Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Kang chit

mortalkombatanimation-17.gif

He needs an entrance theme fit for royalty .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Haha. Unless Gonzalez developed some sort of defense, he's getting pounded again Saturday night. Dude is on borrowed time. Whether it's this fight or one of the next few he'll have, he's getting slumped.

:boss: Sor

this...now i gave that fight to chocolatito by 2 rounds but it wasn't like he was boxing king sor up..he stood in the line of fire and brawled with him and made it much more closer than it been..esp with the knockdown he suffered..and his last couple of fights were of the same vein esp the cuadras fight..plus he's in a division where its clear he has reached his physical ceiling without altering his style of fighting to be more defensive...i like chocolatito but he is shaving years off his career

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Listen to Jesse Hart explain what happened in the video breh....he didn't take the fight lightly. He's saying that his fight was tough just like Ali/Cooper, Floyd/Augustus, Ward/Boone.

He said he didn't expect Johnson to be that tough at all bc of his record, basically what you're saying now by soley going off of Johnson's record:manny:

Its on you though. I have no problem with Quillin facing a tough journeyman to knock off of 2 years ring rust....especially one who almost KOd Jesse Hart:hubie:

I heard what he said bruh. I just don't believe him. My personal belief is those fights were tough for Ali, Mayweather and Hart cuz they took the opponents likely once they saw the records. And then out of nowhere they suddenly found themselves in a real fight. The lesson they all learned was to take every opponent seriously. And lets not act like Jesse Hart is some phenom. Good prospect. That about it cuz like you said, he did get dropped by a journeyman. His first real "test" is Ramirez.

But like u said, coming off a 2 year layoff, a journeyman with 21 losses and 7 kos makes sense especially considering Quillin was doing the Money dance last time he was in the ring.

Last edited:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Bellew is the biggest name in the Cruiserweight division. Ward knows that thats a guaranteed payday in the UK and hes always wanted to fight here again.

Only from a commercial standpoint and even then, not even. Haye was the draw when he fought Bellew. The Brits come out in general for their fighters. My overall point about that tho is that the Ward I know doesn't chase easy money fights. He fights the best cuz he is the best. I just hope he finishes his career as strongly as he has been doing.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I heard what he said bruh. I just don't believe him. My personal belief is those fights were tough for Ali, Mayweather and Hart cuz they took the opponents likely once they saw the records. And then out of nowhere they suddenly found themselves in a real fight. The lesson they all learned was to take every opponent seriously. And lets not act like Jesse Hart is some phenom. Good prospect. That about it cuz like you said, he didn't get dropped by a journeyman. His first real "test" is Ramirez.

But like u said, coming off a 2 year layoff, a journeyman with 21 losses and 7 kos makes sense especially considering Quillin was doing the Money dance last time he was in the ring.
Danny Jacobs was on his head from the opening bell. shyt was sad to watch.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Mr Leonidas still throwing shots at TMT it aint our fault ya mans ran from body shots :francis:

First off tag me right fam. And secondly cut it out. I'm not a fanboy fuccboi like you and most on here. I just keep it real. I love boxing above any 1 particular boxer. And considering I have all of Mayweather and Wards fights and have seen them fight live more than you, Id say I'm more TMT and SOGGang than you are :umad:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Only from a commercial standpoint and even then, not even. Haye was the draw when he fought Bellew. The Brits come out in general for their fighters. My overall point about that tho is that the Ward I know doesn't chase easy money fights. He fights the best cuz he is the best. I just hope he finishes his career as strongly as he has been doing.
I feel like after he beats Stevenson he can do whatever he wants. What's the point in going out and killing yourself at the very end for little money. He would have cleaned out two divisions and fought at 32 lbs above his best fighting weight.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
I feel like after he beats Stevenson he can do whatever he wants. What's the point in going out and killing yourself at the very end for little money. He would have cleaned out two divisions and fought at 32 lbs above his best fighting weight.

Are you saying you don't think Ward could do the same at cruiserweight?

Should he take easy fights from here on out?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
this...now i gave that fight to chocolatito by 2 rounds but it wasn't like he was boxing king sor up..he stood in the line of fire and brawled with him and made it much more closer than it been..esp with the knockdown he suffered..and his last couple of fights were of the same vein esp the cuadras fight..plus he's in a division where its clear he has reached his physical ceiling without altering his style of fighting to be more defensive...i like chocolatito but he is shaving years off his career
I agree. I gave him both the Cuadras and Sor fights, but they were tight and he didn't look overly impressive. Been getting that feeling that Chocolatito is going to get real old in the ring one of these days. HBO will probably act shocked like he got upset, but it seems like we are on the same page...it is coming.