Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
this was the worst his stamina has ever looked though. and it happened only after 3 rounds of a moderately paced fight. he only threw about 40 punches per round which is right around his average. up to that point it looked like a typical canelo fight. then his energy was just gone completely....it made no sense. that tells me this was possibly a case of overtraining which there were rumors about heading in. I don't expect him to ever have great stamina, but I think anybody can have good stamina. it's just a matter of training properly. delahoya said they hired a new S&C coach for this fight, so maybe it was just a bad fit. at this point, they need to hire a guy who's proven in the sport. somebody like alex ariza who knows how to train fighters specifically. or holler at ward's team for some help. if you wanna be the best in the sport, having great conditioning is a must. if you've had stamina problems for years, then you have to make a change to your routine. but canelo has always had a closed off team. he's kept it the same since he first started boxing as a kid. but if his team really wanna see him reach his max potential they gotta get him some real help in that department. there's just no reason for a 27 year old fighter in his prime to be exhausted after 3 rounds of average paced action. the shyt is a joke. usually fighters lose their energy gradually, but canelo completely hit a wall after the 3rd round. the shyt was insane.
That was odd,,,,,,,,. Not Jean Pascal vs kovalev 2 stamina bad but still concerning.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
just like ward didn't want no more smoke with kovalev right:comeon:......we already know the rematch will happen in may. canelo just doing what A sides do and letting the other side know he's still in control. and just like the kov-ward rematch, canelo will win easily and all the controversy will be deaded for good. canelo will be more comfortable, his hands got time to heal properly, his body will be more adjusted to the weight, and i'm sure they'll make adjustments to their camp. the whole fight will look just like the first 3 rounds last night. with canelo giving little g a boxing lesson. once again, little g's only hope will be that canelo's stamina fails him. which is the only time he was able to compete with canelo on an equal level.:yeshrug:......little g proved to be a warrior, but it's obvious his skill set is nowhere near canelo's.

Waiting 8 months for a rematch when he has the rematch clause is not the same as ward-kovalev.. ward had to comply with the clause or lose his belts...GGG will beat Canelo wider than the next time because he can actually fight hard without needing an oxygen tank. I've said this for years about Canelo. All those fast combinations doesn't mean shyt to me if you have no stamina. He's a tough kid but he's not that special in the ring.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Waiting 8 months for a rematch when he has the rematch clause is not the same as ward-kovalev.. ward had to comply with the clause or lose his belts...GGG will beat Canelo wider than the next time because he can actually fight hard without needing an oxygen tank. I've said this for years about Canelo. All those fast combinations doesn't mean shyt to me if you have no stamina. He's a tough kid but he's not that special in the ring.
define "special"
jut because he's not SRL or Mayweather level he's still an elite fighter of our era, a very few would debate that
You won't get on every P4P lists by accident
every fighter on Canelo's level is "special" to me
Who else could claim even a draw against Golovkin? Jacobs and that's all. Who's the last one who wasn't hurt and KD by Golovkin? Some guy in 2008 when Golovkin was with Universum...
Just because he has an Achilles heel he can be special.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
define "special"
jut because he's not SRL or Mayweather level he's still an elite fighter of our era, a very few would debate that
You won't get on every P4P lists by accident
every fighter on Canelo's level is "special" to me
Who else could claim even a draw against Golovkin? Jacobs and that's all. Who's the last one who wasn't hurt and KD by Golovkin? Some guy in 2008 when Golovkin was with Universum...
Just because he has an Achilles heel he can be special.

upload_2017-9-18_7-1-53.png

literal definition lol...thats not what i see when i see canelo fight..of course that can change if he gets in the mix with the other young prime fighters waiting for him..and jacobs didnt get a draw against GGG breh..he lost on all 3 cards officially

this was a post i made back in 2012 regarding canelo on the looming floyd fight..does that sound like something better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual?..and this is still a thing now except now it takes him 4 rounds lol

upload_2017-9-18_7-11-33.png

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
View attachment 18914

literal definition lol...thats not what i see when i see canelo fight..of course that can change if he gets in the mix with the other young prime fighters waiting for him..and jacobs didnt get a draw against GGG breh..he lost on all 3 cards officially

this was a post i made back in 2012 regarding canelo on the looming floyd fight..does that sound like something better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual?..and this is still a thing now except now it takes him 4 rounds lol

View attachment 18915

he's not better than the usual?

He's in top10 P4P

what's the usual then...?
I really don't get it. Thousands or ten thousands of active boxers in the world right now, how many of them are as good as Canelo?
he's different than the usual cause he's a better boxer than 99% of the active boxers including all the club fighters.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

He's in top10 P4P

I really don't get it. Thousands or ten thousands of active boxers in the world right now, how many of them are as good as Canelo?
he's different than the usual cause he's a better boxer than 99% of the active boxers including all the club fighters.

well thats your opinion breh...i have mine...i also dont think lomachenko is that special either but hes in the p4p 10 for most

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
this was the worst his stamina has ever looked though. and it happened only after 3 rounds of a moderately paced fight. he only threw about 40 punches per round which is right around his average. up to that point it looked like a typical canelo fight. then his energy was just gone completely....it made no sense. that tells me this was possibly a case of overtraining which there were rumors about heading in. I don't expect him to ever have great stamina, but I think anybody can have good stamina. it's just a matter of training properly. delahoya said they hired a new S&C coach for this fight, so maybe it was just a bad fit. at this point, they need to hire a guy who's proven in the sport. somebody like alex ariza who knows how to train fighters specifically. or holler at ward's team for some help. if you wanna be the best in the sport, having great conditioning is a must. if you've had stamina problems for years, then you have to make a change to your routine. but canelo has always had a closed off team. he's kept it the same since he first started boxing as a kid. but if his team really wanna see him reach his max potential they gotta get him some real help in that department. there's just no reason for a 27 year old fighter in his prime to be exhausted after 3 rounds of average paced action. the shyt is a joke. usually fighters lose their energy gradually, but canelo completely hit a wall after the 3rd round. the shyt was insane.
That was odd,,,,,,,,. Not Jean Pascal vs kovalev 2 stamina bad but still concerning.

GGG putting Canelo on his bike did that.

You've never seen Canelo move that much, that early in a fight....GGG made him move out of the threat he posed & Canelo overmoving early.

Its not a mystery why he gassed out faster than he ever did.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
well thats your opinion breh...i have mine...i also dont think lomachenko is that special either but hes in the p4p 10 for most
it's okay breh I just had the problem with the definition, if special is merely better/different than usual then what would be the usual in this case...

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
GGG putting Canelo on his bike did that.

You've never seen Canelo move that much, that early in a fight....GGG made him move out of the threat he posed & Canelo overmoving early.

Its not a mystery why he gassed out faster than he ever did.
nah this was definitely something more to it than just that. he went from full energy to nothing from one moment to the next. but either way, I think he gotta add ariza to the mix. it seems like no trainers like him because he over imposes on their training, but that man knows how to condition boxers. look at maidana from floyd 1 to the rematch. he may not be able to get canelo to that level of stamina, but he could get him to the level he needs to be. canelo with even good stamina is unbeatable at middleweight.

if he don't hire a new S&C coach, I think he just needs to stay in the middle of the ring and be in little g's chest all night. when they were toe to toe, canelo had full control. little g would just shell up and be nervous to exchange. he's better off wasting energy doing damage on the inside than wasting energy with pointless movement. canelo visibly shook little g a few times early. little g was no match in close quarters. canelo just needs to do what he does best. no point trying to be floyd at this point in your career.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

He's in top10 P4P

if canelo isnt special than clearly little g isn't either. canelo just fought the middleweight king to a draw in his first fight there. if canelo isn't special, then no fighter in boxing is except ward.......and to be honest, I have no problem with ward being the standard for what's considered special in the sport.:yeshrug:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Canelo isnt a special fighter breh.
I can't do anything with this statement cause the world "special" just being thrown out there as some hazy phrase without a concrete meaning. If it indeed means better than usual then he's special cause he's better than the vast majority of boxers in the world :yeshrug: he's also p4p top 10 on just about every lists, for me that's special cause that means he's in the narrow elite in the job he does, he belongs to the top 0.something percent of active professional boxers.

I think you and Pat rather define special by whether is he a future ATG material or not or something like that...
Btw he's still only 26-27 there's still room and time for improvement

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
if canelo isnt special than clearly little g isn't either. canelo just fought the middleweight king to a draw in his first fight there. if canelo isn't special, then no fighter in boxing is except ward.......and to be honest, I have no problem with ward being the standard for what's considered special in the sport.:yeshrug:
I can't do anything with this statement cause the world "special" just being thrown out there as some hazy phrase without a concrete meaning. If it indeed means better than usual then he's special cause he's better than the vast majority of boxers in the world :yeshrug: he's also p4p top 10 on just about every lists, for me that's special cause that means he's in the narrow elite in the job he does, he belongs to the top 0.something percent of active professional boxers.

I think you and Pat rather define special by whether is he a future ATG material or not or something like that...
Btw he's still only 26-27 there's still room and time for improvement

What does Canelo do that's special? What makes him different than plenty fighters we've seen before in the last decade alone?

You're talking about right now, but when most people say someone is "special" in Boxing...they are talking about overall (history wise comparison).

Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, and Vasyl Lomachenko are the only special fighters today imo.