Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

They couldn't get Ortiz to that building so they have him on a fukking phone talking Spanish and his translator speaks through the phone to explain what he just said.

What the fukk is this shyt :hhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think he hopes that it might get broken a little later

I guess the fact that Golovkin achieved what he did in a weak mw division also doesn't help although... Hopkins' also didn't have an allstar opponent package back then... Trinidad was his best W during his MW years that's a good win but Trinidad was a career ww/sww not a true middleweight

ive always said there isn't much of a difference between Bhop's and GGG's MW reigns..anyone who disagrees ill be more than happy to explain again why that is

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Weren't we saying Herrera deserved that W over Garcia from that jab. And he didn't even have power behind it. :sas1:
LB didn't think Herrera won wide...I sure as hell did though lol...danny got his nose broke and his head snapped back courtesy of a jab

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@ChocolateGiddyUp jabs don't win fights against #swiftset? :ohhh:

Swift outlanded Herrera by damn near 70 power punches N threw damn near 150 more power punches in that fight

A classic Ring debate...you dont win fights like that :manny: N at the end of the day...

#swiftset stay on top like toupee :mjgrin:

Undefeated against Mexicans :Smugswift:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Weren't we saying Herrera deserved that W over Garcia from that jab. And he didn't even have power behind it. :sas1:

Me and Choc were in here saying hard punches>>>>>jabs

here we have hard + clean punching + ring generalship vs a fukking jab + inabilty to cut off a ring against nikka w slow fukking feet :beli:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Swift outlanded Herrera by damn near 70 power punches N threw damn near 150 more power punches in that fight

A classic Ring debate...you dont win fights like that :manny: N at the end of the day...

I came out looking like a rockstar when cats were saying that danny would ko Herrera even as I warned he wasn't a pushoverand would really tell what type of fighter Danny was..the birth of "swift can't box"..also the last time I went :obama: over a fight setup for him too

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-20_13-28-0.png
    upload_2017-9-20_13-28-0.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 86

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Nobody would ever say jermaine Taylor or Fernando Vargas were on winky's tier. But Vargas beat winky and jermaine drew with him. Is winky not special?

Winky Wright lost to a prime Fernando Vargas & got a draw vs Jermaine Taylor....a fight that had controversy around it being that Wright out jabbed & out power punched Taylor, while also being the more accurate of the 2. Winky Wright also DOMINATED Shane Mosley who was the man at 154. Canelo has no performance against that quality fighter on his ledger.

.....B hop lost to jermaine twice who wasn't on his tier. Is b hop not considered special in your eyes because of that?

Bernard Hopkins DOMINATED Oscar De La Hoya & Tito Trinidad. Canelo has no performance against that quality fighter on his ledger.

.....Floyd didn't dominate Castillo or maidana who weren't on his tier....is he not special anymore?

Do I really need to list Floyd's dominance over other top tier fighters, or you gonna keep up this act?:dahell:

Don't ever bring up Floyd again with Canelo, the same Canelo he EASILY dominated and made look like a novice in the ring.

.....shane Mosley was an 8 to 1 favorite vs Vernon Forrest and he got destroyed. He didn't just have a close fight with a guy not on his tier he got DOMINATED. I guess that means shane wasn't a special fighter:mjlol:

Y'all are coming off like some try hard's right now. counter punching, defense, combination punching, reflexes. Canelo is special in all those categories. Period. the notion that you have to dominate everybody you face or you're not special is downright ridiculous :pachaha:

And like I said. Paul Williams was a special fighter even though dude was never the best. Even though he took L's vs guys not in his league. He was a special fighter to me cause he was one of the most courageous fighters I ever seen. And his loss to bum ass Quintana does not change that.

I aint about to go through all this....you trying to force Canelo to be labeled next to GREATS with a resume that says

• Easily outclassed by Floyd Mayweather
  • Controversial decision draw vs GGG in a fight the consensus (including professional boxers) feel he lost
  • Controversial SD vs Lara
  • Controversial W vs Trout

If he was Special........please provide the performance, against top tier competition that makes you say this, bc right now, you sound foolish to me putting Canelo's name in the same sentence as a prime Shane Mosley, one of the top 5 Lightweights EVER, or anyone else's name you listed above:usure:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
ive always said there isn't much of a difference between Bhop's and GGG's MW reigns..anyone who disagrees ill be more than happy to explain again why that is
interesting how mw is a division where there were not as many "moves" I mean MW has its distinct "eras", champions who started out of MW, defined their MW generation and never moved up, except Hopkins who moved up only when he was like 37 or so...

Why is that? Because smw as a division is somewhat less popular in the USA so they rather not move up? Or it's something about the weight?
Hopkins also moved up to lhw immediately skipping smw. Roy Jones and Toney come in my mind as an exceptions, they moved up rather early and didn't skip smw

but GGG this era's defining MW started out in 160 and seemingly stays there all his career
Mozon, also a MW who defined his era, also never moved up
Hagler also was a clear ruler of the MW division his time and except a few minor fight where he weighed in more than 160 he was also always a middleweight

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Let's see:mjpls:

tenor.gif

What do we have here?:whoo:

I wouldn't say he was hurting Canelo, but GGG was imposing his will imo, it's just that his will was a jab, jab, jab, sometimes a straight right ala Klitschko

When I think of a fighter "imposing his will" to me that means he is doing what he wants to do to his opponent. GGG was doing what he wanted, & fighting his normal fight. Canelo was not:yeshrug:
Holy shyt you went deep into that rolodex. :pachaha:

I gotta be careful and remain #ConsistencyCrew :whoa:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

But not against #Thurminators. :myman:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
imagine if Cuban fighters could freely go pro in the States... :patrice:

only a few of them began a pro career cause they have to deflect but a big part of those guys made noise

Gamboa, Rigo, Ortiz, Lara, Dorticos, Barthelemy brothers, Mike Perez, Solis, Yunieski Gonzalez, Barrera

not all of them are success stories (looking at you Solis) but I mentioned 11 names who became at least contenders in their divisions and according to boxrec they only have 45 professional boxers, it doesn't count Dorticos and Solis because inactivity though and Lara because he's got the America citizenship now but eve if that's not 45 but 48 or even if it's 50-60 it means every fifth-sixth of them made some noise

now what would happen if all of them could go pro...