Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Cool. I get you kid. I understand, but... I just don't give a fukk. If Floyd's gonna fight Gurerrero(Ring's 3 WW right?). It's cool. I just couldn't care less. This fight is fukked up, I ain't watching it, and that's that.
I don't get all the bytching about Guerrero. What fight would be better than this? There isn't much out there for Floyd, unless he goes up unless and until he takes on bigger guys, or waits for the guys at 140 to move up (Danny Garcia, etc). Canelo obviously needs one more legit win in order to build up the hype for the Mayweather fight in September, so he's out. Devon Alexander isn't any better or exciting. Sergio Martinez isn't happening because he wants his well deserved easy fight in Argentina and I doubt May would take him anyway.

Guerrero is bigger, has heart, a strong chin, and could make the fight messy and pressure Floyd. It's the best we got at the moment. :manny:

I'm excluding all Top Rank fighters from this discussion, for obvious reasons.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Who is the absolute best fight for Floyd then?

I could only legitimately think Martinez but that is a step up too far.

On another note let's not forget Mayweather is getting old too, wouldn't be surprised to see him with a shock loss if he does fight 6 more times (lol)

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Current IBO light heavyweight champion Andrzej Fonfara (23-2, 13 KO) will not fighting Canada’s Nicholson Poulard (19-3, 9 KO), older brother of former champion Jean Pascal, on March 22 on ESPN2 “Friday Night Fights” event because of a renewed hand injury. “(Fonfara) has evidence of post traumatic carpal boss, likely due to a fracture of the base of the middle metacarpal that has not completely healed,” wrote Dr Terry R. Light. Best case scenario for the “Polish Prince” will be a four week break from training if the symptoms respond to steroid injections, worst will be approximately a three to six month break, if the right hand of the IBO champ will need surgery. “Andrew’s health is our number one priority. He’s just 25 years old, and he will step into ring only being 100 percent healthy to be ready to defend his title and fight for all the belts in light heavyweight division,” said Team Fonfara spokesman Max Fonfara. The “Polish Prince” has won 10 of last 11 fights by KO – most of his KO’s were a product of his right hand power.

:blessed: you gotta love it...

SuikodenII

Daps
Adrien Broner Continues To Be a Ratings Hit on HBO - Boxing News

23-year-old lightweight world title-holder Adrien Broner was dazzling Saturday night in Atlantic City.

HBO Boxing delivered 1.4 million viewers for the live first-airing of Broner vs. Rees on HBO World Championship Boxing. Viewership peaked at 1.551 million viewers during Broner’s 5th Round TKO win over Gavin Rees.

In his seventh HBO appearance, this audience number is the highest ever for Broner. Viewership for Broner vs. Rees outperformed the audience for Broner’s last fight (11/17/12 vs. Antonio DeMarco) by 32%.

Broner vs. Rees is available on the HBO ON DEMAND® and HBO GO® platforms.

Mayweather made that move so Broner can shine and takeover on HBO :ohhh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner Continues To Be a Ratings Hit on HBO - Boxing News

Mayweather made that move so Broner can shine and takeover on HBO :ohhh:

1.55 million viewers tuned in to watch The Problem, the best fighter under 35 years old, "The Can Man" cause anybody CAN get it, beat Gavin Rees who was tougher than a well done steak:ohlawd:

Adrien Broner. The Champ.....The Future......The Problem:blessed:

3747931_o.gif

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
1.55 million viewers tuned in to watch The Problem, the best fighter under 35 years old, "The Can Man" cause anybody CAN get it, beat Gavin Rees who was tougher than a well done steak:ohlawd:

Adrien Broner. The Champ.....The Future......The Problem:blessed:

3747931_o.gif

Wake me up when he faces a live body, a pillow fisted midget beat fear into him:birdman:

SN: An whoever thinks Broner simply walks thru Khan doesn't know shyt about boxing, with his one dimensional shoulder roll(either all D or all Offense) and lack of foot movement he'll get touched over and over by Khan's impressive Jab, Broner wouldn't be able to get in range to bang, he doesn't have Mayweather reach to control distance, Broner has to sit in the danger zone to land his, thats not a good spot to be fighting someone who will flurry you to death..........................

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:russ: at this Canelo situation, dude is finished if he doesn't face Trout. Like I said if he wanted the fight it would have been signed long times ago, Canelo is pump faking acting like he want to fight and then is hiding behind Schaeffer.

Let see how this lays out, if no Trout, who do we want to see Canelo face

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Who yall got for Donaire/Rigo?

Should be a competitive fight but I got Donaire by KO...

Rigo's is an extremely talented and crafty counter puncher but his style is more catered towards the amateurs...He hasn't made the adjustment for the pro's yet and at age 31 I doubt he ever will...If you're taking Rigo in this fight you are obviously betting against Donaire being able to catch him with that left and IMO that's a stupid bet...Rigo has sjown us he is susceptible to the left and he's got a suspect chin...He's been rocked and dropped by far lesser fighters (Cordoba and Marroquin) at the pro level...

Anyways i will be in attendance for this one at radio city so I'm hoping for a great fight...

SuikodenII

Daps
Who yall got for Donaire/Rigo?

Should be a competitive fight but I got Donaire by KO...

Rigo's is an extremely talented and crafty counter puncher but his style is more catered towards the amateurs...He hasn't made the adjustment for the pro's yet and at age 31 I doubt he ever will...If you're taking Rigo in this fight you are obviously betting against Donaire being able to catch him with that left and IMO that's a stupid bet...Rigo has sjown us he is susceptible to the left and he's got a suspect chin...He's been rocked and dropped by far lesser fighters (Cordoba and Marroquin) at the pro level...

Anyways i will be in attendance for this one at radio city so I'm hoping for a great fight...

I got Rigo, dude's gonna box circles around the athletic phenom

SuikodenII

Daps
isn't brian kenny on showtime?

He does baseball now, I've seen him do Showtime too though...guess it's a "If I have the time" type thing, not sure if he's locked into any kind of contract with Showtime Boxing