Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What does Canelo do that's special? What makes him different than plenty fighters we've seen before in the last decade alone?

You're talking about right now, but when most people say someone is "special" in Boxing...they are talking about overall (history wise comparison).

Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, and Vasyl Lomachenko are the only special fighters today imo.
I'd add Crawford to that list

based on eye test those 4 surely
only Ward proved it with his resume so far and maybe Rigo a little (Donaire)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'd add Crawford to that list

based on eye test those 4 surely
only Ward proved it with his resume so far and maybe Rigo a little (Donaire)
Yup. Only ward. I'm not calling anybody special if they never stepped foot in the ring with any top tier guys. Loma and Rigo will be able to prove if they're truly "special" in December. I put more weight on resume than anything. So right now, ward is the only guy in the sport I would consider special. With canelo, Loma, Rigo, Crawford, and Spence as the guys with the potential to be special....ala ATG. Ward has multiple top level scalps on his resume and that's what matters most to me.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Only ward. I'm not calling anybody special if they never stepped foot in the ring with any top tier guys. Loma and Rigo will be able to prove if they're truly "special" in December. I put more weight on resume than anything. So right now, ward is the only guy in the sport I would consider special. With canelo, Loma, Rigo, Crawford, and Spence as the guys with the potential to be special....ala ATG. Ward has multiple top level scalps on his resume and that's what matters most to me.

What about Rigo's win over Nonito Donaire back when Trinidad James & "All Gold Everything" was banging on the charts?:ohhh:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
What about Rigo's win over Nonito Donaire back when Trinidad James & "All Gold Everything" was banging on the charts?:ohhh:
Nah yea that was huge. But it's been a long time since then. This Loma fight will show me if he's still special. And honestly I always felt nonito was a little overrated. Still a great win regardless, but a Loma win will mean more to me. If either one dominates the other, I'd put em in the special category for sure. Even if it's a close fight with both guys displaying brilliance. Loma can erase that salido L with a convincing win over Rigo. But I'm a resume type of dude. I just can't call somebody special if they don't got a great resume to go with it.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Crawford,Loma, Rigo,Canelo are special

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Why doesn't JCC fight a bum? He can't keep taking L's like this. At least get some wins so you can create the illusion to the disillusioned that he may actually compete vs. quality opponents.

He should face dirrell's uncle instead because that would be a closer match

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Good luck
62df3af34ad7459065a6aaa84ac6253b.png