Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
@Mr. Leonidas coming through with a haters classic on SOG.....he really is getting the new Floyd standards.

"He'd beat Beterbiev but he'd never step in the ring with him" repeat statement from kkkovalev era
"Yea he'll move up to CW or HW, but he's gonna take easy fights there, and not the best" no need to explain why this is 100% hate

:camby: c'mon breh you better than this

:stopitslime:

Are you serious son? You must be dyslexic cuz you literally took everything I said and twisted it around.

I'm not sure what youre confused about, so Ill clarify what I said and what you paraphrased:

1. From a business standpoint, I don't see Ward stepping in the ring with Beterbiev because its high risk/ low reward. High risk because Beterbiev is younger and more powerful, great amateur pedigree, and more natural at the weight. Its low reward because Beterbiev brings nothing to the table financially or commercially. A win over Beterbiev doesn't enhance Wards legacy either cuz again, nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans know who Beterbiev is. Team Ward would only advise him to take the fight if it made sense and they needed to, and none of those apply at this moment. Of course Ward would be favored to win that fight, and id pick him to win as well as Beterbiev's opposition thus far hasn't been the best and when compared to Wards resume, there is no contest. All that isn't hating son, that's just boxing business and logic.

2. None of the above applied to the KRUSHER, so that cant be a repeat statement. KRUSHER had the resume, the titles, the backing of HBO, and was the #1 fighter in the division. I never questioned whether Ward would fight him cuz Ward called him out before he even moved up. I only questioned if he could win, and as ya know I favored KRUSHER both times. It made sense for Ward to fight KRUSHER and he got full respect and props for doing so. All that aint hating son, that's just boxing business and logic.

3. I never said Ward would move up to cruiser or heavy, him and his team did. I never said he'd move up to take easy fights either. I also didn't say Ward would fight PotBellyewww, him and his team did. What I actually did say was that considering Ward fought the best at 168, then moved up and fought the best 175lber, I would expect or rather hope that he'd move up and continue the trend of fighting the best. His team has stated they'd fight Joshua, who is the best heavyweight in the world. But then they said theyd move to cruiser first and fight PotBellyewww and what I questioned is why not move up and fight the best cruiser, which is Usyk. The cruiser tourney is about to commence and the best cruiser will be the winner. I haven't heard Ward or his team state that theyd like to fight the winner, I haven't heard Ward or his team state theyd like to fight Usyk, the only name mentioned was PotBellyewww. It would be one thing if they said we'll fight him and then go after the #1 cruiser but they haven't said that.

So all that aint hating son. No hate here. Ive always been a fan of Ward. I never held him to Floyd standards cuz Floyd standards are no/minimal risk, maximum reward. I wish Floyd had the balls that Ward does. I hold Ward to his own standards, the standards he set in his own career, of ALWAYS fighting the best and taking risks. And going along with that mantra, fighting PotBellyewww is a disappointment (unless its to acclimate himself at the weight and prepare for the #1 guy, but Team Ward hasn't stated that).

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Dashon Jackson almost beat Jesse Hart though, so its good work to come back off 21 months ring rust against:hubie:

:comeon: Even tho Dashon has 21 LOSSES fam? I know double end bags that could provide more resistance than this guy will. :snoop:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps

:youngsabo:
He knew he fukked up

Them shots were brutal sounding. :scust:
youngins dont know nothing bout going hard to the body. :ohlawd: Once you level up from slap boxing :wow:
spence need to curb the fukkery like that...before he injures somebody and has to come up off some money in a lawsuit

:gucci: WHAT THE fukk IS THIS shyt!?!?!

:russell: THIS shyt IS UNNACCETPALE BEHAVIOR FROM A PROFESSIONAL CHAMPION AND FUTURE GOAT!!!!

:damn: WHY WERENT THE WATSON TWINS THERE TO PREVENT THIS BUFFOONERY!?!?!?

Haymon needs to get Spence on the phone immediately and put an end to all this hood behavior!

....but dammit, Spence is literally the Prince that was Promised. Everything Floyd wasn't. The future of the sport is in great hands. Plus my nikka did that whole thing in chancletas:banderas:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: Even tho Dashon has 21 LOSSES fam? I know double end bags that could provide more resistance than this guy will. :snoop:

Yeah...with 21 losses.

Try and watch his fight with Jesse Hart, and then you'll see that he's not as bad as his record seems:

It's a passable fight for Quillin coming back off almost 2 year layoff.

Last edited:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Yeah...with 21 losses.

Try and watch his fight with Jesse Hart, and then you'll see that he's not as bad as his record seems:

Naw fam. Naw. My man got 7KOs too. If Hart had a tough time with that guy, either he aint as good as I previously thought or like Floyd did with Augustus, saw the dudes record and took the fight lightly and almost paid for it.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Naw fam. Naw. My man got 7KOs too. If Hart had a tough time with that guy, either he aint as good as I previously thought or like Floyd did with Augustus, saw the dudes record and took the fight lightly and almost paid for it.

Listen to Jesse Hart explain what happened in the video breh....he didn't take the fight lightly. He's saying that his fight was tough just like Ali/Cooper, Floyd/Augustus, Ward/Boone.

He said he didn't expect Johnson to be that tough at all bc of his record, basically what you're saying now by soley going off of Johnson's record:manny:

Its on you though. I have no problem with Quillin facing a tough journeyman to knock off of 2 years ring rust....especially one who almost KOd Jesse Hart:hubie:

Daps
I can almost guarantee Ward NEVER even mentions Beterbiev's name much less steps in the ring with him. Too much risk and zero reward. Cuz Beterbiev will not gas, he will not get emo and flustered, and his team won't fall apart internally...

...but if they ever fought, my $ is on SOG unless Beterbiev fights someone with a pulse in the top 5 and beats them handily. He's too unproven and his comp been basura.

Here's my question to you tho- Ward and his team have mentioned Joshua as an opponent. Yet when they talk about moving to cruiserweight, which is waaaaay more realistic than heavyweight, they only bring up 1 name- Bellew.

Why is that? Theres a cruiserweight tourney about to start with literally the top 6 cruiserweights in the world. Why not target the winner of that tourney, who will obviously be #1? Why target a bum who isn't even in the top 10? Wouldn't you rather he face Usyk which is naturally the more significant challenge?

Bellew is the biggest name in the Cruiserweight division. Ward knows that thats a guaranteed payday in the UK and hes always wanted to fight here again.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

Kang chit

mortalkombatanimation-17.gif

I'm ready for Chocolatito to get this 1 hit wonder the fukk outta here:camby:

"Kang Sor" jokes had a spark when they started :flabbynsick:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I'm ready for Chocolatito to get this 1 hit wonder the fukk outta here:camby:

"Kang Sor" jokes had a spark when they started :flabbynsick:

Haha. Unless Gonzalez developed some sort of defense, he's getting pounded again Saturday night. Dude is on borrowed time. Whether it's this fight or one of the next few he'll have, he's getting slumped.

:boss: Sor

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Man Froch is the biggest sour grapes chatty patty since he retired. I can't take anything he says seriously (not in a lying way, but in a who gives a fukk way) because all he does is complain about other fighters, make excuses for his losses, and shyt on anyone who has accomplishments that threaten his.

Froch knows the truth. GGG was searching for an opponent to get his first big elite event and after JCC fell through they had been hollering at Froch for a UK fight. Froch kept playing the I am retiring, well maybe not, game in the media. GGG's team offered to fight him and wanted to negotiate. Froch never seemed to respond immediately, but then said I plan on retiring, but "if" I were to fight GGG it would have to be at 171.

fukk out of here Carl Froch. You had a good career, now we don't want your opinions anymore. :camby: