Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Fury Camp Believe 'Dark Forces' Are Root Cause of Parker Scores - Boxing News
full

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Linares is pure class. I should have gone to see him when he was over here. I'd pay good money to watch him work. Hopefully Hearn gets him back over here so he can teach these British people what boxing looks like again.

i thought your countryman performed well against him..i thought that shyt was a draw

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Wow. Quality and body of work came from jorge but he does drop worth ethic during every fight where he lets the opponent creep up behind him..
That's so true...he did that shyt against crolla in the first fight too...its going to catch up to him

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
i thought your countryman performed well against him..i thought that shyt was a draw

I have no valid reason to hate on lue campbell other than I don't like his style. If I ever met him in person he would knock me the fukk out. I should cool it on the internet hate against him.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Daniel Jacobs Confident: I See Myself Stopping Canelo! - Boxing News

Daniel Jacobs Confident: I See Myself Stopping Canelo!

By Radio Rahim

Former WBA 'regular' middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) was a very interested observer in the recent middleweight clash between Gennady Golovkin and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Golvkin (37-0-1, 32 KOs) and Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) ended in a controversial twelve round split draw at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Due to the outcome, Golovkin retained the WBA, WBC, IBF, IBO middleweight titles.

Canelo became only the second fighter to go the full twelve round distance with GGG.

jacobs-canelo.jpg

But back in March, Jacobs also went the full twelve round distance with Golovkin at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Jacobs lost a very close twelve round unanimous decision and some felt he may have done enough to squeeze out a win.

Jacobs certainly felt his contest with Golovkin was much closer than Canelo's bout with GGG.

"Canelo didn't really show me anything that I didn't do first. And all credit to Canelo. I thought he went out there and fought his heart out, as best as he could, but I don't think he got the victory or even close to a draw. But, it's a totally different game in there. I'm a full fledged middleweight. My confidence is through the roof now," Jacobs said to BoxingScene.com.

If Jacobs got in the ring with Canelo - provided the Mexican star is unable to finalize a rematch agreement with GGG - the Brooklyn native is confident in his ability to end Canelo inside the distance.

"[How would it end with me and Canelo], I say stoppage. I really feel that coming into who I've become... as a man, as an athlete, as a professional... I really feel that I can go in there and get the job done. What he brings to the table, and I'm not knocking anything, but size matters in boxing, physiques matter... it's different. I'm telling you its different and I do see myself stopping Canelo," Jacobs said.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
HBO's Lampley Explains: Golovkin is Slipping, He's Deteriorating - Boxing News

HBO's Lampley Explains: Golovkin is Slipping, He's Deteriorating

By Radio Rahim

Last Saturday night in Las Vegas - IBF, WBA, WBC, IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) fought to a twelve round draw with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) at the T-Mobile Arena.

While the fight was close and competitive, there were many who felt Golovkin had done enough to win.

The official judges had it 118-110 Canelo, 115-113 Golovkin and 114-114 for the split draw.

canelo-golovkin-fight%20(35).jpg

Now a rematch is being discussed, potentially for Cinco De Mayo weekend in May of 2017.

HBO's veteran broadcast analyst, Jim Lampley, believes the Golovkin we saw last Saturday night is not the same fighter who demolished 23 straight opponents inside the distance.

Golovkin has now gone the full twelve round distance in his last two fights - and some experts believe he's a step slower, not as accurate and becoming too hittable.

Lampley is one of those experts who believes that Golovkin, approaching 36-years-old, is starting to show signs of aging.

Although he felt Golovkin did enough to win last weekend, Lampley has serious doubts about GGG's ability to win the rematch.

"[After watching the Canelo fight,] I've learned that Gennady Golovkin is deteriorating before our very eyes. I believe that he's slipping and I did not really see it that clearly in the Jacobs fight as I saw it this time. Most particularly his unbelievable footwork, his ability to trap opponents and put pressure on them - isn't there any more," Lampley told BoxingScene.com.

"And he only landed eight body shots in the fight, apparently concerned about being countered upstairs by Canelo. Now I say that despite the fact that I thought Gennady was the actual winner of the fight.

"But seeing what I saw in that fight, I don't know if I'd make him the favorite to win the rematch - because I think Canelo learned enough about what Gennady does. And if Gennady does not get back some of what it seems to me that he's lost, if he's going to be that timid about throwing body shots in the second fight - then I think Canelo is going to take a big advantage of that. I think you are going to have to see a slightly different Gennady Golovkin if he's going to be the winner of the second fight."