Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I see horn got himself a soft touch for his first title defense. Arum definitely has some sort of plan for him.
Yeah, not to fight anyone with a pulse. Pac would have him in a rematch (he won the first one going away to me), Matthyse would be a serious problem as a mandatory, and Vargas was too live.
Horn is going to have me rooting for him to lose, just like BJS.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah, not to fight anyone with a pulse. Pac would have him in a rematch (he won the first one going away to me), Matthyse would be a serious problem as a mandatory, and Vargas was too live.
Horn is going to have me rooting for him to lose, just like BJS.

couldn't agree more..horn is on borrowed time with that belt

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of SOG...

Tony Bellew is Confident: Andre Ward's Style Can't Beat Me!

By Ryan Burton

In the post fight press conference after his eight round knockout of Sergey Kovalev in June, IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight champion Andre Ward stated that he was interested in moving up to the cruiserweight division or possibly even the heavyweight division.

Names like WBA/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew were mentioned as possible opponents.

In a recent interview with BoxingScene.com, Ward confirmed that negotiations for a Bellew fight have taken place and that he would want the fight at the 200 pound cruiserweight weight limit.

ward-bellew_1.jpg

Bellew also said confirmed the negotiations and he is very confident that he his skills would be too much for the American.

Bellew moved up to the heavyweight division back in March, and pulled off a shocking stoppage of David Haye, but says he's willing to drop back to the cruiserweight division to make the Ward fight happen.

"I like the fight. I got a lot of respect for Dre. He is a brilliant fighter but he wouldn't beat me. It is as simple as that. It ain't just about strength and size. He just wouldn't beat me. His style and what he does well would not defeat what I do well. Mine and his style wouldn't gel great but he wouldn't beat me," Bellew told BoxingScene.com.

As for his other options, Bellew said that he is interested in facing WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker provided he gets past Hughie Fury in September. Bellew said that Fury is still an unknown commodity and isn't sure how that fight will play out.

"I don't know. We don't know how good Hughie Fury is. Let's be honest he hasn't beaten anyone of note yet," said Bellew.

Tony Bellew is Confident: Andre Ward's Style Can't Beat Me! - Boxing News

Go get that money SOG, your legacy is already set:soggangumad:

#SOGGang

:soggang:
The last time they faced off, SOG got a broken jaw. Let's just take this easy :whoa:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not even trying to hear this Ward to cw/hw talk.

The best available fight is Stevenson. What Stevenson needs to do is get a fight scheduled, win impressively, & start talking shyt. Sell the hell out of a Ward-Stevenson fight to the public.

The day Ward signs to fight a CW/HW lets you know his retirement is near.

I would still like to him in some really good fights. He's had a very weird career. He entered the Super 6 as a prospect, won the tournament, and then beat Dawson. A lot of his real success was from 09-12. After Dawson, he was pretty much in uninteresting fights until he signed on to fight Kovalev. Based on all those years of just meaningless fights, it would be good to see some good fights put together imo.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So all that aint hating son. No hate here. Ive always been a fan of Ward. I never held him to Floyd standards cuz Floyd standards are no/minimal risk, maximum reward. I wish Floyd had the balls that Ward does. I hold Ward to his own standards, the standards he set in his own career, of ALWAYS fighting the best and taking risks. And going along with that mantra, fighting PotBellyewww is a disappointment (unless its to acclimate himself at the weight and prepare for the #1 guy, but Team Ward hasn't stated that).

This is complete bullshyt. Prior to the Kovalev fight, Ward did nothing but fight guys that had a ZERO chance of beating him. Beating Kovalev doesn't change the fact that his last real opponent prior to that was Dawson in 2012.

There's not even a comparison when it comes to resumes here. I like Ward a lot, but yall nyggas seem to have short terms memories. Ward "plays the game" with the best of them. How is this overlooked? He does a great job getting every advantage in his favor. His demand of fighting in the US for the entire Super 6 is brilliant.

I have no problem with guys negotiating in their favor before a fight, as this is a business. Let's just not act like Ward doesn't play the businessman boxer.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
This is complete bullshyt. Prior to the Kovalev fight, Ward did nothing but fight guys that had a ZERO chance of beating him. Beating Kovalev doesn't change the fact that his last real opponent prior to that was Dawson in 2012.

There's not even a comparison when it comes to resumes here. I like Ward a lot, but yall nyggas seem to have short terms memories. Ward "plays the game" with the best of them. How is this overlooked? He does a great job getting every advantage in his favor. His demand of fighting in the US for the entire Super 6 is brilliant.

I have no problem with guys negotiating in their favor before a fight, as this is a business. Let's just not act like Ward doesn't play the businessman boxer.

I don't know who you are fam, but you're a brave one for saying anything remotely negative about Ward with all the SOGGang members on here. So I'll let @Newzz @BlackManLiveFromLondon @krackdagawd @HeruDat handle this :mjgrin:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know who you are fam, but you're a brave one for saying anything remotely negative about Ward with all the SOGGang members on here. So I'll let @Newzz @BlackManLiveFromLondon @krackdagawd @HeruDat handle this :mjgrin:

funny

What did I say that was negative?

Part of boxing, is managing your career and putting yourself in the best position possible to succeed. If you follow Ward's career, he will negotiate to get everything in his favor. That's what you are suppose to do during negotiations. It's business. I have no problem with the way he moves.

My issue with YOUR comment is that you stated "I wish Floyd had the balls Ward did." That statement is kind of a head scratcher. Look at the way Ward has managed his career. One could argue that Ward has handled his career more meticulously than Mayweather. That's why your comment came off as a joke.

I hate when these two get compared, because the expectations aren't really even.

Last edited: