Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Linares is pure class. I should have gone to see him when he was over here. I'd pay good money to watch him work. Hopefully Hearn gets him back over here so he can teach these British people what boxing looks like again.

i thought your countryman performed well against him..i thought that shyt was a draw
I thought Campbell won the fight

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
they just signed Jacobs and Miller will also be on the card, they also rumored to sign Andrade :manny:
They are working with Jacobs, more because of his new promoter not Al.
They could have always worked with Jacobs though, they are the ones that sought to kick Haymon fighters off the network.
Andrade was never with Haymon though, he was a free agent.

Just funny, they had no problem working with a crook like Arum, no problem with racists like Golden Boy, no problem with K2 and their slave contracts, no problem with Duva and her terrible contracts and fixed cards. But Al Haymon is the one man HBO is/was too principled to work with, him and his fighters. SMH

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
They are working with Jacobs, more because of his new promoter not Al.
They could have always worked with Jacobs though, they are the ones that sought to kick Haymon fighters off the network.
Andrade was never with Haymon though, he was a free agent.

Just funny, they had no problem working with a crook like Arum, no problem with racists like Golden Boy, no problem with K2 and their slave contracts, no problem with Duva and her terrible contracts and fixed cards. But Al Haymon is the one man HBO is/was too principled to work with, him and his fighters. SMH

I honestly don't think anything is stopping Haymon from having fighters on HBO.. I think they mutually choose to do their own thing..

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I honestly don't think anything is stopping Haymon from having fighters on HBO.. I think they mutually choose to do their own thing..
No, HBO blocked Haymon fighters.
This is widely known and reported.
Hershman Steps Down as HBO Sports President
Hershman also made the controversial decision to banish all the fighters involved with manager/adviser Al Haymon from the network because of Haymon’s unwillingness to set up tough matches for his fighters. But Hershman was also in charge when recently retired pound-for-pound king Mayweather, Haymon’s top client, left HBO for a nine-figure deal at Showtime.

Really shouldn't be surprising though when you look at the names involved at HBO at the time, Greenburg, Hershman.
The current president Peter Nelson just continuing the course.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Haymon fighters need to start signing with promoters N get more then 1 fight erry 9 months
I agree, especially since Haymon can't promote for them anymore because of all that bullshyt Arum and Oscar pulled.
I thought Al and Richard Scaffer would team up, then I thought Al would try to make his own boxing "league" through the PBC, but he seems like he is stuck.
He is going to have to prop up Goosen and others to be his promoters

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Haymon fighters need to start signing with promoters N get more then 1 fight erry 9 months

I agree with this as well.

The whole "everyone hates Haymon" excuse has run it's course to me. It's time to pull the wool off of our eyes and realize that the majority of Boxers just do not have any business sense at all, and Haymon doesn't have any marketing sense in Boxing at all either.

Imo, signing with Haymon is like in the late 2000s when all the rappers would sign with Koch (haymon) just because you'll make more money than with a true major (promoter)........but they all had horrible promotion and their careers were all over the place. While the guys who stayed at the majors blew up due to labels who knew what they were doing when it came to the promotion. These fighters need to sign themselves with a REAL promoter again, let Haymon be soley an advisor, and get back to business.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I agree, especially since Haymon can't promote for them anymore because of all that bullshyt Arum and Oscar pulled.
I thought Al and Richard Scaffer would team up, then I thought Al would try to make his own boxing "league" through the PBC, but he seems like he is stuck.
He is going to have to prop up Goosen and others to be his promoters
Haymon never promoted anyone successfully that was signed to only him.

Almost every single star fighter that left GB and went with just Haymon has had their relevance dip due to the fact they get no promo or marketing. It's all a "do it yourself" thing with Haymon.