Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Photos: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai Comes Home as National Hero
Srisaket Sor Rungvisai was mobbed by a joyous and adoring throng of fans, family and press, on touching down on Thai turf.

He superbly and spectacularly defended his World Boxing Council super flyweight crown by knocking out Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez in the main event of the "SUPERFLY" card at the StubHub Center of Carson, California

With this victory, Sor Rungvisai improved his record to 43-4-1, with 39 knockouts while Gonzalez saw his record adjust to 46-2 with 38 KO's.

Dedicated, delighted, yet still characteristically modest, he said: "It's a pleasure for me to be received in this way. That fight was for my country, dedicated to all Thailand. This triumph was an example of everything is possible if you believe and persevere. I am very grateful for so many blessings."

sor-rungvisai.jpg

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai knocked out Roman Gonzalez in the fourth round last Saturday with a devastating right hook to retain his WBC super flyweight world title in his second straight win over the former champ.

Thailand’s Srisaket knocked ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez down twice in the final round, finishing the challenger off with a right hook with 1:45 to go in the fourth.

Gonzalez, of Nicaragua, stayed on the canvas for a couple of minutes. After rising slowly he had to be helped to his corner stool.

The first knockdown came 42 seconds earlier when southpaw Srisaket landed a similar short right hook to the side of the head. Gonzalez was able to get up at the count of seven and continue — but looked out of sorts.

The 30-year-old Srisaket went to work quickly in the first round, easily landing combinations and body shots — the fruits of months of intense training in the gym for the most important fight of his career.

The Thai dynamo silenced critics who had claimed his majority decision win in the first fight six months ago in New York was a fluke and the result of accidental head butts.

Both fighters came out swinging from the opening bell in Saturday’s 115-pound rematch at the outdoor StubHub Center stadium, as it became apparent in the early rounds that Srisaket was in charge and the fight likely would not go the distance.

Srisaket (44-4-1, 40 KOs) said he wanted to make his country proud.

Gonzalez, who dropped to 46-2 overall, was taken to the hospital immediately after the fight for medical treatment.

He was trying to avenge the only loss of his career against Srisaket but he failed to put up any defense against the onslaught of the Thai’s superior punches.

The former pound-for-pound division king has had several gruelling fights in recent years, which have taken a heavy toll on his 30-year-old body.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Photos: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai Comes Home as National Hero
Srisaket Sor Rungvisai was mobbed by a joyous and adoring throng of fans, family and press, on touching down on Thai turf.

He superbly and spectacularly defended his World Boxing Council super flyweight crown by knocking out Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez in the main event of the "SUPERFLY" card at the StubHub Center of Carson, California

With this victory, Sor Rungvisai improved his record to 43-4-1, with 39 knockouts while Gonzalez saw his record adjust to 46-2 with 38 KO's.

Dedicated, delighted, yet still characteristically modest, he said: "It's a pleasure for me to be received in this way. That fight was for my country, dedicated to all Thailand. This triumph was an example of everything is possible if you believe and persevere. I am very grateful for so many blessings."

sor-rungvisai.jpg

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai knocked out Roman Gonzalez in the fourth round last Saturday with a devastating right hook to retain his WBC super flyweight world title in his second straight win over the former champ.

Thailand’s Srisaket knocked ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez down twice in the final round, finishing the challenger off with a right hook with 1:45 to go in the fourth.

Gonzalez, of Nicaragua, stayed on the canvas for a couple of minutes. After rising slowly he had to be helped to his corner stool.

The first knockdown came 42 seconds earlier when southpaw Srisaket landed a similar short right hook to the side of the head. Gonzalez was able to get up at the count of seven and continue — but looked out of sorts.

The 30-year-old Srisaket went to work quickly in the first round, easily landing combinations and body shots — the fruits of months of intense training in the gym for the most important fight of his career.

The Thai dynamo silenced critics who had claimed his majority decision win in the first fight six months ago in New York was a fluke and the result of accidental head butts.

Both fighters came out swinging from the opening bell in Saturday’s 115-pound rematch at the outdoor StubHub Center stadium, as it became apparent in the early rounds that Srisaket was in charge and the fight likely would not go the distance.

Srisaket (44-4-1, 40 KOs) said he wanted to make his country proud.

Gonzalez, who dropped to 46-2 overall, was taken to the hospital immediately after the fight for medical treatment.

He was trying to avenge the only loss of his career against Srisaket but he failed to put up any defense against the onslaught of the Thai’s superior punches.

The former pound-for-pound division king has had several gruelling fights in recent years, which have taken a heavy toll on his 30-year-old body.
feel good story of the year

#LongLiveKingSor :wow:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
King Sor still not p4p material after back to back wins over the best fighter on the planet:patrice:

Wangek deserves credit for beating Gonzalez in consecutive fights but most observers agree that Gonzalez had moved up one division too many and has shown signs of wear and tear.

And beating Chocalito twice, including via KO, also isn't enough to be ranked the #1 Super Flyweight either huh?:jbhmm:

JUNIOR BANTAMWEIGHT

Another tough decision with which we wrestled was what to do about the top of the 115-pound decision.

Naoya Inoue entered the week at No. 1 and stopped overmatched Antonio Nieves(unrated last week) on the Wangek-Gonzalez card. Wangek was No. 2. Some members of the panel thought his performance should catapult him above Inoue.

However, the Editorial Board decided to leave things alone. Inoue, a strong No. 1, did nothing to lose his position. And, again, while Wangek’s KO was spectacular, we feel it came against a fighter who was at least somewhat damaged.

:jbhmm:

The new RING Top 10 P4P list came out today, RING Ratings Update: Errol Spence enters the P4P Top 10 - The Ring , and:
  1. Andre Ward
  2. Gennady Golovkin
  3. Terence Crawford
  4. Vasyl Lomachenko
  5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
  6. Sergey Kovalev
  7. Canelo Alvarez
  8. Mikey Garcia
  9. Monster Inoue
  10. Errol Spence

Ratings - The Ring

#SOGGang, #PrettyBoys, & #TruthSeekers :ahh:

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
King Sor still not p4p material after back to back wins over the best fighter on the planet:patrice:

And beating Chocalito twice, including via KO, also isn't enough to be ranked the #1 Super Flyweight either huh?:jbhmm:

:jbhmm:

The new RING Top 10 P4P list came out today, RING Ratings Update: Errol Spence enters the P4P Top 10 - The Ring , and:
  1. Andre Ward
  2. Gennady Golovkin
  3. Terence Crawford
  4. Vasyl Lomachenko
  5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
  6. Sergey Kovalev
  7. Canelo Alvarez
  8. Mikey Garcia
  9. Monster Inoue
  10. Errol Spence

Ratings - The Ring

#SOGGang, #PrettyBoys, & #TruthSeekers :ahh:

Sor should be top 10 :francis:
if he'd be GBP he would be in top 5 now :mjlol: fukking promoter shill ass Ring Magazine :camby:

anyway... more importantly he made top 10 on TBRB's list
https://www.tbrb.org/p4p/

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
spence over thurman...nah :hhh:
You dont get on the top ten p4p when you took two arguable losses in breakthrough matches....

Rewatched both Porter and Swift recently, and Porter beat that ass from pillar to post, and swift was the most pointless unfulling match I could recall, no guage on who was better because Thurman was being a running ass nikka, only thing I could guage was Swift was wearing him down and had him terrified out there.

Fukk Thurman, take a year off ducking half the division with a frivolous injury yet is boxing on the street

kobe-bryant-fakkit-o.gif

Fukk you, him and anybody that stands for his kind(Bodie Voice):francis:

giphy.gif

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You dont get on the top ten p4p when you took two arguable losses in breakthrough matches....

Rewatched both Porter and Swift recently, and Porter beat that ass from pillar to post, and swift was the most pointless unfulling match I could recall, no guage on who was better because Thurman was being a running ass nikka, only thing I could guage was Swift was wearing him down and had him terrified out there.

Fukk Thurman, take a year off ducking half the division with a frivolous injury yet is boxing on the street

kobe-bryant-fakkit-o.gif

giphy.gif

Thurman, nor his stans, wanna see him across the ring from Spence:demonic:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

kobe-bryant-fakkit-o.gif

giphy.gif

i dont stan neither but thurman has those wins over porter and swift, he has 2 belts, and has his zero...how is he not ranked over spence in any given rating..whether division or p4p?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Sor should be top 10 :francis:
if he'd be GBP he would be in top 5 now :mjlol: fukking promoter shill ass Ring Magazine :camby:

anyway... more importantly he made top 10 on TBRB's list
https://www.tbrb.org/p4p/

They got LSC as #7 P4P, above Mikey Garcia & Rigo. How LSC is Top 7 p4p to them is :wow: to me. I might have to ask "dont call me breh" about that.

Plus, Monster is still ranked much higher than him at #6 P4P, even though Srisaket is ranked higher than him in the divisional rankings.

There's no consensus P4P, but RING is the one who's p4p status is given the most credence

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i dont stan neither but thurman has those wins over porter and swift, he has 2 belts, and has his zero...how is he not ranked over spence in any given rating..whether division or p4p?

Because Spence's dominant win over Brook was a better win than Thurman's wins over Porter (who Brook also beat easier than Thurman could) and Swift.