Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Still waiting on your definition on what's a special fighter... :ld:

Pat opened the dictionary files on me but based on that he's special. :pachaha:
There's nothing about canelo I'd want to imitate and I can pull many receipts of myself since damn near the beginning of this forum saying the same damn things about him...that doesn't scream special fighter to me..it is what it is...but it's not too late for him to prove me wrong

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There's nothing about canelo I'd want to imitate and I can pull many receipts of myself since damn near the beginning of this forum saying the same damn things about him...that doesn't scream special fighter to me..it is what it is...but it's not too late for him to prove me wrong
I can give it to you that he's not looking unbeatable like some other fighters out there, Loma, Crawford or Rigo but as you said it's still not too late to prove you wrong and I find surprising that you wouldn't want to imitate anything he does. I think his counter game, his combinations and his upper body movement are all great I'd definitely study those aspects of his game.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can give it to you that he's not looking unbeatable like some other fighters out there, Loma, Crawford or Rigo but as you said it's still not too late to prove you wrong and I find surprising that you wouldn't want to imitate anything he does. I think his counter game, his combinations and his upper body movement are all great I'd definitely study those aspects of his game.

not at all..all those things dont mean anything if you dont have the gas tank to execute..if anything id want to imitate GGG more...for all the talks of him being no frills...he reiterate the most important things to have in your arsenal...a jab...a hard effective jab plus solid fundamentals coupled with power..if you ask someone like for example lomachenko who he would imiitate..who do you think he would pick?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
what fighters would you say are special

I posted them already....Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, & Vasyl Lomachenko.

Canelo ain't special :dead:

but a nikka who loses every time he steps up is special tho :hhh:

This place is so trash now :hhh:

It is trash, bc too many nikkas dont read posts no more..they just blindly comment looking for daps instead it seems.

Which one are you referring too? Ward, Rigo, or Loma? Being those are the only active fighters that have been labeled special in here by anyone, which one are you referring too as "a nikka who loses everytime he steps up is special tho"?:jbhmm:

would be nice

is it just a wish or you heard something?

I read it.

Oscar Valdez vs Carl Frampton is trying to be made currently.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
not at all..all those things dont mean anything if you dont have the gas tank to execute..if anything id want to imitate GGG more...for all the talks of him being no frills...he reiterate the most important things to have in your arsenal...a jab...a hard effective jab plus solid fundamentals coupled with power..if you ask someone like for example lomachenko who he would imiitate..who do you think he would pick?

Exactly
the jab becomes meaningless once Godlovkin starts controlling and winning fights with it.:camby:

When everyone else does it, nikkas be like :banderas::noah::ohlawd:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly
the jab becomes meaningless once Godlovkin starts controlling and winning fights with it.:camby:

When everyone else does it, nikkas be like :banderas::noah::ohlawd:
Right there are nikkas in here that stanned paulie malignaggi. .how the hell do you think he won his fights? :heh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Right there are nikkas in here that stanned paulie malignaggi. .how the hell do you think he won his fights? :heh:

Not only Malignaggi either, people in here stanned Klitschko as well, who only had 2 punches.....a jab and a straight right, and relied HEAVY on his jab:sas1:

He spammed the jab button all night long & it was ":banderas: Dr. Steel Hammer:blessed:"

But now that Golovkin (who's signed to the Klitschkos) is showing that his jab is of the upper echelon also, we starting to hear rumblings in The Ring of "jabs don't matter" now huh?:jbhmm:

Interesting:sas2:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I posted them already....Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, & Vasyl Lomachenko.

I read it.

Oscar Valdez vs Carl Frampton is trying to be made currently.

that would be a good fight :gladbron:

anyway I read last time who are the special fighters in your opinion I was just curious about the definition cause the word "special" in its own is kinda hazy and can mean different things to different people. If you're thinking of fighters who look unbeatable like Rigo, Loma or I would say TC too or fighters who not always looked unbeatable but only because they fought P4P top 5 opponent too otherwise looked unbeatable like Ward then you're right, Canelo is not special if that is the definition for special to you.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
idk breh... I didn't talk about completely mimic a fighter, that's a bs anyway, everybody should have their own style, if it's naturally the same as some other fighter's style which is almost sure give how many boxers were/are in the world then it's good but not like intentionally.

I talked about studying some element of a fighter's game. You can study Golovkin's jab and footwork with Canelo's counter punching and combinations at the same time

I doubt Loma would mimic any of them or what they do cause he has a completely different style, but if he would emulate something from any of them I'd rather imagine him studying some Canelo counters and combos than Golovkin's railroad jab and constant pressure, cause former ones just fit into his style better. Loma is not a particularly heavy handed guy, not a pressure fighter either. He has a nice snap and velocity in his punches if he wants to but not like a heavy handed fighter who could break people down with power jabs like Golovkin or Kovalev

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
that would be a good fight :gladbron:

anyway I read last time who are the special fighters in your opinion I was just curious about the definition cause the word "special" in its own is kinda hazy and can mean different things to different people. If you're thinking of fighters who look unbeatable like Rigo, Loma or I would say TC too or fighters who not always looked unbeatable but only because they fought P4P top 5 opponent too otherwise looked unbeatable like Ward then you're right, Canelo is not special if that is the definition for special to you.

I told you already my definition Res....generational talent = special fighters.

What makes someone standout as "special" if they are on the same level of their peers, ya know?:manny:

"Special Fighters" are the best of the best, and they've proven it through high skill + dominance of anyone not on their tier.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He controlled that round before that shot. wtf
full
This fukking gif kills me everytime I see it

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

“I thought GGG won the fight. I'm not trying to sound like a sour puss or a guy who complains a lot but certain things are so adamant that it is kind of hard for you to not mention. If Canelo got a draw then I beat GGG," Jacobs stated.

“This is why I always stressed that they always wanted to make this fight and capitalize on this fight and it shows because a 118-110 scorecard lets you know their intentions, they are just going to do it again.

“These guys are not going to have a blemish on their record so a draw isn’t bad. I always thought that it was politics. I think that had something to do with my fight and the decision. I could be wrong. I don’t like to be one of those guys who likes to complain.

“Obviously I'm a fighter and my job is to get in there and do what I do - but if you want to know my immediate reaction, what I thought about the fight, I thought that it was fixed, I really did.”