Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
nah fukk that...there are people who can cut weight and there are people who can't cut that much
if you are not able to cut that much then bad for you but in this sport every athlete tries to maximize their advantages with the weight and the word "weight bully" suggests that these fighters do something unethical which is not the case, they are doing what everybody else is doing only they can do it more effectively. Can't see the problem

so you are telling me this shyt is natural

chavez_jr_martinez_weighin_120914_001a-720x541.jpg

not the first time either...this dumbass also has a NC on his record because of it

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally rewatched Farmer/Ogawa (when it originally aired I only saw the last 6 rds)

Decent fight pace wise, but nothing special and no robbery. I had it 115-113 for Ogawa. At the most I can see is a draw, but Farmer didn't do enough to pull it off. His fukking offense sucked and he throws one of the sorriest left hands I ever seen from a southpaw. I thought he looked his best when he stood his ground and used his speed an angles to hurl shots at Ogawa and keep him from coming in. The 12th was his best rd to me. His punches aren't accurate and they seem like they have nothing on them, kinda like the way Margarito's punches look now in 2017.

Ogawa wasn't anything special, but he was solid and consistent. He always came forward behind the jab and threw punches in bunches for the most part. He struggled with cutting the ring off, but still managed to stay within good distance to punch at Farmer. He landed his share of right hands and would sometimes make Farmer just move and play defense for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Farmer has a major flaw where he telegraphs the jab by throwing it with his elbow not pointing towards the ground. It's easier to predict the punch trajectory when a nikka's elbow is pointing to the wall or some shyt. Plus he jabs with his hand down by his waist so if it's not thrown with any conviction, its easy to deflect it. All Ogwaa was doing was slightly moving his forearm to parry or deflect Farmer's jab and then fire his own. Farmer could never really get that punch going and it was falling short half the time. He also wasn't throwing snappy punches, but rather slinging them. He was basically winning his rds, by outhustling Ogawa.

Farmer won't level up until he makes his offense as good as his defense. I've seen him before and was impressed in spots, but this is the worst he's looked imo.
I don't even think his defense is great, but it's above average for sure. That nikka offense is like a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale tho. :hhh:
I think all the injuries, torn biceps muscle/gunshot to the hand, fukked up Farmer's offense. I've seen dude look way sharper than that and I don't think Ogawa was bringing that much to the table to have Farmer looking as subpar as he did that fight. Dude would have been better off coming back in 2018 but I understand jumping at a title shot when the opportunity is there.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
nah fukk that...there are people who can cut weight and there are people who can't cut that much
if you are not able to cut that much then bad for you but in this sport every athlete tries to maximize their advantages with the weight and the word "weight bully" suggests that these fighters do something unethical which is not the case, they are doing what everybody else is doing only they can do it more effectively. Can't see the problem

Damn...where was this argument when AB was fighting at 130 & 135, looking unbeatable, and everyone called him a weight bully, saying he needed to fight fighters his own size and move up?:wow:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
so you are telling me this shyt is natural

chavez_jr_martinez_weighin_120914_001a-720x541.jpg

not the first time either...this dumbass also has a NC on his record because of it
If only Sergio, was younger, he cant beat GGG but his style troubles Canelo seriously.....Id bet my house on that one as I seen that Cotto might trouble Sergio.....

SN: Cotto seriously regressed skill wise under Roach fight by fight off tape he turned a boxer puncher with a elite level jab into a brawler that forgot his jab.....Nikka lost to Ali:hhh:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Damn...where was this argument when AB was fighting at 130 & 135, looking unbeatable, and everyone called him a weight bully, saying he needed to fight fighters his own size and move up?:wow:
When was Ab looking unbeatable at 130-135.....I recall hands being laid on him then..........And AB was blatantly missing weight when hes a lil nikka by frame just being lazy as fukk....TC is a full fleged rock solid 175 pounds, meaning he probably should be fighting in the 154-160 range

AB needed to take his ass to the gym and stay at 135

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Thurman has some of you nikkas so in your feelings that now I'm like fukk it I hope he makes y'all wait :umad:

Thurman had to go through the same shyt years ago and nobody said a peep. But Spence comes along with a co-sign from Floyd and you nikkas (who coincidentally stan Floyd as well :mjpls:) are up in arms about. Crying about "wahh wahh, why can't Spence get a fight!" :mjlol:

Tell your boy to get his numbers up then come holla at the #1 draw in the division :umad:

If any of you Floyd stans wanna quote me, save the tears, I'm not tryns hear it :camby:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Thurman has some of you nikkas so in your feelings that now I'm like fukk it I hope he makes y'all wait :umad:

Thurman had to go through the same shyt years ago and nobody said a peep. But Spence comes along with a co-sign from Floyd and you nikkas (who coincidentally stan Floyd as well :mjpls:) are up in arms about. Crying about "wahh wahh, why can't Spence get a fight!" :mjlol:

Tell your boy to get his numbers up then come holla at the #1 draw in the division :umad:

If any of you Floyd stans wanna quote me, save the tears, I'm not tryns hear it :camby:
Dont worry Once Swift annihilates Rios, WBC will flex a rematch or be stripped ultimatum

Thurman would be smart to lock himself in with a tough killer asap, but we all saw that fakkit literally run for dear life vs Swift, a Vargas easy touch may be too much for the bytch:hhh:

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
I finally rewatched Farmer/Ogawa (when it originally aired I only saw the last 6 rds)

Decent fight pace wise, but nothing special and no robbery. I had it 115-113 for Ogawa. At the most I can see is a draw, but Farmer didn't do enough to pull it off. His fukking offense sucked and he throws one of the sorriest left hands I ever seen from a southpaw. I thought he looked his best when he stood his ground and used his speed an angles to hurl shots at Ogawa and keep him from coming in. The 12th was his best rd to me. His punches aren't accurate and they seem like they have nothing on them, kinda like the way Margarito's punches look now in 2017.

Ogawa wasn't anything special, but he was solid and consistent. He always came forward behind the jab and threw punches in bunches for the most part. He struggled with cutting the ring off, but still managed to stay within good distance to punch at Farmer. He landed his share of right hands and would sometimes make Farmer just move and play defense for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Farmer has a major flaw where he telegraphs the jab by throwing it with his elbow not pointing towards the ground. It's easier to predict the punch trajectory when a nikka's elbow is pointing to the wall or some shyt. Plus he jabs with his hand down by his waist so if it's not thrown with any conviction, its easy to deflect it. All Ogwaa was doing was slightly moving his forearm to parry or deflect Farmer's jab and then fire his own. Farmer could never really get that punch going and it was falling short half the time. He also wasn't throwing snappy punches, but rather slinging them. He was basically winning his rds, by outhustling Ogawa.

Farmer won't level up until he makes his offense as good as his defense. I've seen him before and was impressed in spots, but this is the worst he's looked imo.
I don't even think his defense is great, but it's above average for sure. That nikka offense is like a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale tho. :hhh:
I agree. It wasn't the robbery HBO made it out to be. HBO's commentary, especially Max Kellerman, praised Farmer for having much more skill than he showed that night. Farmer's defense was the worst I've seen, which is what happens when you fight higher quality fighters. Kellerman called Farmer the new Nichollino Loche which is clearly an exaggeration. Farmer's offense is beyond sloppy. I saw very few crisp punchers being thrown.He doesn't have a straight left hand. All his punches were wide overhands. Last but night least, his stamina seemed poor. That's a big no no for out boxers. If you lack punching power, you should know most of your fights are going 12 rounds which means you should have 12 round stamina. Farmer's sloppiness plus fatigue made him look bad the last third of the fight. He better be careful because I don't know if he should really be barking at Gervonta Davis right now. There's A LOT of work that needs to be in the gym.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Spence has the most viewed fight out of all PBC fighters ever, is the only PBC WW on the P4P list, is a Champion, and has the best win at WW out of all PBC Welterweights....and that's just #TheTruth:ahh:

#TruthSeekers

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Analysis failed to mention the dirtiest boxer I seen noticing the ten second clicker and timing that shot to be exactly 1.5 seconds after the bell where Floyds defense would be slightly relaxed:mjlol:

This shows that Maidana wasnt just a neanderthal brawler like a Provodnikov, but actually contained a good Boxing IQ as evidenced by the fact he was able to set a trap on Mayweather:ehh: