 116-112 or 115-113 shyt but it wasn't easy like he did Canelo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

shyt was a sad doc...i didn't like joe mesi and thought he was overrated but he didn't deserve the brain bleeds he got in the jirov fight