Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You're all acting like its easy to just move up to Cruiserweight and beat the champ there without having a tune up fight.

only the ppl that dont know and/or take that division seriously think that way...but the talk it seems is ward just fighting there and seemingly never facing any of the champions there..which is odd

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
You're all acting like its easy to just move up to Cruiserweight and beat the champ there without having a tune up fight.

Just be appreciative of the fact that an already great fighter wants to challenge himself unlike some of your favourites today that are weight bullying in their primes :mjlol: :mjpls:

Ward was the one who said he'd only fight Bellew if it was for a title. So he wants to fight champs. Bellew aint a champ there tho. And I agree with you 100%. But Ward nor his team have stated they would fight anyone else besides Bellew. I believe they said theyd move to cruiser against Bellew and then to heavy against Joshua. But I'm perfectly fine with a few cruiser fights before going for the tourney winner.

Daps
Ward was the one who said he'd only fight Bellew if it was for a title. So he wants to fight champs. Bellew aint a champ there tho. And I agree with you 100%. But Ward nor his team have stated they would fight anyone else besides Bellew. I believe they said theyd move to cruiser against Bellew and then to heavy against Joshua. But I'm perfectly fine with a few cruiser fights before going for the tourney winner.

He is a champion

the emeritus champion :mjgrin:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
only the ppl that dont know and/or take that division seriously think that way...but the talk it seems is ward just fighting there and seemingly never facing any of the champions there..which is odd

Not in his very first fight with a 25lb weight jump.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Fam it was Ward and his coach calling out Joshua. And for the record RJJ was willing to fight Tyson and Holyfield but negotiations fell apart.

The money is worth the risk vs Joshua & Bellew. The reward is worth it vs Parker.

Fighting anyone else above 175 is pointless:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fam it was Ward and his coach calling out Joshua. And for the record RJJ was willing to fight Tyson and Holyfield but negotiations fell apart.

That was dumb of Virgil N Ward they were feeling themselves after ko kovalev:manny:

Right but Tyson N Holyfield were both :flabbynsick: N neither were undefeated 6'6 with 100% ko or 6'7 with 97% ko.... big difference...these heavyweights ain't Roy's heavies

Like I said I don't fukk with SOG but ima try to keep it as fair with the expectations of him as possible as if I stanned him

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Speaking of SOG...

Tony Bellew is Confident: Andre Ward's Style Can't Beat Me!

By Ryan Burton

In the post fight press conference after his eight round knockout of Sergey Kovalev in June, IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight champion Andre Ward stated that he was interested in moving up to the cruiserweight division or possibly even the heavyweight division.

Names like WBA/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew were mentioned as possible opponents.

In a recent interview with BoxingScene.com, Ward confirmed that negotiations for a Bellew fight have taken place and that he would want the fight at the 200 pound cruiserweight weight limit.

ward-bellew_1.jpg

Bellew also said confirmed the negotiations and he is very confident that he his skills would be too much for the American.

Bellew moved up to the heavyweight division back in March, and pulled off a shocking stoppage of David Haye, but says he's willing to drop back to the cruiserweight division to make the Ward fight happen.

"I like the fight. I got a lot of respect for Dre. He is a brilliant fighter but he wouldn't beat me. It is as simple as that. It ain't just about strength and size. He just wouldn't beat me. His style and what he does well would not defeat what I do well. Mine and his style wouldn't gel great but he wouldn't beat me," Bellew told BoxingScene.com.

As for his other options, Bellew said that he is interested in facing WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker provided he gets past Hughie Fury in September. Bellew said that Fury is still an unknown commodity and isn't sure how that fight will play out.

"I don't know. We don't know how good Hughie Fury is. Let's be honest he hasn't beaten anyone of note yet," said Bellew.

Tony Bellew is Confident: Andre Ward's Style Can't Beat Me! - Boxing News

Go get that money SOG, your legacy is already set:soggangumad:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

*drake voice* Adrien Broner with the dance moves:abyoumad:

And then lil bro letting them hands go:abyoumad:

#BabyBillions

:aboutbillions:

Daps
I see horn got himself a soft touch for his first title defense. Arum definitely has some sort of plan for him.

Jeff 'The Hitman' Horn is just trying to turn Brisbane into the mecca of boxing :wow:

We aint worried about these pump faking we'll-fight-pacquiao-anytime ass welterweights we'll deal with them in the new year

#HornetGang :violent::boss: