Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
You know what's even scarier, Terence Crawford is a solid 180 lbs. It's not like Ricky Hatton who would visibly be fat in between fights. Crawford is a compact 180 lbs. He has no fat in his face or anywhere for that matter.

This is almost scary.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
The Klitchkos ain't Amercann though which is his point.. If Wilder was a southern bred white boy from Alabama as the WBC champion with almost 40 KOs. All of media plus sponsors would be riding his nuts
@HeruDat @the old mongoose

I'd understand these type of comments from someone like Ward who really did all you can ask for and still didn't get his due respect from the media and he was pictured as the bad guy even against someone like Kovalev but I struggle to see how Wilder gets too less respect from the media. His best win is still Stiverne at the end of the day and actually many times it is mentioned by the media that he was villing to fight Povetkin and Ortiz, also he received enormous hype from KO a ridiculuosly past prime Stiverne on his last fight so much that the ESPN board even included him in their top 10 P4P list which is frankly a nonsense but either way it's hardly a lack of respect toward him. If anything he is buzzing in the media now, not lacking his respect.
The fans is a different question again, yeah he gets a lot of flack on social media but from US media? nah

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't know how much respect Wilder expects to get right now.

Media and fans love his knockouts. He's usually a good interview and he has a great marketable personality. He still looks like he's improving as a boxer so naturally I think how he is viewed will eventually improve as well.

Not saying it's his fault, but he hasn't gotten a win yet over a legit threat. Once that happens, I think he'll be embraced more. I mean it's not like he's traveling the country fighting every 3 months. He's not appearing in tv shows or rap videos constantly. He's not frequently on all types of podcasts. I don't know how many meet and greets he does.

If a boxer from here does all the above consistently and still doesn't get popular, then yeah I can understand the complaints, but until then.....just enjoy the ride. I mean you the one driving right.

Not saying this is Wilder, but a lot of the boxers from this generation are spoiled and don't love boxing like that and it shows. nikkas still expect to get embraced by everyone though.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
all of you who are complain about Crawford's weight need to get a break

there is no such thing as a weight bully just fighters who can make weight an fighters who can't
Yes there are cats who are weight bullies..jr is the best example of this

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yes there are cats who are weight bullies..jr is the best example of this
nah fukk that...there are people who can cut weight and there are people who can't cut that much
if you are not able to cut that much then bad for you but in this sport every athlete tries to maximize their advantages with the weight and the word "weight bully" suggests that these fighters do something unethical which is not the case, they are doing what everybody else is doing only they can do it more effectively. Can't see the problem

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how much respect Wilder expects to get right now.

Media and fans love his knockouts. He's usually a good interview and he has a great marketable personality. He still looks like he's improving as a boxer so naturally I think how he is viewed will eventually improve as well.

Not saying it's his fault, but he hasn't gotten a win yet over a legit threat. Once that happens, I think he'll be embraced more. I mean it's not like he's traveling the country fighting every 3 months. He's not appearing in tv shows or rap videos constantly. He's not frequently on all types of podcasts. I don't know how many meet and greets he does.

If a boxer from here does all the above consistently and still doesn't get popular, then yeah I can understand the complaints, but until then.....just enjoy the ride. I mean you the one driving right.

Not saying this is Wilder, but a lot of the boxers from this generation are spoiled and don't love boxing like that and it shows. nikkas still expect to get embraced by everyone though.

Yea some of the most popular boxers of all time are black.

Ali, Fraizer, Foreman, Leonard, Hagler, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, and Floyd etc

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yea some of the most popular boxers of all time are black.

Ali, Fraizer, Foreman, Leonard, Tyson, Holyfield, and Floyd etc

Exactly my nikka.

Wilder making excuses.

Broner is more popular than him and will probably never be as dominant as Wilder is meant to be in boxing. So we know its not a talent or skill thing. I'm not trying to trash Wilder tho. I fukks with him as a boxer and he's caught some bad breaks in the game, but nobody can tell me he's done everything he could have possibly done to become a big fukking star or real popular.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I finally rewatched Farmer/Ogawa (when it originally aired I only saw the last 6 rds)

Decent fight pace wise, but nothing special and no robbery. I had it 115-113 for Ogawa. At the most I can see is a draw, but Farmer didn't do enough to pull it off. His fukking offense sucked and he throws one of the sorriest left hands I ever seen from a southpaw. I thought he looked his best when he stood his ground and used his speed an angles to hurl shots at Ogawa and keep him from coming in. The 12th was his best rd to me. His punches aren't accurate and they seem like they have nothing on them, kinda like the way Margarito's punches look now in 2017.

Ogawa wasn't anything special, but he was solid and consistent. He always came forward behind the jab and threw punches in bunches for the most part. He struggled with cutting the ring off, but still managed to stay within good distance to punch at Farmer. He landed his share of right hands and would sometimes make Farmer just move and play defense for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Farmer has a major flaw where he telegraphs the jab by throwing it with his elbow not pointing towards the ground. It's easier to predict the punch trajectory when a nikka's elbow is pointing to the wall or some shyt. Plus he jabs with his hand down by his waist so if it's not thrown with any conviction, its easy to deflect it. All Ogwaa was doing was slightly moving his forearm to parry or deflect Farmer's jab and then fire his own. Farmer could never really get that punch going and it was falling short half the time. He also wasn't throwing snappy punches, but rather slinging them. He was basically winning his rds, by outhustling Ogawa.

Farmer won't level up until he makes his offense as good as his defense. I've seen him before and was impressed in spots, but this is the worst he's looked imo.
I don't even think his defense is great, but it's above average for sure. That nikka offense is like a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale tho. :hhh: