Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
Since when had undefeated meant anything for real in boxing, until Floyd and the machine started hyping it?
Opposition and resume is what matters.

Rocky Marciano was undefeated and beat a shot Joe Louis, no one thinks Rocky was a better fighter than Joe Louis, nor that he was a better fighter than Ali, Foreman, LIston, Frazier, Lennox, and etc. Hell I doubt people in those days would even rank Marciano higher than Schmeling, Dempsety, Tunney, or Jack Johnson

The only Marciano we acknowledge raps :hubie:

Rosebudds Revenge :blessed:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
We know Canelo is on chill mode until Cinco de Mayo and GGG ain't got a chill bone in his body.

It's good name value and still an interesting fight, plus a good money move for both until we run that back in May :yeshrug:

Plus, the matchup is more compelling than it ever has been. GGG is struggling with moving targets, visibly on the downslope of his physical peak and Cotto has gotten real smooth around the ring in this late career phase. I think Cotto got a good chance of a decision here. Best possible stop-gap before the rematch. GGG gonna have to be on his grind to win this. Pressure from beginning until the end. And body work
Their new philosophy at K2 must be "Never fought at 160 :mjgrin: bring them on up" why not fight Charlo, his WBC mando?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Their new philosophy at K2 must be "Never fought at 160 :mjgrin: bring them on up" why not fight Charlo, his WBC mando?
You know good and damn well Charlo is on the menu after next May :ufdup:After unifying with Billy Joe Saunders, of course :takedat:

GGG been waiting YEARS for Cotto to come to the table.

Canelo next May, BJS fall 2018 (or whoever has the WBO belt), then Charlo early 2019 :ehh: Unless BJS or whoever has the WBO belt is on some bullshyt next fall then I'm sure Charlo would be next up. WBC is going to mandate it soon anyway, and they'd only chill for a Cotto, Canelo, or WBO unification match. And when they do, GGG ain't gonna give the belt away unlike someone we know. So best believe, Charlo gonna get his crack at the throne in the next 12-16 months :salute:

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Charlo should be active and fighting other guys at 160. Maybe put him in against Lemeiux to see how he does at negating his power or like I said in another thread Koborov or Andy Lee. He has no business trying to fight GGG at this stage