Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking at the Olympics schedule for tomorrow.

USA Boxing gotta be down bad.
They got Roscoe Hill fighting tomorrow?

@patscorpio did you approve this?
:hhh:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
David ain't fighting bivol or beterbiev :mjlol: ....he just don't wanna keep losing weight in the meantime while he's waiting for canelo. Canelo will always be his main priority. His dad knows bivol and beterbiev would peel his cap back.

The berlanga fight is trash and canelo deserves the backlash. But he just don't care anymore. He's fighting bud next and I think that's his last fight at 168. After that it's one more shot at 175 undisputed then retirement. Only way canelo vs David happens now is at light heavy.
Canelo is a diminished fighter, he fights Corporate Crawford at 68 he's getting retired that night and getting paid.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
shyt crazy he was wyling in this joint

So were the commentators this fight wasn’t even close, don’t know how one judge scored it 115-113 DLH that’s insane
Damn, right Floyd was surgical, took away that man's jab and everything/even forced Oscar to stop coming in. Easy fight to score imo, plus Oscar tried to do the same shyt he did to Sweat Pea and steal rounds with bullshyt flurries that didn't land for shyt.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Facts
I've had casuals tell me they had that a draw or Oscar winning. I think the biggest difference in scoring that fight between casuals and hardcore boxing fans is that hardcores side more with clean punching, while casuals side more with ring generalship. Floyd backed up and gave a lot of ground in that fight so that impression of being overwhelmed gets cast. A lot of people view retreating straight back as losing so I can understand. My pops used to bytch at me for doing it and you seen how Floyd Sr was getting at him in the Pac fight. He understood what we're talking about even tho it was pissing off Jr.

I always felt that was a could go either way type of fight. I had Floyd winning 7-5, but I don't argue with anybody that thought Oscar nicked it. Fight really was that competitive.

Oscar did better than I thought. I gave him 4 rounds. He had some success with his jab and activity and also did a nice job of parrying a lot of Floyd’s punches.

shyt was a sad doc...i didn't like joe mesi and thought he was overrated but he didn't deserve the brain bleeds he got in the jirov fight

It’s sad but also one of the best sports documentaries I’ve seen.

The brain bleed was also an issue regarding Jermaine Taylor. He shouldn’t have been fighting after that.

He appears to be a ticking time bomb outside the ring. :mjcry:

Last edited: