Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Why would it come to an end???

:boss: Sor
The king shall ride victorious once again. Long live the king
full

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I wouldn't be surprised if Skeete actually beat Horn. Dude can box and should be undefeated, but they robbed him against Frankie Gavin.
i want him too but skeete is not the biggest guy or a hard enough puncher to keep horn at bay..and you know horn will be like light heavyweight size fight night

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm glad the King Sor arc of the Ring is coming to an end this weekend :mjgrin:

so many detractors...were you not entertained back in march by the steely determination of King Sor to take it to the then #1 p4p fighter in boxing in Chocolatito in a top 3 FOTY candidate for this year and emerge victorious in the end

Long live King Sor - the #1 P4P champion

images

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Why would it come to an end???

:boss: Sor

The king shall ride victorious once again. Long live the king
full

so many detractors...were you not entertained back in march by the steely determination of King Sor to take it to the then #1 p4p fighter in boxing in Chocolatito in a top 3 FOTY candidate for this year and emerge victorious in the end

Long live King Sor - the #1 P4P champion

images
:beli: like I said, I can't wait til his arc in The Ring ends this weekend.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
funny

What did I say that was negative?

Part of boxing, is managing your career and putting yourself in the best position possible to succeed. If you follow Ward's career, he will negotiate to get everything in his favor. That's what you are suppose to do during negotiations. It's business. I have no problem with the way he moves.

My issue with YOUR comment is that you stated "I wish Floyd had the balls Ward did." That statement is kind of a head scratcher. Look at the way Ward has managed his career. One could argue that Ward has handled his career more meticulously than Mayweather. That's why your comment came off as a joke.

I hate when these two get compared, because the expectations aren't really even.

Floyd Joy would never compete in a Super 6 tourney. Never. Ward moved up and challenged the #1 guy in his prime. Fought him twice too. Meanwhile when Sergio Martinez was in his prime, had good knees and was #1 at 154 Floyd never mentioned his name. Not once.

Ward > Mayweather

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Floyd Joy would never compete in a Super 6 tourney. Never. Ward moved up and challenged the #1 guy in his prime. Fought him twice too. Meanwhile when Sergio Martinez was in his prime, had good knees and was #1 at 154 Floyd never mentioned his name. Not once.

Ward > Mayweather

There's not a person in world that'll cosign this foolishness

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
There's not a person in world that'll cosign this foolishness

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SOUNDS OFF ON GOLOVKIN AND ANDRE WARD DOUBLE STANDARD: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET ANDRE WARD BEAT" || FIGHTHYPE.COM
By Ben Thompson | December 04, 2015
floydmayweatherjr29.jpg

"It's crazy how they always say, 'Andre Ward is such a boring fighter. Mayweather is such a boring fighter.' I want to see Triple G fight Andre Ward. I don't want Andre Ward to go up to 175," stated retired undefeated former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who shared his thoughts on what seems to be a double standard when it comes to the careers of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and undefeated former super middleweight king Andre Ward. According to Mayweather, the fact that both men are heading down different paths is not only a disservice to the fighters, but also a disservice to boxing fans around the world.

"Nothing happens over night. Everything takes time. Andre Ward should not go up to light heavyweight. He can go to light heavyweight when they make Triple G come up to fight him at 68. That's the deal I would make. That's what I would do if I was dealing with Andre Ward's career. But, you know, I'm not dealing with his career. I think that his body is so used to fighting at 168. If that's what he's accustomed to, then that's where he should continue to fight at. If the money is not going to be ridiculous, I mean, why go up," Mayweather explained during a recent conversation with FightHype.com. In his opinion, Ward is being forced to move up in weight because HBO is more interested in protecting Golovkin's undefeated record than they are in making a clash between what many consider to be the two best fighters at 160 and 168 pounds.

Mayweather couldn't fathom what Ward was trying to accomplish. He couldn't understand the need to be great, take risks, challenge yourself. He got so used to cherrypicking, aging out fighters, avoiding risk that in his mind there HAD to be a conspiracy going on :mjlol:

Naw son, this is just old school best wanting to be the best by fighting the best. Floyd never understood that. Ward always has. That's why he's faced more prime opponents than Floyd, that's why he's taken more risks than Floyd, and that's why I respect him as a man and a fighter more than I ever did Floyd. Real recognize real, and Floyd couldn't recognize the move to 175 by Ward and the need to challenge the KRUSHER.

But Hopkins understood it.
But RJJ understood it.
But SRL understood it.
But Duran understood it.
But SRR understood it.
But Pacquiao understood it (8 times).
Even Roger Mayweather understood it.
:sas2: