Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd Joy would never compete in a Super 6 tourney. Never. Ward moved up and challenged the #1 guy in his prime. Fought him twice too. Meanwhile when Sergio Martinez was in his prime, had good knees and was #1 at 154 Floyd never mentioned his name. Not once.

Ward > Mayweather

This kind of illustrates you don't know what you are talking about. Ward entered the Super 6, as a prospect. Before Floyd became "Money Mayweather," he was very aggressive trying to make the type of fights to get his name out there and enhance his status. If entering a Super 6 style tournament helps him achieve this goal, why wouldn't he do it?

Some of you guys seem to have amnesia regarding Floyd's career when he was "Pretty Boy," or maybe you were too young.

Now Floyd ducked Sergio Martinez? Really?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FLOYD MAYWEATHER SOUNDS OFF ON GOLOVKIN AND ANDRE WARD DOUBLE STANDARD: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET ANDRE WARD BEAT" || FIGHTHYPE.COM
By Ben Thompson | December 04, 2015
floydmayweatherjr29.jpg

"It's crazy how they always say, 'Andre Ward is such a boring fighter. Mayweather is such a boring fighter.' I want to see Triple G fight Andre Ward. I don't want Andre Ward to go up to 175," stated retired undefeated former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who shared his thoughts on what seems to be a double standard when it comes to the careers of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and undefeated former super middleweight king Andre Ward. According to Mayweather, the fact that both men are heading down different paths is not only a disservice to the fighters, but also a disservice to boxing fans around the world.

"Nothing happens over night. Everything takes time. Andre Ward should not go up to light heavyweight. He can go to light heavyweight when they make Triple G come up to fight him at 68. That's the deal I would make. That's what I would do if I was dealing with Andre Ward's career. But, you know, I'm not dealing with his career. I think that his body is so used to fighting at 168. If that's what he's accustomed to, then that's where he should continue to fight at. If the money is not going to be ridiculous, I mean, why go up," Mayweather explained during a recent conversation with FightHype.com. In his opinion, Ward is being forced to move up in weight because HBO is more interested in protecting Golovkin's undefeated record than they are in making a clash between what many consider to be the two best fighters at 160 and 168 pounds.

Mayweather couldn't fathom what Ward was trying to accomplish. He couldn't understand the need to be great, take risks, challenge yourself. He got so used to cherrypicking, aging out fighters, avoiding risk that in his mind there HAD to be a conspiracy going on :mjlol:

Naw son, this is just old school best wanting to be the best by fighting the best. Floyd never understood that. Ward always has. That's why he's faced more prime opponents than Floyd, that's why he's taken more risks than Floyd, and that's why I respect him as a man and a fighter more than I ever did Floyd. Real recognize real, and Floyd couldn't recognize the move to 175 by Ward and the need to challenge the KRUSHER.

But Hopkins understood it.
But RJJ understood it.
But SRL understood it.
But Duran understood it.
But SRR understood it.
But Pacquiao understood it (8 times).
Even Roger Mayweather understood it.
:sas2:

Ward was very reluctant to move up, as he was comfortable staying at 168. He was trying to stay at 168 as long as possible to land fights with JCC Jr and GGG. Floyd was just backing him here. HBO wanted Ward to move up. Ward eventually gave in.

Nygga, you are an awful poster man. Do you even follow the negotiations?

What's next? You are going to post another article to fit your narrative, but not know the backstory?:mjlol:

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Ward was very reluctant to move up, as he was comfortable staying at 168. He was trying to stay at 168 as long as possible to land fights with JCC Jr and GGG. Floyd was just backing him here. HBO wanted Ward to move up. Ward eventually gave in.

Nygga, you are an awful poster man. Do you even follow the negotiations?

What's next? You are going to post another article to fit your narrative, but not know the backstory?:mjlol:

:dahell:? This is an inaccurate post.

Ward was so very reluctant to move up......that when he returned from hiatus, all his fights were at Light Heavyweight?:comeon:

Ward hasn't even fought at 168 since Edwin Rodriguez. Smith, Brand, Barrera, KKKovalev 2x....all at Light Heavyweight, but you're saying he was "trying to stay at 168 as long as possible" as if he wasnt in and out of court proceedings trying to get out of his contract with Goosen. Andre Ward speaks out on Dan Goossen, lawsuit - The Ring :usure:

"HBO wanted Ward to move up. Ward eventually gave in." :forreal:

The hate for SOG is :ahh: bc that means that #1 P4P ranking is settling in and now people are realizing...........there's nothing they can do about it:soggangumad:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:? This is an inaccurate post.

Ward was so very reluctant to move up......that when he returned from hiatus, all his fights were at Light Heavyweight?:comeon:

Ward hasn't even fought at 168 since Edwin Rodriguez. Smith, Brand, Barrera, KKKovalev 2x....all at Light Heavyweight, but you're saying he was "trying to stay at 168 as long as possible" as if he wasnt in and out of court proceedings trying to get out of his contract with Goosen.:usure:

HBO wanted Ward to move to 175 to fight Kovalev. Ward considered it an option, but had his eyes on GGG/JCC Jr. He also took his time making the decision, because he said numerous times that once he moves up to 175, he is not moving back down. He also enjoyed his status as "the man" at 168.

Obviously, he came to the conclusion that 175 was the best option, fought his tuneups, and then fought Kovalev.

What exactly is the debate here?

Disappointing post coming from you, considering you follow the business side of the game. However, you aren't the most objective when it comes to "your guys."

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is that SOG is the best fighter in the world today.

All this arguing about Floyd vs Ward means nothing, because Andre Ward is #1 P4P and that's pretty much all I gotta say about it:manny:

I agree, but shytting on one guy to give props to the other is LAME. Both guys made moves to benefit their career. It's as simple as that.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
HBO wanted Ward to move to 175 to fight Kovalev. Ward considered it an option, but had his eyes on GGG/JCC Jr. He also took his time making the decision, because he said numerous times that once he moves up to 175, he is not moving back down. He also enjoyed his status as "the man" at 168.

Obviously, he came to the conclusion that 175 was the best option, fought his tuneups, and then fought Kovalev.

What exactly is the debate here?

Disappointing post coming from you, considering you follow the business side of the game. However, you aren't the most objective when it comes to "your guys."

HBO didn't force SOG to move up breh. He chose to do so.

"He had his eyes on GGG" and GGG didn't want the fight. And JCC Jr? Roc Nation wasn't going to negotiate a fight vs a Haymon fighter. So, staying at 168 would've accomplished what for him in your opinion?

Like, I really don't know what tangent you going on here. You're acting like Ward made the wrong decision or something:dwillhuh:

He moved up and beat the #3 P4P fighter......twice. We good over here in #SOGGang breh.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO didn't force SOG to move up breh. He chose to do so.

"He had his eyes on GGG" and GGG didn't want the fight. And JCC Jr? Roc Nation wasn't going to negotiate a fight vs a Haymon fighter. So, staying at 168 would've accomplished what for him in your opinion?

Like, I really don't know what tangent you going on here. You're acting like Ward made the wrong decision or something:dwillhuh:

He moved up and beat the #3 P4P fighter......twice. We good over here in #SOGGang breh.

Ward made the correct decision. You don't seem to understand, because you aren't following the context of the argument between Mr Leonidas and myself. You are just jumping to Ward's defense, as usual, just to jump in.

Obviously you are confused, because nothing negative was said about him.

This is more about his statement "Floyd has no balls, he's not Ward, blah blah blah" when in reality, Ward has managed his career VERY meticulously.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ward made the correct decision. You don't seem to understand, because you aren't following the context of the argument between Mr Leonidas and myself. You are just jumping to Ward's defense, as usual, just to jump in.

Obviously you are confused, because nothing negative was said about him.

This is more about his statement "Floyd has no balls, he's not Ward, blah blah blah" when in reality, Ward has managed his career VERY meticulously

Because I do not care about Floyd vs Ward arguments.

Floyd is the best of his era, and Ward is the best fighter to debut since 2000. The both are ATGs, so disparaging Floyd (on behalf of SOG) is something Im not interested in doing today since Floyd just made history a couple weeks ago:manny:

Im jumping in to say, what you posted was incorrect, because Ward himself doesn't feel he was forced to move up...or he would've said it. Instead, he said he prayed on it and came to the decision. You acted as if he was "waiting on GGG & JCC Jr" when he wasn't. He was going through court proceedings at the time. GGG was never going to fight him and neither was JCC Jr because he was with Haymon, and RNS/Haymon wont work together.

That's all I have to say about that. You can continue your Floyd/Ward argument w/ Leonidas, I don't care about that.:yeshrug:

SOG is #1 P4P and is the best fighter since 2004 period. That's good enough for me:hubie:

#SOGGang

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because I do not care about Floyd vs Ward arguments.

Floyd is the best of his era, and Ward is the best fighter to debut since 2000. The both are ATGs, so disparaging Floyd (on behalf of SOG) is something Im not interested in doing today since Floyd just made history a couple weeks ago:manny:

Im jumping in to say, what you posted was incorrect, because Ward himself doesn't feel he was forced to move up...or he would've said it. Instead, he said he prayed on it and came to the decision. You acted as if he was "waiting on GGG & JCC Jr" when he wasn't. He was going through court proceedings at the time. GGG was never going to fight him and neither was JCC Jr because he was with Haymon, and RNS/Haymon wont work together.

That's all I have to say about that. You can continue your Floyd/Ward argument w/ Leonidas, I don't care about that.:yeshrug:

SOG is #1 P4P and is the best fighter since 2004 period. That's good enough for me:hubie:

#SOGGang

The post wasn't incorrect at all. Ward eventually moving to 175 was inevitable, however it was rather the timing of it. He was still cool with being at 168. We will agree to disagree. The information is out there.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Floyd Joy would never compete in a Super 6 tourney. Never. Ward moved up and challenged the #1 guy in his prime. Fought him twice too. Meanwhile when Sergio Martinez was in his prime, had good knees and was #1 at 154 Floyd never mentioned his name. Not once.

Ward > Mayweather
Sergio has Cotto problems breh......:scust:

Recalls trying to school you Marvilla was chinny ducking ass champ who was never at the elite level.....Possible roider

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
FLOYD MAYWEATHER SOUNDS OFF ON GOLOVKIN AND ANDRE WARD DOUBLE STANDARD: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET ANDRE WARD BEAT" || FIGHTHYPE.COM
By Ben Thompson | December 04, 2015
floydmayweatherjr29.jpg

"It's crazy how they always say, 'Andre Ward is such a boring fighter. Mayweather is such a boring fighter.' I want to see Triple G fight Andre Ward. I don't want Andre Ward to go up to 175," stated retired undefeated former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who shared his thoughts on what seems to be a double standard when it comes to the careers of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and undefeated former super middleweight king Andre Ward. According to Mayweather, the fact that both men are heading down different paths is not only a disservice to the fighters, but also a disservice to boxing fans around the world.

"Nothing happens over night. Everything takes time. Andre Ward should not go up to light heavyweight. He can go to light heavyweight when they make Triple G come up to fight him at 68. That's the deal I would make. That's what I would do if I was dealing with Andre Ward's career. But, you know, I'm not dealing with his career. I think that his body is so used to fighting at 168. If that's what he's accustomed to, then that's where he should continue to fight at. If the money is not going to be ridiculous, I mean, why go up," Mayweather explained during a recent conversation with FightHype.com. In his opinion, Ward is being forced to move up in weight because HBO is more interested in protecting Golovkin's undefeated record than they are in making a clash between what many consider to be the two best fighters at 160 and 168 pounds.

Mayweather couldn't fathom what Ward was trying to accomplish. He couldn't understand the need to be great, take risks, challenge yourself. He got so used to cherrypicking, aging out fighters, avoiding risk that in his mind there HAD to be a conspiracy going on :mjlol:

Naw son, this is just old school best wanting to be the best by fighting the best. Floyd never understood that. Ward always has. That's why he's faced more prime opponents than Floyd, that's why he's taken more risks than Floyd, and that's why I respect him as a man and a fighter more than I ever did Floyd. Real recognize real, and Floyd couldn't recognize the move to 175 by Ward and the need to challenge the KRUSHER.

But Hopkins understood it.
But RJJ understood it.
But SRL understood it.
But Duran understood it.
But SRR understood it.
But Pacquiao understood it (8 times).
Even Roger Mayweather understood it.
:sas2:

Ward got the shyt boxed out of him fight one......And was losing by 2-3 rounds against KKK before he left off a nut sho trifector, and KKK decided to sit his ass down.......

Whole Saga gets a *****; props to making KKK quit, still not sure he's better.....KKK clearly aint train and had zero on his shots fight 2, yet still he was still winning rounds......KKK missed his shot Ward got better in tasting defeat....