Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Exactly
the jab becomes meaningless once Godlovkin starts controlling and winning fights with it.:camby:

When everyone else does it, nikkas be like :banderas::noah::ohlawd:
I think you have it twisted a lil bit. People (me) can't stand Golovkins team, no beef with him the fighter, and he has an A1 jab. Mikey does the same thing (control the pace with his jab) and people say he's unexciting and basic as well :yeshrug:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Hopkins clearly doesn't like the idea of Golovkin breaking his record

He about to go to Canelo's camp for the rematch and not leave until he doesn't get his stamina improved. :russ:

tenor.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think you have it twisted a lil bit. People (me) can't stand Golovkins team, no beef with him the fighter, and he has an A1 jab. Mikey does the same thing (control the pace with his jab) and people say he's unexciting and basic as well :yeshrug:
But ppl also recognize Mikey got skills...the only negative thing ppl bring up about him is the whole police/monkey stuff...the non boxing shyt

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
But ppl also recognize Mikey got skills...the only negative thing ppl bring up about him is the whole police/monkey stuff...the non boxing shyt
Nah before the broner fight people were :patrice: about his resume and thought he was a bit basic.
But at this point if people don't recognize GGG and Mikey skills that's just :beli:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I told you already my definition Res....generational talent = special fighters.

What makes someone standout as "special" if they are on the same level of their peers, ya know?:manny:

"Special Fighters" are the best of the best, and they've proven it through high skill + dominance of anyone not on their tier.
Nobody would ever say jermaine Taylor or Fernando Vargas were on winky's tier. But Vargas beat winky and jermaine drew with him. Is winky not special?.....B hop lost to jermaine twice who wasn't on his tier. Is b hop not considered special in your eyes because of that?.....Floyd didn't dominate Castillo or maidana who weren't on his tier....is he not special anymore?.....shane Mosley was an 8 to 1 favorite vs Vernon Forrest and he got destroyed. He didn't just have a close fight with a guy not on his tier he got DOMINATED. I guess that means shane wasn't a special fighter:mjlol:

Y'all are coming off like some try hard's right now. counter punching, defense, combination punching, reflexes. Canelo is special in all those categories. Period. the notion that you have to dominate everybody you face or you're not special is downright ridiculous :pachaha:

And like I said. Paul Williams was a special fighter even though dude was never the best. Even though he took L's vs guys not in his league. He was a special fighter to me cause he was one of the most courageous fighters I ever seen. And his loss to bum ass Quintana does not change that.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Records are meant to be broken...peace to Bhop though
I think he hopes that it might get broken a little later

I guess the fact that Golovkin achieved what he did in a weak mw division also doesn't help although... Hopkins' also didn't have an allstar opponent package back then... Trinidad was his best W during his MW years that's a good win but Trinidad was a career ww/sww not a true middleweight