Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall gotta be kidding with this khan broner shyt
one uppercut or focused hook from broner=game over for khan, by the 4th round when adrien has khans timing down and can land one of those 7 punch combos khan would be done

like I said if I had to put money on it I would edge toward Broner, but dudes are acting as If it would be a forgone conclusion and it would be a walk over.....Khan is a step up no matter how much dudes want to hate on him

Khan was murdering Garcia before he got hit....If he had stuck to his gameplan and not tried to mix it up he wouldnt have lost....

Khan will take the first three rounds against Broner maybe four after that I think it will be all Broner.....

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
On Tuesday at the weekly WBC press meeting, WBC president Jose Sulaiman said that according to the regulations former WBC champion Abner Mares becomes the official challenger of the current WBC world featherweight champion Daniel Ponce De Leon. Sulaiman insisted that when a world champion vacates a belt to move up in weight he immediately becomes mandatory challenger. It’s also known that Golden Boy Promotions is interested in a Ponce De Leon-Mares matchup with a possible date in May.

No.......that's........:to:...........that's not fair...........what about Jhonny :to:

I fukking HATE the WBC, b :sadcam:

One thing is clear -- heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko will not be fighting on April 6, as was originally planned.

With time growing short to promote the event for that date and an opponent still not set, Klitschko is looking to move to May 4. There are two possible opponents at the top of the list for his 14th title defense: 6-foot-5, 243-pound Francesco Pianeta (28-0-1, 15 KOs), a 28-year-old southpaw from Italy who lives in Germany, and 6-2, 225-pound Bryant Jennings (16-0, 8 KOs) of Philadelphia.

The opponent Klitschko (59-3, 50 KOs) picks, however, likely comes down to the American television deal on the table. From what my sources tell me, if HBO ponies up, Klitschko will fight Jennings (a more recognizable name to American fans than Pianeta). Whether HBO would buy the fight on May 4, however, was dependent on which network Floyd Mayweather Jr. picked for his next fight.

Mayweather picked Showtime PPV on Tuesday for his May 4 fight against Robert Guerrero. It sounds odd that a Klitschko fight would depend on Mayweather, but always remember that in the boxing business things are usually not done in a vacuum. A lot of what happens is interconnected.

Had Mayweather picked HBO PPV, I am told HBO would have bought Klitschko-Jennings and aired it live from Europe in the afternoon, using the telecast to help promote Mayweather's pay-per-view that evening.

However, with Mayweather going to Showtime PPV for May, I am told HBO will back off and not put on a boxing event that day, which means Klitschko likely will wind up on Epix (which pays less money than HBO), which means it's probably more likely he'll face Pianeta.

The interesting thing about a possible Klitschko-Jennings fight is that Jennings will soon be ordered to fight Kubrat Pulev in a title eliminator to determine Klitschko's mandatory challenger because Tomasz Adamek declined to fight Pulev for the No. 1 position. By skipping the eliminator and going into a title fight, Jennings and promoter Russell Peltz have far less leverage to make a deal -- if one is even offered now with HBO seemingly out. If he gets the fight with Klitschko as an optional opponent, Jennings would be looking at a payday of a few hundred thousand dollars, he'd have to sign a rematch clause and basically give up his first born to K2 Promotions.

However, if Jennings gambled on himself and took the eliminator against Pulev and became the mandatory challenger, he would have the leverage of a possible purse bid (meaning at least 25 percent of the money) and of not having to give up options.

If Jennings was the mandatory, K2, which never wants to gamble with losing control of a Klitschko promotion, would likely do what it always does in these mandatory situations -- overpay Jennings -- meaning a seven-figure purse to avoid a purse bid and get him to give up a rematch clause.

Apparently, Jennings prefers to take a far more onerous deal than gambling he can beat Pulev and still being guaranteed the title shot down the road. Of course, it's not all going to be his decision. It seemingly will come down to the fact that Mayweather decided on Showtime, which might have cost Jennings the title shot for the time being.

God :damn:.......Mayweather knocked the heavyweight champion of the world down to Epix :wow:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
yep read a lot about those klitschko slave contracts but they aren't intellectual and doctors and shyt for no reason. gotta do what they gotta do in this business :yeshrug:

SuikodenII

Daps
@SuikodenII breh Johnny lost...convincingly breh...mares vs ponce de leon is the better fight

Right...cause after Jhonny destroys this guy on Saturday he can get his rematch with the winner...right?...

Eddie_Murphy_Um_Yeah.gif

...right...

Last edited by a moderator:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
like I said if I had to put money on it I would edge toward Broner, but dudes are acting as If it would be a forgone conclusion and it would be a walk over.....Khan is a step up no matter how much dudes want to hate on him

Khan was murdering Garcia before he got hit....If he had stuck to his gameplan and not tried to mix it up he wouldnt have lost....

Khan will take the first three rounds against Broner maybe four after that I think it will be all Broner.....

He wasn't blowing Garcia out. That is a lie. All those rounds was close. shyt Garcia who isn't that great at defense was picking a lot of shots off with his glove. As the the middle of that 2nd round Garcia was getting closer and closer with that left hook. He knows knocked kahn down in the 3rd round. I how is exactly was there a blow out. People forget that fight didn't go long at all.

As for you to say kahn take the first three or even four rounds against Broner you must be out your mind homie. Broner isn't the man yet but that dude is levels above kahn.

I don't get the love affair nikkas have with kahn. nikka isn't that good.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
He wasn't blowing Garcia out. That is a lie. All those rounds was close. shyt Garcia who isn't that great at defense was picking a lot of shots off with his glove. As the the middle of that 2nd round Garcia was getting closer and closer with that left hook. He knows knocked kahn down in the 3rd round. I how is exactly was there a blow out. People forget that fight didn't go long at all.

As for you to say kahn take the first three or even four rounds against Broner you must be out your mind homie. Broner isn't the man yet but that dude is levels above kahn.

I don't get the love affair nikkas have with kahn. nikka isn't that good.
Khan isn't that good and has shyt for brains but his style is entertaining...The casual fan loves flashy and exciting fighters hence Khan's popularity...They think flash equals skill hence why they struggle to identify Khan's lack of intelligence in the ring and poor craftmanship...

SuikodenII

Daps
Burns-Vazquez Clash in Serious Jeopardy Over Money - Boxing News

By Miguel Rivera

According to sources in Mexico, there are serious issues with the lightweight unification between Ricky Burns (35-2, 10KOs) and Miguel Vazquez (33-3, 13KOs), scheduled to headline a very big show on March 16th at Wembley Arena in London. Reportedly Vazquez and his management never agreed to the financial terms of the fight. One source told BoxingScene.com that Vazquez's management had requested a certain purse figure for their boxer to travel over and fight Burns in the UK, but that number has yet to be met. With the date being less than a month away, some of the involved parties in Mexico believe the fight will fall apart.

2013, the shytty gift that keeps on giving :blessed:

SuikodenII

Daps
:ld: its only burns vs vasquez...not like it was highly anticipated and all

shyt it was by me, #2 and #3 lightweights in the world fighting to see who deserves a shot at #1 Broner.

NEW YORK -- Undefeated Irish heavyweight contender Tyson Fury is taking his talents to the United States. Fury (20-0) will take on former cruiserweight champion Steve Cunningham (25-5) on April 20 at the Theatre at Madison Square Garden.

The fight will be televised in the U.S. on NBC at 4 pm.

Fury, 24, is considered one of the top young heavyweight contenders in boxing, along with Great Britain's David Price and the U.S.'s Bryant Jennings. At 6-foot-9, Fury is the biggest of the bunch, and in the last 18 months has picked up quality wins against Dereck Chisora and Kevin Johnson.

"Cunningham's got all the tools," Fury said. "[He's] a former world champion, good fighter, he's got a lot of skill. I'm looking to put on a devastating performance, the best of my career to date. I'm absolutely ecstatic to be fighting at Madison Square Garden. It goes back in history and I can't wait to put my name with a long list of champions who have fought there. I'm a historian of boxing myself so this is definitely the pinnacle of my career so far."

Cunningham, 36, is looking to rebound from a controversial loss to Tomasz Adamek in December, which was also televised on NBC. Cunningham had hoped to secure a world title shot against Alexander Povetkin but after years of fighting overseas is looking forward to taking on a top rated European on his home turf.

"For the first time in my career I have a guy coming to my country to face me," Cunningham said. "I am certain he's never faced a fighter like me. What an amazing opportunity to fight in historic Madison Square Garden and return to NBC again. I am prepared to fight a great fight and come out with a victory."

According to Main Events CEO Kathy Duva, the winner of Cunningham-Fury will become the No. 2 contender in the IBF heavyweight rankings. The winner will take a big step towards becoming the mandatory challenger for unified heavyweight challenger Wladimir Klitschko.

"Giving Steve the opportunity to fight on NBC again in a bigger venue for another shot at the No. 2 position in the IBF after his controversial decision loss to Tomasz Adamek in December is what Main Events and Fight Night are all about," Duva said. "Steve put on a fantastic performance against Adamek and deserves to be rewarded with this fight. We also get to introduce Tyson Fury, a young heavyweight contender, to the American public in a true crossroads match."

Read More: Tyson Fury to come stateside to fight Steve Cunningham - MMA - Chris Mannix - SI.com

:ooh: :gladbron: good shyt...

TheScarsOnSealsFace

Kiss From A Rose
Daps
I said it before, I'll say it again. I'm not paying 70 dollars to watch PBF fight fukking Robert Guerrero. It ain't happening b..Mayweather Jr. can kiss my ass with that shyt. What a fukking joke of a fight that shyt is. Floyd gotta be trolling with this.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I said it before, I'll say it again. I'm not paying 70 dollars to watch PBF fight fukking Robert Guerrero. It ain't happening b..Mayweather Jr. can kiss my ass with that shyt. What a fukking joke of a fight that shyt is. Floyd gotta be trolling with this.

I do have a question. Is this just an example of how good Floyd really is? A 36 year old man, taking on a 29 year old interim champion, in the prime of his career, and it's considered trolling? Serious question here.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Good. If I never see Vazquez again I would never be so happy

:ld: its only burns vs vasquez...not like it was highly anticipated and all
Or like we wanted to see that shyt anyway
shyt it was by me, #2 and #3 lightweights in the world fighting to see who deserves a shot at #1 Broner.

:ooh: :gladbron: good shyt...
They better reward him for fukkin Robbing him in that Ademak fight

Who should he fight then?