Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Nah... if the most known name you beat is Bermane Stiverne you won't become a PPV star in the most saturated market no matter what.
He should be a PPV star based on what?
cause he's a HW with KOs?
The Klitschkos were HWs with KOs and white still couldn't break through in the US

edit: he's actually talking about more respect? idk...
again if I compare it to the Klitschkos they also didn't get all that hyped up by US media
plus Wilder just got tons of new hype recently because he KO an inactive, plodding Stiverne

This is easy and I say this to you and all the other white folks in the comments

FLOYD said the same shyt. And he’s got any boxing qualification you can name at the highest level.
:jbhmm: It’s not a conspiracy. It’s facts.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
DECEMBER 23, 2017
Zou Shiming loses sight in left eye
Former WBO flyweight champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming is being treated at a hospital in Shanghai after reportedly losing sight in his left eye. According to the South China Morning Post, Shiming appears to have suffered a suspected detached retina on flight from Beijing where he attended the Laureus China Top Ten Sports Awards. The 36-year-old has had a long series of problems with that optic and it’s too early to know if this will be a career-ending injury. Shiming had been lobbying to get a rematch with world champion Sho Kimura, who dethroned him in July.

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
DECEMBER 23, 2017
Zou Shiming loses sight in left eye
Former WBO flyweight champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming is being treated at a hospital in Shanghai after reportedly losing sight in his left eye. According to the South China Morning Post, Shiming appears to have suffered a suspected detached retina on flight from Beijing where he attended the Laureus China Top Ten Sports Awards. The 36-year-old has had a long series of problems with that optic and it’s too early to know if this will be a career-ending injury. Shiming had been lobbying to get a rematch with world champion Sho Kimura, who dethroned him in July.
:mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh him and that vasquez breh from the marquez rivalry losing eyesight. That should be a warning to Brook :hubie:
plus gradovich and then of course margarito...thats why you cant front on brook...he's rolling the dice and fighting at 154..after getting both his orbitals cracked..thats why i dont want to see him fight anymore..not worth the risk.

zou didnt even have that many fights either...he did take a beating in his last fight though

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nah... if the most known name you beat is Bermane Stiverne you won't become a PPV star in the most saturated market no matter what.
The Klitschkos were HWs with KOs and white still couldn't break through in the US

again if I compare it to the Klitschkos they also didn't get all that hyped up by US media
plus Wilder just got tons of new hype recently because he KO an inactive, plodding Stiverne
I see what you mean breh but thing is breh Klitschkos weren't American though and they seem to get tons of love from Germany where Wlad was based. Not sure how many fights they even had in the US. Them being dominant had to do with that for sure. But the States doesn't seem like UK for instance where their dudes like AJ get respeck on their name from media (there are those who don't though).Even breh Izo ugonoh in poland it seems was touted to be first polish champ there(correct me if I am wrong) There are reasons of course for sure but an Olympic medalist World champ Knockout artist sympathetic background story, first american champ since Hasim Rahmen I think....I look at it like :patrice:
May change in time but in this climate idk:hubie:

Last edited:

The axe murderer

Daps
plus gradovich and then of course margarito...thats why you cant front on brook...he's rolling the dice and fighting at 154..after getting both his orbitals cracked..thats why i dont want to see him fight anymore..not worth the risk.

zou didnt even have that many fights either...he did take a beating in his last fight though
Yeah 154 got killers. Brook fought the hardest hitters back to back and those orbital injuries are a red flag. He gotta start thinking of doing like Guile and go home to be a family man

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Klitchkos ain't Amercann though which is his point.. If Wilder was a southern bred white boy from Alabama as the WBC champion with almost 40 KOs. All of media plus sponsors would be riding his nuts
that is very true...a white AMERICAN heavyweight is boxing gold..there hasnt been any worth talking about since joe mesi...the funny thing about that is they are thrown to the wolves even faster for some reason and/or get exposed quicker..like tye fields goofy ass...i laughed hard when this shyt happened

The axe murderer

Daps
that is very true...a white AMERICAN heavyweight is boxing gold..there hasnt been any worth talking about since joe mesi...the funny thing about that is they are thrown to the wolves even faster for some reason and/or get exposed quicker..like tye fields goofy ass...i laughed hard when this shyt happened

When Joe Mesi struggled with Jirov and had those injuries it was the beginning of the end for breh :francis:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This one is tough to me, because just based on performance I have to say Rigo, since I expected way more than he showed.

But the Kovalev whining afterwards was terrible. Yeah Rigo was talking shyt beforehand AND quit in the fight, but he kind of walked away from the fight and shut up after that. Kovalev had the nerve to keep talking like a mentally broken man that couldn't get over the fact that he thought he was the bully, but got bullied.

I probably lean Rigo...but I definitely can never view Kovalev the same as a fighter (even if he starts KO'ing people) because Ward broke him and resorted to crying about excuses, when HE SAID he was going to punish Ward for being dirty and never did anything.

The most impressive thing about Loma to me is that he learned from Salido and will never let anyone do that to him again. He was being dirty as fukk to Rigo and I didn't have a problem with it. Just don't do something DQ worthy and be tough as fukk in the ring, that will get you a long ways.
Ward KKK saga is in boxings purgatory.....Not only did KKK clearly win the first fight, KKK was winning fight 2 before Ward got desperate and went nut shot crazy......

They got to run that back....Got to.....Ward can play bytch and retire but he has to, on a manly pridly level, not sure if he's mentality prepared for all of that, even with a mentally defeated kkk, the boy played the retirement card after both matches

KKK sat his ass down vs a fighter we saw him beat; Ward kkk 2 dont belong on this list

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
So Crawford walks around as a Cruiserweight out of competition huh?:jbhmm:

Interesting:jbhmm:

Didnt I tell you this nikkaz tc is a natural MW a day or two ago

If he had heart he would of took the title off Manny, but he hid behind weight when he walking around at 180...........Given those facts, on top of his shyt resume I cant really rank him; him and his team is obviously hiding china fighting people hes naturally 20 pounds heavier than, a shot blown up Gamboa showed this, he really hasnt fought anyone good since.......

Would love a Lucas Matthysse match to guage him but hes playing scale games out here

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Wilder speaking faxts :stopitslime:

Recalls Joe Mesi getting that push like a decade ago......My nikka:mjcry: